The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

New version of armor sets without lower section forcably attached to chest.

Another thing that would be really great would be to finally be able to wear cloaks with the belt on the INSIDE of the, not cinched around the waist on the outside. So many cloaks in this game look good until all of a sudden your character forgets how to dress themselves and puts the belt on the outside of the cloak. Please fix this!

I'd like this as well. Flaps on belts, not on chestpieces.

It allows for a lot more versatility and choice. Belts become a lot more interesting. Currently most belts aren't super distinctive.

It's really too bad that the Jori set was originally released this way...then they moved the flap to the chestpiece, removed it from the belt, and didn't offer a classic version. Not cool...but it's not too late to set things right.

Maybe this is a bit tangential, but I was thinking about this the other day, and I remembered this mod strategy that someone made for Dragon Age 2. Basically, your outfit could have layers. You could have, say, a shirt piece as a base layer, and various shoulder pads / neck / chest armor over that. But the thing was, you could mix and match different pieces for different layers. The versatility was amazing. I've never seen anything in a game like it, and the thing was, it wasn't very technically challenging, since a modder did it and DA2 wasn't particularly mod friendly. Not technically challenging, just really creative and innovative.

Bioware shoulda hired that guy...

Edited by Clarian

Regarding gear for now we are stuck without slots for the following

• Back
  • Shoulder pads

The devs can't redo every piece of chest gear, especially not in one pass

However what they could do is add both slots but for the new gear only.

Now the older gear would have both slots locked, in the way you can't add others shoulder pads or back gear.

It will make the system a bit strange at first but nothing that could not be mitigated with a good communication.

Business (CC & CM ) wise wise it would not lower the possibilities either.

Next step would be to add a hide/show the following gear slots

1. Hood
  2. Shoulder
  3. Chest
  4. Bracers
  5. Gloves
  6. Legs
  7. Feet

That's seven slots unlock that you can merchandise through the CM for F2P or even P2P if you are as evil as I ;)

Regarding gear for now we are stuck without slots for the following

• Back
  • Shoulder pads

The devs can't redo every piece of chest gear, especially not in one pass

However what they could do is add both slots but for the new gear only.

That would be cool. Capes could be a separate back piece, and there could be new cape-less versions of the chestpieces with capes.

You can't be a hero without a buttflap and/or stupid looking shoulder pads.

True in real life, and true in the game! XD

I actually kinda like the idea of Shoulder and Cape slots, if Butt flaps fell into the cape slot and not belt slot.

Keep in mind it's a Back slot so you can have a backpack with flaps.

And BACKPACKS could go in the back slot! This gets better and better. There are quite a few armors that I would like, except for the stupid backpacks.

I think Backpacks/Jetpacks should have a cosmetic only slot so people who want to have a cape and a Jetpack won't be left out.

Unless they produce a Jetpack/Cape combo as a back slot item.

And BACKPACKS could go in the back slot! This gets better and better. There are quite a few armors that I would like, except for the stupid backpacks.

Tend to agree...

I think Backpacks/Jetpacks should have a cosmetic only slot so people who want to have a cape and a Jetpack won't be left out.

Unless they produce a Jetpack/Cape combo as a back slot item.

Won't work as it's either clipping or too much work for the designers to make both fit together.

Not if they use the Cassus Fett cape.

Unfortunately, the cape doesn't dye. i was going to use that chestpiece to try to mimic a Rahm Kota look but that cape ruined it.

Edited by Nickious

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, I like this idea - versions of armors without the flaps/shoulderpads/spikes/backpacks/attached hoods would be nice.

Also, more versions of the colored-visual effect armors would be nice. So that you can get a set of each in the colors you want. Like a Peacemaker Armor with the visual effect spots in blue, red, yellow, or orange. You know what I mean?

It's a boon to us that they continue releasing armor with buttflaps and other lower sections attached to the chest, knowing how much some of us like that. See what I did there?

Anyway, as many others have stated, having a classic and regular version of these armors solves the problems and makes things much more enjoyable for all.

Yeah, they really need to make two versions, I completely agree. They've done it before (although not sure you can still get the classic versions of the changed armors... can you? I think its just if you have a "classic" you keep it, but the only thing that is in the packs now is the new version, so I would NOT want them to do that!)

I agree with this suggestion. Sometimes I like the flap, usually not, but there should be variant armor that doesn't have the flaps. There aren't nearly enough chest pieces in game that simply go without the flaps, and there should be more of those.

It's a boon to us that they continue releasing armor with buttflaps and other lower sections attached to the chest, knowing how much some of us like that. See what I did there?

Anyway, as many others have stated, having a classic and regular version of these armors solves the problems and makes things much more enjoyable for all.

You didn't actually do anything. People liking the lower sections is implied. This thread is for those that don't.