Busiest Server for GSF

RickDagles

Hey all, I'm part of the Shadowlands server. Lately it has been difficult to get a game going during the day. Prime time is still fairly good but I'd like to play a little more often so I can upgrade my ships and catch up to the elites. Any suggestions for servers that are good in the morning/afternoon Eastern Time? Please note that I'm not super concerned with overall skill level/challenge, I am just looking for pure quantity of players here. Hopefully one day there will be cross server queuing.

Thanks!

There really is no way to tell, OP. There's a few servers that run a few games at a time for most of the day. I play on The Bastion and we typically have anywhere from 1-3 games going at a time. It varies widely on any given day and any server (I've checked out Harbinger and TEH as well).

What I will say is if you're looking for a server that isn't horribly skewed to Republic side all the time, play on The Bastion. If you don't care about that you're better off throwing a dart. Though it may not help you directly, I listed some channels, guilds and players on servers in my guide in case you want to contact them for more information.

Good luck, happy hunting.

Edited by TrinityLyre

Jedi Covenant is very faction balanced right now. It's still repub heavy population(in GSF) but balanced skill. I don't que to often in the early day but the server constantly has one match going minimum so ques are normally less than 15 minutes (approximate length of 1 match).

We are an east coast PvE server just like shadow lands.

Jung'Ma impside is pretty lethal (at least the times that I've been on to confirm). There seems to always be more pubs playing than imps. We had this discussion TEH last night in the GSF channel - if you're really committed to making the GSF community be as balanced as possible, make an alt on the opposite side with some friends, group, and level a ship.

It takes me 8 days to master a ship (kinda long, but not terrible). Until cross-server queing is introduced (*holding my breath*), the community will remain fractured by the lack of players willing to leave their mastered ships to start again (this is understandable as you go from being top dog to Chihuahua), but the problem between the two sides will remain an issue until everyone can play on both sides (that way, if one side is killing the other team EVERY TIME, you can coordinate the balance so that all the aces can evenly disperse).

Only issue is that with more people grouping together, 3 squads of 4 will take up a game, meaning the lone players / people just trying it out aren't going to get as many pops. This is another reason for implementing a tab like General, Trade, and PVP so that EVERY PLAYER has access to the GSF channel from the moment their new toon is created, thus allowing for coordination of GSF matches for all.

Once I get my second toon on TEH to have a mastered ship, I'm going to make an imp-side alt with my guild so that we can begin to try and self-regulate a balance (as we used to do on JM when most of the aces were in one VoIP and we took it upon ourselves to split up and face each other, rather than steamroll every newb team we saw).

I can't speak for servers other than JM and TEH. I've never complained about JC's que times, but I'm seldom there, and the only night we did Pot5, we had pretty decent ques (though towards the end of the night EST, it got a little slow, hence why I was able to reach level 8 and finish my class quest while running with my friends. Makes it a bit of a pain to not be able to get the dailies). JM typically will only have 1 game at a time, which emphasizes my point about those who aren't grouping together missing out on the GSF experience entirely.

Edited by SammyGStatus

Begeren Colony during the day normally only has one match going throughout the day (Pub side POV) and most of the time it ends out being Pub v Pubs. Like I said I don't know if imps get queues against their own, but the pops regardless are somewhat rough. Though it starts to pick up at about 4-5 pacific time, eventually there will be about 5 at a time, so pops come every 5ish minutes. Probably the same issue that many of the other servers are having trouble with.

It takes me 8 days to master a ship (kinda long, but not terrible). Until cross-server queing is introduced (*holding my breath*), the community will remain fractured by the lack of players willing to leave their mastered ships to start again (this is understandable as you go from being top dog to Chihuahua), but the problem between the two sides will remain an issue until everyone can play on both sides (that way, if one side is killing the other team EVERY TIME, you can coordinate the balance so that all the aces can evenly disperse).

That actually seems exceptionally rapid for mastering a ship. Just off the top of my head it's roughly 35k requisiton to master a T5 system and somewhere north of 100k to master a ship. Call it 200 battles to master. It does point out that ships/requisition need to be broadened out. Either have them be legacy or account wide items. I know I am in the minority of MMORPG players but I just don't react well to game developers telling me I have to spend a week or two, redoing something I already did because they screwed up. It's also a little odd on Bioware's part, they got the Cartel Market in general really right, buy something once one way or another pay some real money to have it whenever you play. GSF , no such luck.

I think the idea for the players actively balancing can work, but it relies on the idea that the players who are creating the problem actually want to fix it.

That actually seems exceptionally rapid for mastering a ship. Just off the top of my head it's roughly 35k requisiton to master a T5 system and somewhere north of 100k to master a ship. Call it 200 battles to master.

150k or so to master, which is around 138k after eight dailies and two weeklies (8 * 750 + 2 * 2500 = 11k, + 500 fleet req each weekly). Closer to 175 battles to master. Just about 20 battles per day with the "daily double", which is probably about what I was doing around f2p launch. Significantly less if you use CCs to trade daily/weekly req around (14 matches/day if you have five ships and use CCs -- hell, if you have all ships unlocked you get enough from seven dailies and two weeklies to master a ship right then, if you want to pay).

Edited by Armonddd

Jedi Covenant is very faction balanced right now. It's still repub heavy population(in GSF) but balanced skill. I don't que to often in the early day but the server constantly has one match going minimum so ques are normally less than 15 minutes (approximate length of 1 match).

We are an east coast PvE server just like shadow lands.

Seconded. JC is in a good place right now, at least relative to where it was a few months ago. Pops are regular, pub dominance is history. The only same-faction matchups I used to regularly see were pub vs pub, but now they're about as common as the former white whale (or red-headed stepchild) imp vs imp.

It isn't perfect, but it's better, and not a bad place to play.

Hey all, I'm part of the Shadowlands server. Lately it has been difficult to get a game going during the day. Prime time is still fairly good but I'd like to play a little more often so I can upgrade my ships and catch up to the elites. Any suggestions for servers that are good in the morning/afternoon Eastern Time? Please note that I'm not super concerned with overall skill level/challenge, I am just looking for pure quantity of players here. Hopefully one day there will be cross server queuing.

Thanks!

No, you need to stay on Shadowlands and help keep our queues popping. *waves hands* You want to stay on the Shadowlands, you will stay on the Shadowlands.

Please? :sul_wink:

No, you need to stay on Shadowlands and help keep our queues popping. *waves hands* You want to stay on the Shadowlands, you will stay on the Shadowlands.

He's using an old Jedi mind trick you fool! Come to the dark side. Come to The Ebon Hawk, where 3 simultaneous ques are the will of the force. Let your anger for lack of GSF ques flow through you, and use your hatred for minimal pops to click that "server transfer" button :D:D

Seriously though, the game ques are going to be slower during the day :/ Swansea and I usually que together all day on Fridays since we both have days off and TEH has great que times, but staying on the Shadowlands may ultimately help the GSF population there. If you're on that server, you can still post a couple times in fleet gen chat to que for GSF. That usually gets at 1-2 more people queing at least

Edited by SammyGStatus

You so funny, I forgot to laugh :p

Usually you can get pops after 10AM Central on Shadowlands.

There really is no way to tell, OP. There's a few servers that run a few games at a time for most of the day. I play on The Bastion and we typically have anywhere from 1-3 games going at a time. It varies widely on any given day and any server (I've checked out Harbinger and TEH as well).

What I will say is if you're looking for a server that isn't horribly skewed to Republic side all the time, play on The Bastion. If you don't care about that you're better off throwing a dart. Though it may not help you directly, I listed some channels, guilds and players on servers in my guide in case you want to contact them for more information.

Good luck, happy hunting.

Seconded, Bastion is great. Competition is good on both sides, and queue pops are frequent .

20:30 server prime time and queues are still 30minutes +... PotF... They really need cross-server queues. GSF isn't worth queuing for anymore here unless you're doing nothing else and not directly waiting for a queue. When you do get a queue, it's a stomping one way or the other. Never a challenging battle anymore...