To the cartel market team - why won't you bring us more iconic Jedi robes?

1: Relnex's has the robe and tunic tucked under the belt along with short sleeves. The Exiled Master is close, but has the hood up with a long skirt and just kind of dyes...ok. Most of the others have short sleeves or a tucked in robe or a hood up or multiple of these issues. http://i.imgur.com/9ha8ELu.jpg This right here would shut me up. Even if it clipped a bit while running, if it looks good while standing and walking, I'd be absolutely tickled silent.

While I was not implying that you were nitpicking and finding some MINOR flaw in every armor set, you just provided a perfect example of my point. The robes that have been released are not EXACTLY what you desire and so they are apparently not "good enough".

2: I just said 'if' they had a valid reason (i.e. They'd get sued or something over using the exact robes). I'd shut up if that was the case too, because there's no way to win against that. Of course if it's just to build suspense over their release, then they wouldn't tell us.

I don't demand the robes, but it's just something I would REALLY like to see happen in the Cartel Market. I can live without it because there are other styles to fiddle with, but KOTOR 2 nailed the Prequel typical Jedi look, which came before TOR.

At least one poster has been nagging and pestering the devs via these forums for YEARS because BW has not given him EXACTLY the look he wants. There is ALWAYS some MINOR flaw with each and every set released. NOTHING has been good enough for him and so he has started thread after thread demanding the look he wants.

While I was not implying that you were nitpicking and finding some MINOR flaw in every armor set, you just provided a perfect example of my point. The robes that have been released are not EXACTLY what you desire and so they are apparently not "good enough".

At least one poster has been nagging and pestering the devs via these forums for YEARS because BW has not given him EXACTLY the look he wants. There is ALWAYS some MINOR flaw with each and every set released. NOTHING has been good enough for him and so he has started thread after thread demanding the look he wants.

What can I say, I learned from the best. :D

And I don't want these Jedi robes because the others aren't good enough. I accept that Relnex's, Exiled Master, Battlelord, anything can be a 'Jedi' Fashion. I don't demand any particular robes because ultimately Jedi robes are kind of up to interpretation.

Just compare http://swtorista.com/uploads/outfitimages/brown14662.jpg to http://i.imgur.com/9ha8ELu.jpg I don't even want the latter to be created because it is 'THE one and only Jedi robe." I would like to see it added because I honestly just think it looks better, honest opinion. I just like the KOTOR 2 robe fashion in my opinion, and I think it would be a nice addition, for the aesthetic, not to be THE Jedi robe, if that makes sense.

Edited by JediJuliusDavin

New player-ish here. I subbed up 2 months ago and unsubbed at the beginning of this month because the jedi styles are so unappealing. I'm really only interested in more iconic influenced looks for my characters and the jedi styles are just so un-iconic. they work for other classes but as jedi they're awful.

i'd resub and play more if they had better jedi styles like the ones shown in this thread.

Gnost-Dural was live in Satele Shan era if im not wrong?

And what he's wearing? Great Jedi Robes! http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/4/41/Gnost-Dural_SIS_JMGD.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120807203410

I can't believe after some years they lost their style :D

And idea metal parts... this metal saved Master Ven Zallow? No, lightsaber goes in him like in butter.

Blasters? It's hard to shoot Jedi. They dont need this metal parts!

In MY OPINION they don't add cool robes, becouse it would be end of CC market other robes, and people would not buy anymore other robes. :rak_01:

Edited by tummiswtor

So as far as to the reason why I also would hold the suspicion that there is fear that they would be too popular and many would stop buying new content after getting them.

The only thing that makes me uncertain of that is that you could argue that point for revans robes and that is not the case as you never really see anybody wearing them. However they are really difficult to acquire and they have not re-released the pack containing it in a while so perhaps that leads more evidence to the point that they may reduce purchases.

All in all it would be a nice addition that I would like to see but if the fear is that people may not buy as much is true then we probably wont see them unless the need for cash is significant from the team.

As far as the "substitutes" that some are unhappy with I can understand where they are coming from. When playing this game you may try imagining yourself as a jedi. When the custom garb of the jedi is not available that we all know and love I could see how that can be disappointing to some.

Yes please!!! The ones like Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, and Anakin wore in the prequels, especially when they take off the outer robe for their lightsaber fighting.

I hate to point out the obvious here, but you DO realize that what you are basically asking for is "modern" garb for a game that is set in the Bronze Age, relatively speaking? Using words like "traditional" and "Iconic" in this context fail to account for the fact that styles change dramatically over time, and three-plus millennia is a LOT of time.

Personally, I think seeing a guy dressed like a cowboy at the Battle of Troy might look a little... out of place?

I hate to point out the obvious here, but you DO realize that what you are basically asking for is "modern" garb for a game that is set in the Bronze Age, relatively speaking? Using words like "traditional" and "Iconic" in this context fail to account for the fact that styles change dramatically over time, and three-plus millennia is a LOT of time.

Personally, I think seeing a guy dressed like a cowboy at the Battle of Troy might look a little... out of place?

Wow ... what a novel concept. I'm surprised no one has ever thought of nor made that argument before.

Of course, http://vignette2.wikia.nocookie.net/starwars/images/4/41/Gnost-Dural_SIS_JMGD.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20120807203410"]Master Gnost-Dural[/url] would disagree with you.

Not to mention, Jedi are often compared to a religious order ... I am pretty sure most of our ancient religions' attire (Catholicism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, Hasidic Judaism) has transcended our history.

Just sayin'

Welle these Anakin/Obi robes are actually Exiled Master without cape, and shorter skirt. That's not a big deal.

Look at KotOR II Robes, or Master Gnost -Dural. He actually got Jedi robes same like Obi Wan or Qui Gon

Edited by tummiswtor

http://crimsonkeep.com/images/screenshots/kb-kotor2-robes1i.jpg

KOTOR 2, which was 300 years before TOR, would like to have a word with you about Jedi Robes...

Loyal adherent is actually bad. Really bad. Below-the-waist part doesn't match the chestpiece at all with its texture. It is very short and looks stupid. Why not use what we had on Ajunta Pall? Was long, nice and clipping wasn't bothersome? Also the neckwrap... Just why? It's out of place, it's female wear, it clips with the shoulder.

Why are you doing this ?

Not to mention, Jedi are often compared to a religious order ... I am pretty sure most of our ancient religions' attire (Catholicism, Hinduism, Buddhism, Islam, Hasidic Judaism) has transcended our history.[/Quote]

Ever been inside an Orthodox basilica? It's like stepping back into 10th century Constantinople.

~ Eudoxia

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

• 1 year later...