Who's The Best Duelist?

Cavell

For simply 1v1ing; not in a warzone, not in an arena, it's pretty obviously a merc healer. It might take two or three electronets and a length of time that's obnoxious, but they aren't dying to anybody 1v1. Among the traditional dps duelists, I'd give it to the hybrid sin tank.

because beeing good in a 1vsv1 environment doesent equal to a good grp environment performance.

Oh, I know, but I still must be missing the boat on what makes them so good in a 1v1. I don't exactly do a lot of dueling, but the few times I have, they haven't been crazy-hard to deal with as Carnage.

For simply 1v1ing; not in a warzone, not in an arena, it's pretty obviously a merc healer. It might take two or three electronets and a length of time that's obnoxious, but they aren't dying to anybody 1v1. Among the traditional dps duelists, I'd give it to the hybrid sin tank.

Sounds about right when it comes to the merc healer. I think a good jugg hybrid can waste any assassin spec-maybe not the troll spec ... only seen it used like 2 times though.

A very skilled player who knows the moves of all the classes will win 1v1 using ALMOST any class. There are a couple specs that basically need to be supported or are support.

But yeah as of now:

Deception sin

(my smash jugg does quite well atm)

And im gonna say that a skilled and highly aware gunslinger/sniper can beat almost anyone if they cant get a stealth open on him.

A very skilled player who knows the moves of all the classes will win 1v1 using ALMOST any class. There are a couple specs that basically need to be supported or are support.

But yeah as of now:

Deception sin

(my smash jugg does quite well atm)

And im gonna say that a skilled and highly aware gunslinger/sniper can beat almost anyone if they cant get a stealth open on him.

I doubt a sniper could beat a vengeance jugg 1v1. A snipers strongest attacks are very predictable and can be reflected.

Oh, I know, but I still must be missing the boat on what makes them so good in a 1v1. I don't exactly do a lot of dueling, but the few times I have, they haven't been crazy-hard to deal with as Carnage.

you cannot rupt dmg mitigation :)

Tank jugs are good because of all dat CC, leaps, and pushes. And once they run out of those, they start running through all their cooldowns, and by the time they run out of those their target is long dead,

Edited by Zoom_VI

I can't believe we are having this discussion when the clear winner is the Consular Sage :D

I know you meant to be ironic, but balance sage is actually very good 1 v 1. If there is a LoS object they can (with some work) beat mandos and slingers as well as any melee class (even infiltration shadow).

They probably don't have to burst to kill any healer and would get destroyed by any other ranged class if there is no LoS object they can use.

I'm talking about you saying you'd put veng at first after 2.7.

Veng won't be first...he's deluding himself a bit, Deception Burst > Vig Burst, and even if Veng is very beast in 1v1 it has nowhere near the potential of Deception. Even with the new changes to survivability, we won't be able to benefit from the 15% dmg reduction while stunned which is a big hit, and even if our new Enraged Defense is much better, it's only really great for lots of weak attacks, like Force Lightning or DoTs or Unload and stuff like that. Since you can heal for more than the abilities do per hit and you end up with more HP than before after their usage of the ability.

But with Deception, eating a 7-9k maul and a 7k discharge will heal you exactly twice, which is far from compensating for the dmg done, whereas eating a full force lightning will heal you for each tick, and you'll actually come out of it with MORE HP.

Edited by Tevzz