Unfortunately, Leveling is too easy

Henael

Greetings,

i bought the game and had an early access, but i find that, leveling is too easy in this game there are too many ways to get 50 in 2 days, i might be only 34 but i think this game will only last a few months even less. Hence the ammount of money lost by the subscriptions.

In 8 days of casual gaming and i am level 34? And the worst is i skipped alot of quests. Besides i would divide the xps ammount by 4 or even 5 IF not 10. This is way to easy. In 8 days i am level 34? IMO i should be level 15 at the most. And enjoy exploring everything about the planets (datacrons) NOT SKIPPING cause i'm too high.

Very good game i must agree but too easy to achieve 50. I think i will not even pay 1 more month of subsciption.

In conclusion, it is a very good game everything was very enjoyable but, i want to play for MONTHS.

Regards,

Hen

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Greetings,

i bought the game and had an early access, but i find that, leveling is too easy in this game there are too many ways to get 50 in 2 days, i might be only 34 but i think this game will only last a few months even less. Hence the ammount of money lost by the subscriptions.

In 8 days of casual gaming and i am level 34? And the worst is i skipped alot of quests. Besides i would divide the xps ammount by 4 or even 5 IF not 10. This is way to easy. In 8 days i am level 34? IMO i should be level 15 at the most. And enjoy exploring everything about the planets (datacrons) NOT SKIPPING cause i'm too high.

Very good game i must agree but too easy to achieve 50. I think i will not even pay 1 more month of subsciption.

In conclusion, it is a very good game everything was very enjoyable but, i want to play for MONTHS.

Regards,

Hen

Contradiction cat is contradictory.

Oh, and see you at expansion launch.

I had early access. I've played at least a little ever since, and was off for a few days to boot. And I'm at 26.

I think the leveling is fine. When I finish this character, a smuggler, I will play a Jedi or start up with the Sith to enjoy the other storylines. There are at least 4 that will be very different, starting on a different planet from the others - in addition to the differences in, say, Trooper and Smuggler, who start out on the same planet.

There's a ton of content, and right now I'm doing exactly what I wished I could do when I played KOTOR - continuing as a smuggler and not being a goody two shoes Jedi.

Speak for yourself, I find leveling at right pace. Not too fast, and not too slow.

If you want slow leveling, I believe EQ2 is free to play now.

I agree, you will always have the rushers. I have 8 days in and only a 23 and a 2.

The only thing this means is that more people get to see more content and have fun. How is that a bad thing?

Speak for yourself, I find leveling at right pace. Not too fast, and not too slow.

If you want slow leveling, I believe EQ2 is free to play now.

I think leveling is too fast too.

The problem is, the kids who have flooded the MMORPG genre want everything handed to them.

Hence the ammount of money lost by the subscriptions.

Yes. We've all been trying to figure out how SWTOR lost all of those subscriptions, and I think you've hit the nail on the head.

Wait. There are no lost subscriptions. Is it the word 'hence' that you don't understand?

Greetings,

Regards,

Hen

you wana play for months dont play 8 hours a day any game will "go fast" if you play all day long....

Getting bored with people who play 6-10 hours a day and claim leveling is too fast.

In some cases, they resort to saying the WoW leveling system is better.

Yes, they said WoW.. a game that I got to 85 in under 2 weeks, with casual leveling.

Greetings,

Regards,

Hen

I agree to an extent on this post. First, I think warzone experience needs to be toned way down. People are leveling to 50 this way much too quickly imo. Secondly, space combat missions need to be toned down too. They give way too much experience as well. I mean come on, I do one flight mission that takes 3 mins and get 11k exp? That just seems silly when I can quest for 10 mins and complete one quest and get 8k. I am not sure if space combat scales exp wise, but if it does, yea turn the exp rate down. I am level 29 myself and have done one wz and only one flashpoint. I suspect those who hit 50 in two days or w/e did it via space combat once they got their ship or pvp. Questing does not reward too much exp imo, neither does killing mobs.

However, it is important to note, some pople stay up 4 days or more straight, or chain play, meaning one person plays 8 hrs or w/e and sleeps while another plays. This happens a lot so they never log off and well, when u are playing 24/7 leveling to 50 is bound to happen. Some people play like that and its their choice, although not what I would consider fun.

Getting bored with people who play 6-10 hours a day and claim leveling is too fast.

thank you lol its stupid and it was alittle bit slower we would have people saying its to slow.... this game can not win with all these winebags lmao at least your intelligent, thank you for not being dumb.

I'd rather not level at all and just do content. I've never liked the idea of leveling. I think it's silly to take a trivial activity(leveling) and try and grant some sort of arbitrary sense of achievement for it.

I'd rather they just throw leveling out the window and make more challenging content but too many people just want more WoW clones -_-.

Greetings,

Regards,

Hen

I love posts like this. I take it you never played a mmo before correct? The only time leveling was hard and took forever was Vanilla WoW and then BC for 10 levels. Aion was a huge grindfest because they had so little content to where at a higher level you basically just had to kill mobs for xp to level.

Leveling isn't supposed to be this huge challenge like an insane mode on fps game. If anything, I have encountered leveling in ToR a lot more challenging then any other mmo our there to date.

It does not take 2 days. I had the first wave at 6am early access Tues and to date I am only lvl 40. And I have put in some hours. I am not skipping all quests dialogue so that adds time, but to say 2 days to hit 50 is just ridiculous. I think 99% of the population aren't going to play 48 hrs straight, skip all story line and just power level in flash points, pvp and quests. That's why you still barely see any 50's.

Rift took me 4 days to hit lvl 40 and I played casual on that one. WoW you can level 1-85 in a week or less. Warhammer, AoC, Rift, WoW, Aion were all a lot easier then this to level in.

Like I said, if you wanted some insane challenge in leveling in a mmo which NO mmo does, then maybe you should stick to console games where there are different levels.

I'm Lv. 37 and I have about 4 days /played.

At the momment WoW takes ~5-6 days to max. I bet I will have 5-6 days /played. And for a newly launch MMO this is more than fine.

I just chill, I do ALL missions on a planet before finishing, then i do space mission and crew skills (almost 400 in all).

Do what I do and have fun. Don't think about it, that its fast. Just have fun.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=72359

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=71335

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=75459

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=75251

Why were none of these threads with this same topic not good enough to post in? I found these with 2 mins of page flipping. There are more, I figured these four were enough to illustrate my point.

Your view on this topic is not a unique snow flake. Please stop making new threads on same old topics. No search button is no excuse.

Edited by Baizak

Indeed, and EQ number 1 BEFORE WOW was one of the best if it's era, EQ is for achievers, i'm not sold to EQ as i tried many games, BUT i can tell it is WAY TO EASY to level, did you tried SPACE mission? And PVP?

I am casual gamer not power gamer or hardcore, i get datacrons as achievements too, but i think it is way to fast. WAY TOOOOOOOO FAST.

Rift game was a very good game too, but go killed because you level too fast and people that were 50 complain about what to do next.... I played Star Wars Galaxies and enjoyed it until they put AT ST at very low cost which i bought 3 and Camped moenia for months.

But i like to explore everything at very low speed, i think a game is an investement of time and money. Entertaining for many months IF you can get every aspect of the game. So to make my investement in time durable and enjoyable. Bioware should amke it very long, not you finish the game in 1 month or 2.

I think everybody get the point to make the money worth your time, and for them to make more money is to make a very extendable game. People will still talk about this for many months not die in few weeks.

As of wow, in it's beginning it was very hard to level and achieve. Hence why people still play WOW, cause they don't want to restart everything that was done before for years (8 years). LOTRO had the same problem leveling was too easy. Lost alot of customers. As of myself i never played WOW. But i can tell it's success from the people reluctant to change for a new game. Their customers still wants it every years.

This leveling system is too fast..

enjoy,