Two Things That Starwars The Old Republic Needs Badly

Gestas

seriously OP those are terrible ideas. What really needs to disappear is the idea of classes in general. Just give us every single skill available to every class and every talent

This is a balance nightmare. Multiplayer games have a very hard time with a system like that.

It works in single player because you are supposed to be super powerful, but not in multi.

• Replies 284
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dungeon finder. I noticed that there are players who are actually going out into the world to quest, socialize, explore, and group with other players; I find this extremely tedious and annoying. I think I speak for the majority when I say that we'd rather sit in a capital city all day trolling general while pressing the dungeon finder/PVP Warzone button over and over again while we wait for some 35 something-year-old basement dweller form a 40-man raid. That's what MMORPGs are all about. Just look at the very successful MMORPG Call of Duty.

Once dungeon finder is implemented, the next step is a cross-server dungeon finder. That way, we will be able to group up with people that we'll probably never see again. Who wants to establish reputation, relationships or friends in a MMORPG? I sure don't. Bioware, you should take a page out of Call of Duty on Xbox Live. You press a button and you just go. Oh, and please make sure you de-emphasize the importance of World PVP. I don't want to feel pressured into actually going out into the cold cruel world and, you know, world PVPing. That's annoying; and the capital cities are so warm and safe. Further, I need predefined and simple PVP objectives lest I get confused.

Dual specialization and cheap respecialization fees. Don't you hate it when you specialize into a certain area, gaining benefits that allow you to perform really well in a particular role, but then you're slapped in the face with a situation in which the cons of your spec become relevant? Me too. I think we should be able to get rid of those dreaded cons whenever we feel like it. I mean, seriously, what is this, Everquest? Are you trying to scare people off by making spec choice important? There should only be pros when it comes to specialization. In fact, you should rename specialization to jack of all trades.

In conclusion, if you don't shape up Bioware, I just may have to go back to WoW. Just sayin'.

*EDIT*

All you people who are against dual specs, cheap respecs, and dungeon finder need to go back to Everquest.

I forgot to mention in my original post that SWTOR also needs a re-class option. How many times have you been in a group that would have greatly benefited from the skills of a particular class that nobody was playing?

We should be able to change the class of our characters in-game whenever we want, for a fee of course. After all, players shouldn't be punished for choosing a class that they knew nothing about! But don't make the fee too expensive. We don't want this to turn this game into a grind-fest for money!

Restrictions = bad. They discourage experimentation, create frustration, and breed elitism!

*EDIT*

everquest chews up and spits you people out

You have to love it when someone threatens to leave the game if their demands are not met. I am sure BW will get right on this for you.

I hope they never dumb this game down to the level Blizzard dumbed down WoW. WoW can now be mastered by any 6 year old kid. WoW had all of those features at launch ..... oh wait ... it took them about 4 years to get any of those features.

Edited by netlans

Absolutely all of this and more. What if I regret my name and gender, and those equipment reward choices? Let's have a backlog of all the alternatives, so we can go back and swap it to something else constantly. And then be ported somewhere with random strangers, in order to fight random enemy players, without having to move anywhere, or type a word for the rest of the game. Good times to be had. ;)

---

Edited by Sernon

Absolutely all of this and more. What if I regret my name and gender, and those equipment reward choices? Let's have a backlog of all the alternatives, so we can go back and swap it to something else constantly. And then be ported somewhere with random strangers, in order to fight random enemy players, without having to move anywhere, or type a word for the rest of the game. Good times to be had. ;)

---

Let's just hope Bioware is listening.

Dungeon finder. I noticed that there are players who are actually going out into the world to quest, socialize, explore, and group with other players; I find this extremely tedious and annoying. I think I speak for the majority when I say that we'd rather sit in a capital city all day trolling general while pressing the dungeon finder/PVP Warzone button over and over again while we wait for some 35 something-year-old basement dweller form a 40-man raid. That's what MMORPGs are all about. Just look at the very successful MMORPG Call of Duty.

Once dungeon finder is implemented, the next step is a cross-server dungeon finder. That way, we will be able to group up with people that we'll probably never see again. Who wants to establish reputation, relationships or friends in a MMORPG? I sure don't. Bioware, you should take a page out of Call of Duty on Xbox Live. You press a button and you just go. Oh, and please make sure you de-emphasize the importance of World PVP. I don't want to feel pressured into actually going out into the cold cruel world and, you know, world PVPing. That's annoying; and the capital cities are so warm and safe. Further, I need predefined and simple PVP objectives lest I get confused.

Dual specialization and cheap respecialization fees. Don't you hate it when you specialize into a certain area, gaining benefits that allow you to perform really well in a particular role, but then you're slapped in the face with a situation in which the cons of your spec become relevant? Me too. I think we should be able to get rid of those dreaded cons whenever we feel like it. I mean, seriously, what is this, Everquest? Are you trying to scare people off by making spec choice important? There should only be pros when it comes to specialization. In fact, you should rename specialization to jack of all trades.

In conclusion, if you don't shape up Bioware, I just may have to go back to WoW. Just sayin'.

*EDIT*

All you people who are against dual specs, cheap respecs, and dungeon finder need to go back to Everquest.

I forgot to mention in my original post that SWTOR also needs a re-class option. How many times have you been in a group that would have greatly benefited from the skills of a particular class that nobody was playing?

We should be able to change the class of our characters in-game whenever we want, for a fee of course. After all, players shouldn't be punished for choosing a class that they knew nothing about! But don't make the fee too expensive. We don't want this to turn this game into a grind-fest for money!

Restrictions = bad. They discourage experimentation, create frustration, and breed elitism!

*EDIT*

aww..are you a 35 year old basement dweller? Get out into the world

*EDIT*

*EDIT*

This made me smile. While we are at it can I add... "I LvlDZ TOooO FASTZ!!11!!1!!" Ehem, thanks.

Funny to see -

A). How few people read posts and threads before responding to a topic, and

B) How few people pick up on sarcasm.

Also, I totally agree with your intended sentiments. A server community is what makes the MMO experience exciting for me.

Quoted because I like truth.

I'm not spending another penny knowing that you fools will be in charge of the country when I'm going in my geriatric phase. Lord help us all.

Please increase your basic reading comprehension.

Don't fear man. Those people make great peons. *Grins* DO this. DO that! Without them, who would give me my cheeseburger? =0)

No mean to be rude, but am I the only one that read; "bla bla bla or else I'm going to go play pandas and pokemon."

No mean to be rude, but did you read the actual post? Or any of the 246128356235 replies from those of us who clearly point out that OP is being sarcastic?