My Fellow Guild Masters

Omniscientearl

Hi guys and gals, I'm the GM of <Light of the Republic>. I just wanted to hop on to say that I've noticed an alarming trend of players to badmouth other guilds if they see them in the same group. I talked with another GM about this and I let him know that I've talked to my members about this situation.

For my guild, the following Rule is now in effect: You can dislike a player all you want, but try to give a guild the benefit of the doubt. If someone trash talks our guild, do not retaliate, just continue business as usual. <Lite of the Republic> and <Light of the Empire> will be following the same rule.

I wouldn't presume to tell other GMs what to do, but as the leader of a social guild, I generally want people to have fun, and not have extra stress when they see that they are paired up with the members of another guild. I hope you all share the same desire, and we can move on together in cooperation. :jawa_biggrin:

Is this really that big of an issue that you made a change in your guild's rules a PSA to the Harbinger community? I've never had this issue with any guild I've been in/GM'd on this server.

Also, some guilds like to have rivalries for RP or competitive reasons. If this kind of behavior is unacceptable in your guild that's fine for you to outlaw in your guild, but for others it has different meaning and context.

Or.. you can do similar to what we do and ask that our members watch their behavior in groups.. The way we put.. "That's our guild name floating over your head. What you do reflects on the rest of us.. try to keep that in mind."

How do I get a character in the green faction?

Touché. It's one of our alt guilds.

Is this really that big of an issue that you made a change in your guild's rules a PSA to the Harbinger community? I've never had this issue with any guild I've been in/GM'd on this server.

Also, some guilds like to have rivalries for RP or competitive reasons. If this kind of behavior is unacceptable in your guild that's fine for you to outlaw in your guild, but for others it has different meaning and context.

I have a feeling you didn't quite get the intent of my original post. Rivalries are fine, and can enhance the experience. However, when you get into a group, and one of the members just seems to randomly blurt out "great, another <guild> [f-bomb]tard," it can be very off-putting and even ruin what would have otherwise been a good experience.

Question: Why would it be offensive for groups to be comprised of more than one guild?

I misspoke. I didn't mean to say members of another guild in general. What I had meant to say was that if you have a bad experience stemming from a social interaction with another player, it colors your view of that particular players guild, and if you manage to end up grouped with one of those other members, it can color the experience in a bad way.

Hi guys and gals, I'm the GM of <Light of the Republic>. I just wanted to hop on to say that I've noticed an alarming trend of players to badmouth other guilds if they see them in the same group. I talked with another GM about this and I let him know that I've talked to my members about this situation.

For my guild, the following Rule is now in effect: You can dislike a player all you want, but try to give a guild the benefit of the doubt. If someone trash talks our guild, do not retaliate, just continue business as usual. <Lite of the Republic> and <Light of the Empire> will be following the same rule.

I wouldn't presume to tell other GMs what to do, but as the leader of a social guild, I generally want people to have fun, and not have extra stress when they see that they are paired up with the members of another guild. I hope you all share the same desire, and we can move on together in cooperation. :jawa_biggrin:

The part I'd like to point out which I highlighted red is that there is a certain guild out there that rhymes with moist ****fantry that try to say their a legit pvp guild.. but coordinate boosting times for people in their guild for 1500 rating. Does the GM of this guild approve of these actions? I sure think so since all those players are still in his guild. Take with this what you will but proof is in the pudding.

http://s677.photobucket.com/user/xFTx_xFTx_xFTx/media/Ghost%20Infantry%20cheating/86b67ae5-88ea-4c25-877c-e52c00833a59.png.html?sort=3&o=3

Wow am I glad I jumped servers you guys are tame compared to the trolls of POT5 those are some of the meanest foulest trolls to ever skulk the internet except maybe 4chan user those folks inhabit the void where the internet goes too die.

Anyways glad you guys are mad about bad street cred and hope to bump shoulders with you all in wz's

Sincerely

Tyreal-Brandt

and the Shards of Alderaan crew

Prejudice among guilds is a topic I'm torn on, but If simplified id put it like this:

*Disclaimer: Whilst I am an officer this post is in no way meant to show FIB's policies on this, or even what I think we should do. This is a totally personal opinion*

If I was to pug for something like a HM DP, and got someone from a guild that I know has yet to progress through HM S&V, I'll be skeptical. I'll be intolerant of wipes but I'd let them come.

Let's say I've got some people from Intrepids main group in there too.

If the person from the less advanced guild messes up, I'll remove them. Teaching pugs is not in my job description. If someone from the Intrepid group messes up, I'd give them another chance because I know it's an off day or something.

Is this special treatment? Sure. Is it biased? You bet your *** it is. But it's also Fair. Intrepid worked to get their position as one of the top guilds on the server, I'd raid with them and I trust the majority of their members.

I would also hold prejudice to a guild that has yet to clear any HM's, because I'd know there's a reason.

It may be unfair, and I may have kicked somebody who's a fantastic player and merely fat fingered and was in the wrong place at the wrong time, but I don't have time to figure this out.

I personally view this discrimination as justified.

If however, someone joins a pug group with me, and immediately bad mouths a guild that's in there, without seeing their players, (as happened just a few days ago) I'll boot them.

Sure, my chance is not lenient but at least I give people one.

Spawning into a PVP game and spamming emotes is the same to me.

As is general chat abuse, and even /say chat.

TL;DR: Personally, I think giving some guilds preferential treatment because they're good is justified, but outright booting, disrespecting or abusing players for being in a guild is not, and should not be tolerated.

Sorry for errors, I typed this on my IPhone.

Edited by Selenial

Hello, I just got into the game, and am trying to find a guild to get into. Just curious if you guys are recruiting new players to the game! Thank you for your time. :D