A Bolster Question

Studshagswell

I'm a smash monkey. I've bought the lvl 55 conq's gear, but I prefer the power and surge I already have with my lvl 50 mods to the crit and surge I would get with the conq's gear. If I use just the armor mod from the conq's gear, and leave my lvl 50 mods and enhancements in, will that hurt me with bolster?

As a smash monkey I get 100% crit almost all the time for my smashes. I don't want to stack crit. I like surge, 'cause it makes them crit harder. But why would you stack crit when you already get 100% free from talents?

Back to the main question though, will it hurt me if I use my lower lvl mods and enhancements with my lvl 55 armor peices for the gear sets?

I'm a smash monkey. I've bought the lvl 55 conq's gear, but I prefer the power and surge I already have with my lvl 50 mods to the crit and surge I would get with the conq's gear. If I use just the armor mod from the conq's gear, and leave my lvl 50 mods and enhancements in, will that hurt me with bolster?

As a smash monkey I get 100% crit almost all the time for my smashes. I don't want to stack crit. I like surge, 'cause it makes them crit harder. But why would you stack crit when you already get 100% free from talents?

Back to the main question though, will it hurt me if I use my lower lvl mods and enhancements with my lvl 55 armor peices for the gear sets?

Yes. Your EXP will be way too low.

My advice. Don't bother regearing with PvP items til 2.7 drops.

PS: Your level 50 stuff is bolstered to about the same levels as PvP gear. Read the sticky for more info.

^^ L-RANDLE is pretty much the local authority on bolster.

Never mix pvp and pve mods / enhancements / armors. You'll get murdered in warzones.

When 2.7 hits in less than a week, suddenly the conqueror gear that you can currently purchase with your regular warzone commendations will be obsolete. Obroan will shift down from ranked gear and take the place of conq gear. Get Obroan at that time.

Oh and P.S.: smash is getting a bit of a nerf with 2.7.

Edited by teclado

You know you can buy power mods from the pvp vendor for 400 comms right?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.