The smash/sweep nerf..

NuSeC

My main is a jugg. I love my main. I roll Vengeance.

One of the abilities in Veng/Vig is getting a nerf that is entirely unneeded and unfair.

The target nerf is uncalled for. Please put a buff in vigilance/vengeance that will not require smash/sweep to have a target. This is our "stealth finder" and the reason for getting Ruin/Effluence in the first place.

:(

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My main is a jugg. I love my main. I roll Vengeance.

One of the abilities in Veng/Vig is getting a nerf that is entirely unneeded and unfair.

The target nerf is uncalled for. Please put a buff in vigilance/vengeance that will not require smash/sweep to have a target. This is our "stealth finder" and the reason for getting Ruin/Effluence in the first place.

:(

A stealth finder doesn't need to do 10k dmg on everybody AoE.

ok...hes not asking for it to do 10k, hes asking them to put a buff in the Vig/Veng tree that lets you not have to have a target selected to use smash/sweep. Because part of the "Smash nerf" is that you now have to have someone targeted to activate smash/sweep.

In Vig/Veng Spec there is a talent that makes smash cost no rage. So they use it as an aoe stealth finder. But now they wont be able to. So its a slight nerf to that playstyle and tree which is unintended. So I kinda support.

Also in Vig/Veng spec smash does about 2k damage. No dominate no shockwave no shi cho.

Edited by Smuglebunny

well i dont see the problem

situation1)

you are in fight you opponent vanishes -> next target targeting someone else -> smash tada you hit him

situation 2)

you are entering an area that seems to be empty and want to check it via smash -> last attacker (who can be on the other side of the map) -> smash tade you´ve got the stealther or not ^^

the only moment youl´ll get problems is when your last attacker is a stealther in an empty area and to be honest if he´s using a 2minute cd (sents maras are dmg imune anyway - so smash would pop them out of stealth) it should not be neglected by a 15sec ability...

Edited by Tankqull

Did you even bother to read the post?

Cretinus. Apparently the word "cretin" (and its similar forms) means a certain kind of person in many languages ;]

I think that this is good because lots of smashes were misses due to lag and awful engine. Right now using Smash will be 100% hit, no matter the lag, because you can activate it only if the enemy is in range. But then, Juggs/Guardians should be compensated with some really, really weak aoe that would just cause few points of damage just to unstealth stalkers. Could be tied into Chilling Scream or sweeping slash could get reworked.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Well, so long as you have somebody targeted, which I generally do most of the time, you'll be able to smash. It may be a pain if there are no hostiles around. I don't think that smash is very effective at de-cloaking stealthers anyway.

Well, so long as you have somebody targeted, which I generally do most of the time, you'll be able to smash. It may be a pain if there are no hostiles around. I don't think that smash is very effective at de-cloaking stealthers anyway.

lol what?

lol what?

What what?

Smash is not very effective at removing opposing players that are in stealth from stealth because it's radius is too small (5 meters IIRC). If you are in stealth and you get within 5m, you are seriously risking detection, and you are therefore doing it wrong. Hence, what I said.

Edited by teclado

What what?

Smash is not very effective at removing opposing players that are in stealth from stealth because it's radius is too small (5 meters IIRC). If you are in stealth and you get within 5m, you are seriously risking detection, and you are therefore doing it wrong. Hence, what I said.

Negative ghost rider.

Smash can be used if you see a stealther try to creep around you. Many many times I have seen a stealth get too close so that I see them then they pop "super invis" option and you cant see them... but if you knew about where they went you have a good chance of popping them out.

That is the way it has worked. I am failing to see why a nerf to smash damage requires taking targeting out. I have not saw a single post screaming for smash to require a target, it has always been about the damage.

And I don't care if it is short range... it is ALL WE HAVE. Any other ability requires focus/rage. And if you have not just been in battle you cant use it because you wont have any.

I am failing to see why anyone would have a problem with a targeting buff for Veng/Vig.

ok...hes not asking for it to do 10k, hes asking them to put a buff in the Vig/Veng tree that lets you not have to have a target selected to use smash/sweep. Because part of the "Smash nerf" is that you now have to have someone targeted to activate smash/sweep.

In Vig/Veng Spec there is a talent that makes smash cost no rage. So they use it as an aoe stealth finder. But now they wont be able to. So its a slight nerf to that playstyle and tree which is unintended. So I kinda support.

Also in Vig/Veng spec smash does about 2k damage. No dominate no shockwave no shi cho.

If he doesn't have to select a target, then how the heck will the system know who is the one eating the 10k? Every1 will suffer the same dmg. And BW (+ a large part of the community) no longer wnat to have smash hitting 5 people for 10k each. The solution is: Either he selects a target who then suffers 10k while the remaining only suffer 3-4k, or he doesn't have to select a target, but then every1 will eat only 3-4k. The latter would be the stealth detection ability he's asking for.

What I'm trying to say is: If you ask for not having to select a target, then you should realise that if BW implements this, then they will have to nerf the 10k dmg on a single target out of smash.

Edited by Cretinus

If he doesn't have to select a target, then how the heck will the system know who is the one eating the 10k? Every1 will suffer the same dmg. And BW (+ a large part of the community) no longer wnat to have smash hitting 5 people for 10k each. The solution is: Either he selects a target who then suffers 10k while the remaining only suffer 3-4k, or he doesn't have to select a target, but then every1 will eat only 3-4k. The latter would be the stealth detection ability he's asking for.

What I'm trying to say is: If you ask for not having to select a target, then you should realise that if BW implements this, then they will have to nerf the 10k dmg on a single target out of smash.

Are you....I just....I mean......

WHAT!?

Get your dam facts straight, Non-crit smashes never hit for more than 2.8k I just love all the "ZOMG 10K SMAHSES EVERYWHERE!" The only people you'll hit 10k are sages, or mercs and operatives if u get the relic proc, you're not hitting 10k smashes every 8 seconds, people are making crap up and others believe them instantly. If people can spread out of a bit Smash is next to useless, too bad over 90% of the PvP player base can't seen to understand this and feel the necessity of hugging together even if they see a Jugg in Shii-Cho form charging at them -.-''

Do you have a Jugg or Knight? Do you understand the difference between the Rage/Focus and Vengeance/vigilance skill trees?

I am having a hard time believing that you even know what we are talking about. Vigilance/vengeance does not ever produce a 10k smash... EVER.

This quote alone shows how unintelligent the whiners are that cause a nerf. Smash doesn't do 10k aoe every time. At least have knowledge of something before you post.

Smash shouldn't require a target, and rage spec should be overhauled. On the PTS, marauder and juggernaut's rage spec is broke. It literally has no purpose at all. For single target DPS, use carnage or vengeance specs. For AOE, go play a sorcerer or AP PT. Edited by TheCourier-