The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Does Bioware like bondage do they?

HumbleJedi

I gotta ask this

Does Bioware have a thing for bondage or something?

My jedi and kira hit level 50, and was checkin for upgrades when id got this on the GTN

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll199/Hunterman08/Screenshot_2014-03-22_13_27_35_883376_zps3501bb7e.jpg (I have head piece hidden)

Seriously? So we have bondage type masks for companions and anyone else wearing light clothing, and while i know what the sith wear in comparrison, How do you explain it to a child should a parent be playing this game?

EG:

Kid: Mummy, why is she wearing a mask over her face for?

Just understand from my point of view it looks horrible and Bioware and EA should REALLY change the looks on some head models.

I gotta ask this

My jedi and kira hit level 50, and was checkin for upgrades when id got this on the GTN

http://i288.photobucket.com/albums/ll199/Hunterman08/Screenshot_2014-03-22_13_27_35_883376_zps3501bb7e.jpg (I have head piece hidden)

Seriously? So we have bondage type masks for companions and anyone else wearing light clothing, and while i know what the sith wear in comparrison, How do you explain it to a child should a parent be playing this game?

EG:

Just understand from my point of view it looks horrible and Bioware and EA should REALLY change the looks on some head models.

Are you serious? or you just felt like trolling? Either way i'm bored, swtor is reinstalling so i'll play your little game...

http://www.2atoms.com/weird/illusions/060.htm

A child will look at the pic and see a bunch of dolphins. A man or woman with sex on the mind will look at the pic and see two lovers. If a child asks why Kira has to wear that mask and your scumbag brain decides to answer with "because it turns her on" you'll probably get a confused look anyways. If you say it's a gimp mask and it turns her on and a little 5 year old kid says ohh ok i know what that is, then you might have other problems. Assuming the kid hasnt been exposed to anything like that then switch your brain from scumbag mode to roleplay mode for 10 seconds and tell the kid its because the mask protects Kiras face when she fights, or it's a disguise so the Sith wont know who she is.

BUT if a little kid decides to ask why all the girls in SWTOR are wearing princess Leia's bikini then you have to explain to them that gamers are a bunch of pervs :p

Edited by swtonewbie

Of all the gear in this game, -THAT- mask is what makes you question Bioware's bondage fetish? It doesn't even look like a gimp mask apart from the fact that there's no mouth piece. And it isn't exactly new either. You managed to get to 50 without once coming across that on the GTN? Really?

I really also doubt a child is going to get curious and ask why she's wearing a mask with no mouth / nose, they'll likely be distracted by all the pretty lights and... oh I don't know, you're freaking lightsaber?!

Just understand that your point of view is an opinion, with a very odd sense of reasoning behind it. You don't like the mask, countless others probably feel the same, just as countless others (myself included) happen to like the mask. Nobody is forcing you to wear it, so the simple solution?

*gasp*

Don't wear it.

Edited by Darth-Rion

Hilarious. Seriously, words fail me at expressing just how idiotic the original post is. That's really the best thing you could hunt down to get self-righteous about?

Now if that perfectly innocent piece of headwear upsets you then you'd better not go over to the Imp side. Their fetish parties are legendary...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y40/Plynkes/SWTOR/OohMissus_zps059ee20b.jpg

Not sure what's going on here, but the lady at the next table said "I'll have what she's having."

All-black kinky fetish catsuit and heavy-duty metal gag. Now that is much more worthy of getting all in a tizz over, isn't it?

Edited by PLynkes

Serious question: Where are the dolphins? I tried turning and tilting my head and crossing my eyes. I don't see any dolphins. I do see the naked people though.

Look at the two lovers and now ignore the white color and concentrate on the grey area. You should see dolphins then.

Look at the two lovers and now ignore the white color and concentrate on the grey area. You should see dolphins then.

Ahh, it took me a while, but I see 'em. Thanks! I woulda stared at it all day long and still never caught them. I circled the dolphins in red for anyone who can't find them. Here ya go.

I gotta ask this

EG:

If this is how you get about a fairly plain mask in a game, I wonder what happens near Halloween...

1. If you do a Google Image search for Bondage Mask, nothing remotely like the mask you linked shows up. To be fair some of the masks that do show up are not dissimilar to some masks in game, but those tend to be the military style masks.

2. If you do a Google Image search for Venetian masks, these are much closer to what you linked.

3. At this point if Mummy has any brain cells, she says that the mask ids for playing dressup, or even to protect her face from the massive amount of murder that will be occurring.

4. This game is rated T for Teen, so that means explaining it to kids is not BioWare's problem.

I gotta ask this

EG:

In my opinion...this game is not for little kids.

There are so many worse things in the game than a mask.

Play a Sith Warrior...

In my opinion...this game is not for little kids.

There are so many worse things in the game than a mask.

Play a Sith Warrior...

Play any of the classes or the planetary stories (mass killings, torture, ... can be done with any class)

You're right this game isn't made for little kids, that's why it is rated T for teen

Edited by Never_Hesitate

Are you serious? or you just felt like trolling? Either way i'm bored, swtor is reinstalling so i'll play your little game...

http://www.2atoms.com/weird/illusions/060.htm

A child will look at the pic and see a bunch of dolphins. A man or woman with sex on the mind will look at the pic and see two lovers. If a child asks why Kira has to wear that mask and your scumbag brain decides to answer with "because it turns her on" you'll probably get a confused look anyways. If you say it's a gimp mask and it turns her on and a little 5 year old kid says ohh ok i know what that is, then you might have other problems. Assuming the kid hasnt been exposed to anything like that then switch your brain from scumbag mode to roleplay mode for 10 seconds and tell the kid its because the mask protects Kiras face when she fights, or it's a disguise so the Sith wont know who she is.

BUT if a little kid decides to ask why all the girls in SWTOR are wearing princess Leia's bikini then you have to explain to them that gamers are a bunch of pervs :p

Not true, I'm 44yo i dont see dolphins nor a couple making out or some chic from SW in a bikini. I see a bottle with some GOOOOOD HOOCH in it, drink up and have a good time. lol :D I'm sorry i just had to say it...

My 7 yo daughter insisted that Mira should be decently covered by armor while providing a helpful hint that Atton is handsome, while Mical is sexy (in the context that Atton >>> Mical). I asked her about Mical's alleged flaw and she rolled her eyes: "means one wants to have sex with, m-o-o-o-m. What, I watch Two and Half Men". We stopped watching 2.5 Men (it was not a bright idea) but we still play SWTOR.

Frankly I am more concerned that my child would pick a former specials ops with drinking and gambling issues (though admittedly on a redemption bend) over a perfectly nice med grad with interest in history,than that she glimpses the riscue outfit once in a while.

She was able to give me a laundry list on Atton: he's cute, he tells jokes, and he likes Quinly. That's ye womanhood's plan for a man in a nutshell: not to bad to look at, has a sense of humor and is really into me. I still hope it is because Atton is the only creation in existence that will cheerfully play pazaak ad infinitum.

Edited by DomiSotto