3 planets that in my opinion must be added at some point in the future

ConCube

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dantooine... meh

Kashyyyk... I guess BW would make something really pretty so ok.

Endor? No way. If I could kill all those squeaky teddy bears on the fleet I would.

I'd really like to see Yavin IV. There is lots of Sith history there and it would be interesting to learn more about the history of what will become a very important moon in 3,000 years time.

Tbh I think some of BWs best work was done on the planets they invented - Voss and Makeb. I love Voss on both sides - the look of the place, the weird Voss and their mystics, the barbarian Gormak and their abominations and the stories were great. I also love the Empire version of Makeb, the Republic storyline is weak imo but otherwise it's a great planet and quite re-playable.

Edited by Irongut

Dantooine... meh

Kashyyyk... I guess BW would make something really pretty so ok.

Endor? No way. If I could kill all those squeaky teddy bears on the fleet I would.

I'd really like to see Yavin IV. There is lots of Sith history there and it would be interesting to learn more about the history of what will become a very important moon in 3,000 years time.

Tbh I think some of BWs best work was done on the planets they invented - Voss and Makeb. I love Voss on both sides - the look of the place, the weird Voss and their mystics, the barbarian Gormak and their abominations and the stories were great. I also love the Empire version of Makeb, the Republic storyline is weak imo but otherwise it's a great planet and quite re-playable.

Same writer responsible for the Imperial Agent story. He's working with SWTOR on something else currently. Alexander Freed. BioWare needs to keep him on permanent retainer.

Same writer responsible for the Imperial Agent story. He's working with SWTOR on something else currently. Alexander Freed. BioWare needs to keep him on permanent retainer.

Fairly sure that as a freelancer write, having been successful with TOR and all, he is in far more comfortable position to do his stuff.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

Theed doesn't exist yet. It will be founded in about 2200 years. At the time of SWTOR, Naboo had only been colonized for about 200 years. There were no notable cities. The major inhabitants were Gungans, not humans.

...and if we're going to say that, might as well continue:

Dantooine was still mostly abandoned after its bombardment. No Jedi temple/academy. Very few cities.

Manaan had no surface cities. The Sith Empire destroyed Ahto City. All the Selkath are living underwater.

u sure about that?

On Hutta imperial characters can say "you could be the queen of naboo for all i care" which at leasts hints there is some city's.

u sure about that?

On Hutta imperial characters can say "you could be the queen of naboo for all i care" which at leasts hints there is some city's.

Well all the satutes that the gungans worship indicate that there was a civilization there at one point however hes correct the modern people of Naboo don't arrive until about 2000 years before the clone wars.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Elders_(Naboo)

Hmm they lived in the swamps and fought with the gungans... They might have just been a group of Rakatan what with the supposed force sensitivity. But the ruins don't really match.

Edited by TheWhiteBarontwo

For me Dantooine would be cool, trace through some of Meetras doings there. Yavin IV, cause I liked that place. Dxun would be cool too. And anything new would be fine with me, as long as the story with it was good.

For me Dantooine would be cool, trace through some of Meetras doings there. Yavin IV, cause I liked that place. Dxun would be cool too. And anything new would be fine with me, as long as the story with it was good.

Yavin would be excellent maybe get a surviving Massassi as a companion for everyone and Naga Sadows sword.

Dear God no Endor. One Ewok is quite enough. Of the ones listed, I would like to see Kashyk. Really any worlds with unique landscapes that make for nice scenery gets my vote.

It wouldn't be so bad if we could kill the Ewoks I loved that map in Battlefront I could spend all day steeping on them with an AT-ST

Edited by TheWhiteBarontwo

u sure about that?

Yeah, I remember the comment you're talking about. Well, it wouldn't be the first time that the game contradicted existing lore. This particular contradiction is probably on par with the Ewok and Chiss contradictions, though we could argue that a semi-humorous line (YMMV) isn't quite the same level as a single character out-of-place or the public inclusion of an entire Imperial-aligned race. However, it is important to note that the lore established by this game would override lore from books or the chronology (however we interpret its level of official-ness). .. At least, that is, until Lucasarts finishes re-writing the lore.

I see a few resolutions:

1) It is confirmation that Naboo was a human (or near-human) monarchy with fame and power great enough to be known to serfs living on Hutta. (alternatively: Naboo is only famous enough to be known to bounty hunters, and there was no intention for the Evocii to understand the joke). The previously stated story about the founding of Naboo is simply wrong.

2) Naboo has only a few settlements of (near-)humans, but they decide to label their leader a queen. Bounty hunters know about it because... um... they relax by doing some beast-hunting between bounties?

3) The line was a bit of a throwaway joke, much like the famous Alderaan-Space-Dust line, and wasn't meant to be rigorously analyzed.

Yeah, I remember the comment you're talking about. Well, it wouldn't be the first time that the game contradicted existing lore. This particular contradiction is probably on par with the Ewok and Chiss contradictions, though we could argue that a semi-humorous line (YMMV) isn't quite the same level as a single character out-of-place or the public inclusion of an entire Imperial-aligned race. However, it is important to note that the lore established by this game would override lore from books or the chronology (however we interpret its level of official-ness). .. At least, that is, until Lucasarts finishes re-writing the lore.

I see a few resolutions:

1) It is confirmation that Naboo was a human (or near-human) monarchy with fame and power great enough to be known to serfs living on Hutta. (alternatively: Naboo is only famous enough to be known to bounty hunters, and there was no intention for the Evocii to understand the joke). The previously stated story about the founding of Naboo is simply wrong.

2) Naboo has only a few settlements of (near-)humans, but they decide to label their leader a queen. Bounty hunters know about it because... um... they relax by doing some beast-hunting between bounties?

3) The line was a bit of a throwaway joke, much like the famous Alderaan-Space-Dust line, and wasn't meant to be rigorously analyzed.

The way I heard that line is that there is a colony there but no real governing structure. So the line about the queen of Naboo implies that you don't consider the guy important enough to worry about.

Even being a prime candidate for colonization I can see all the back to back wars delaying full scale colonization until the original given date. After all there's no pressing reason to colonize a planet like Naboo when you have plenty of Galactic wars keeping the population down especially several major ones within a 500 year period.

The gunguns also could have simply been ruled by a queen at one point.

I'm sure this has been mentioned, but I'll mention it anyway:

1: Dantooine

Pretty much just ruins. It was ruins already in KotOR 2 and it's now 300 or so years later and there is hardly anything there (that ruined academy would have been picked clean by now).

2: Kashyyyk

No, just no, there is no way that the Wooikees would let the empire on the planet after their last encounter with a slaver organization.

That means it would be a pretty one sided storyline there.

Besides, the Wookiees are pretty new to the republic at the time of the game. They didn't seem too friendly to outsiders after the events in KotOR.

Go figure :rolleyes:

3: Manaan

According to the lore, the mandalorians bombed the snot out of everything on the surface of Manaan during the Mandalorian Wars and they haven't rebuilt anything near what they used to have.

So the entire planet would be a tiny base on the surface at most.

And just as a bonus, 4: Endor

There were rumors of a secret republic bio-lab on the planet, but those proved to be false and the planet (well, moon) is pretty much desterted.

Except for the occational shipwreck, there is no interaction between Endor and the rest of the galaxy.

But how about some new planets instead?

Or do you really want the entire star wars galaxy to consist of the same worn-out 17 or so planets from the movies?

But how about some new planets instead?

Or do you really want the entire star wars galaxy to consist of the same worn-out 17 or so planets from the movies?

Again, this can't be overstated enough. Whenever people complain developers don't come up with new stuff on their games, this thread is pretty much a shining example when it comes to the WHY.

Seeing something new and unique, developed by Bioware? Screw that. Back to Yavin IV, Dantooine and so forth... Feels like flogging a dead horse.

Edited by Darth_Wicked

I would quite like to see a world with a dense jungle/forest environment where the questing zones not only open up NESW but also up and down through different levels of the forest.

Next choice would be a properly realised city planet, the ones we have so far have far too many areas inside where you can't appreciate the environment. Once again questing on different "levels" would be good fun and I think they could even throw in a cityscape starfighter map for good measure. Something "like" cloud city would also be good fun.

my two cents