Best species for each class...

Tungstenses

Give your opinions on this. Which species do you think is the best for each 8 classes?

My opinions;

Jedi knight: Human

Jedi consular: mirklian/mirlian

Smuggler: Cyborg

Trooper: Human

Sith Warrior: sith species

Sith inquisitor: human

Imperial agent: Chiss

Bounty Hunter: cyborg/human

Edited by Tungstenses

My personal preference:

Sentinel: Human

Guardian: Human/Cathar

Shadow: Mirialan

Sage: Miraluka

Vanguard: Cyborg

Commando: Cathar

Gunslinger: Twi'lek

Scoundrel: Human

Marauder: Human/Sith

Juggernaut: Human/Cyborg

Assassin:Human/Zabrak

Sorcerer: Human

Powertech: Cyborg

Mercenary: Human

Sniper: Human (and in my case Miraluka cuz blind sniper)

Operative: Human

Since there are no stats or other combat related things attached to the species, it is purely a flavour question, and as such here my picks:

Jedi Consular: Human

Jedi Knight: Miraluka

Smuggler: Twi'lek

Trooper: Mirialan

Bounty Hunter: Togruta (still not in the game, but I want that combination!)

Imperial Agent: Cyborg

Sith Inquisitor: Cathar

Sith Warrior: Sith Pureblood

Edited by Drudenfusz

Jedi Consular: Zabrak

Smuggler: Human

Bounty Hunter: Rattataki

Imperial Agent: Chiss

Sith Inquisitor: Zabrak

I would've said Cathar for a couple of them, but none of the voice actors for player characters have the right accent for a Cathar.

Jedi Consular: Zabrak

Smuggler: Human

Sith Inquisitor: Zabrak

I would've said Cathar for a couple of them, but none of the voice actors for player characters have the right accent for a Cathar.

Very true on the cathar, there is no voice actors that match them

Jedi Knight: Human

Jedi Consular: Miraluka

Smuggler: Cybork

Sith Warrior: Pureblood

Sith Inquisitor: Human

Bounty Hunter: Cybork

Or in my case(home planets are bracketed):

JK: Human(Tython)

JC: Luka

Vang: Human(Coruscant)

Scoundrel: Human(Coruscant)

SW: Human(DK)

SI: Human(?)

BH: Human(Correlia)

IA: Human(Alderaan)

Edit: This is about the male characters.

Edited by Cuiwe

Jedi Knight: Human

Smuggler: Mirialan

Trooper: Zabrak

Sith Inquisitor: Twi'lek

Bounty Hunter: Cyborg

My original game plan was pretty much this and even though some stuff got changed, some remained the same.

Jedi Knight: Human (really any will work well for JK, Human if I had to pick just one)

Trooper: Cathar or Zabrak

Smuggler: Twi'lek or Mirialan

Sith Warrior: Human

Sith Inquisitor: Sith Pureblood (yes, some of them were slaves)

Bounty Hunter: Cyborg or Rattataki

Agent: Chiss or Human

Got inspired for the AC list:

Guard: Human

Sent: Zabrak

Sage: Miraluka

Shadow: Mirialan

Commando: Cathar

Vanguard: Human

Gunslinger: Cybork

Scoundrel: Twi'lek

Jugg: Pureblood

Mara: Human

Sorc: Pureblood

Sin: Zabrak

Merc: Cybork(or Rat if my BH classification is too human for you)

PT: Human

Sniper: Chiss

OP: Chiss(or Twi if you don't want a double Chiss IA)

• 7 years later...

These are my personal choices:

Republic

Knight: Nautolan (some real Kit Fisto vibes)

Consular: Miraluka

Trooper: Human (big Havoc Squad tattoo FTW!) or Zabrak

Smuggler: Cyborg or Cathar

Empire

Warrior: Sith Pureblood (duh) or Human (basically the only other species in the Empire capable of getting anywhere)

Inquisitor: Rattataki or Zabrak for male, and Twi'lek for female

Bounty Hunter: A species that can (realistically) wear a helmet, otherwise I don't really care

Agent: Chiss (it's apparently based on Thrawn, plus the accent fits it perfectly)

I would do different races for the advanced classes, but I have yet to actually finish them all once, so I'll leave that for now!

Edited by HamsterJamster

I kinda broke my own ideas down based on the game descriptions along with trying, just for style sense, to have no overlap (and using the original races/original race options).

For the Republic:

• Knight - Miraluka. What can I say, I'm a sucker for the "blind swordsman" archetype.
  • Consular - Mirialan. Described as "spiritual", so best fit for a mystic-ish Jedi story.
  • Trooper - Cyborg. Made to be the "best of the best", so enhanced to compete with the Republic military's opponents.
  • Smuggler - Twi'lek I'll be honest, I pretty much went with this because all the other original races were taken, and the Smuggler feels like the most open background.

And for the Imperials:

• Warrior - Pureblood. The "purity" of the Warrior is kind of a big deal in the early story especially. Human/Cyborg would fit that too, but Pureblood is better.
  • Inquisitor - Zabrak. A dirty alien, one of the two mentioned by Ashaa, and all the better for pissing off Imperial traditionalists. Twi'lek would be as well, maybe even better, based on those standardsadmittedly, but doesn't have a head that pairs up well with the unique, class-oriented helmet.
  • Hunter - Rattataki. Supposedly have a reputation for being tough-as-nails types. So a good fit for a Bounty Hunter.
  • Agent - Chiss. I mean, original concepts were meant to invoke Thrawn, IIRC, and there are several story elements that will specifically acknowledge a Chiss background, so seems a good choice.

Mind you, this isn't saying I went these routes, just what I feel is the best options for them...

Knight: Human/Cyborg (Basically the same thing with cosmetic differences)

Consular: Miraluka

Smuggler: Mirialan (Because one of the chat choices is "I'm a Chiss" which they reply, "Aren't they blue?" and this class imo works best with this line, considering everyone knows what a Twi'lek is)

Trooper: Human/Cyborg (Special Tats!)

Warrior: Sith Pureblood (never played this race myself tho)

Inquisitor: Human (slave branding)

Agent: Chiss

Warrior could also be Human (Special tats!).

Well, i'll just go with whatever my main characters are i guess, so :

Republic side :

• Female Sentinel - Echani. They have a culture based around fighting and martial arts, which fits well with the JK, imo. Unfortunately, they're not a proper playable species, so mine is obviously an Echani-looking human.
  • Male Guardian - Tholothian. I just like the species (always liked how Adi Gallia looked, and having a male one would be nice as the only ones we've seen have been female), and would love if it was playable, so as with the Echani, mine is a human i made to look as close as possible to Tholothian as i could, which unfortunately is not that close as there's nothing in game that looks close enough to how their head look like.
  • Male Shadow - Iridonian Zabrak.
  • Female Sage - Miraluka. I quite like the idea of a blind healer.
  • Female Vanguard - Nautolan.
  • Male Commando - Togruta.
  • Male Gunslinger - Mirialan.
  • Female Scoundrel - Twi'lek.

Empire side :

• Female Juggernaut - Kiffar. Not very lore friendly considering the story background of the Warrior (which is mostly relevant on Korriban only, so...), but i like the idea of a Kiffar posing as a human in a very anti-alien society, so my Jugg is human with some face tattoos that i HC as Kiffar. But, the most lore-friendly would obviously be PB, followed by Human/Cyborg
  • Male Maraudeur - Cyborg.
  • Male Sorcerer - Pureblood. Considering that despite the slave background the SI comes from an old Sith bloodline, already knows how to use the Force right from the begining of the game and can understand a rare and ancient / forgotten language, PB actually works pretty well, especially since there is an explanation given as to how they became slave in the first place. The most lore-friendly would probably be human though. Dunno why fem PBs have access to the SI's exclusive "slave markings", while their male counterparts don't though...
  • Female Assassin - Cathar.
  • Male Operative - Zeltron. Honestly a species capable of influencing others with pheromones would be the ideal species for a spy like Cipher 9. Obviously, mine's a human that i tried to make look pink-ish, i'd love to have the actual species though.
  • Female Sniper - Chiss.
  • Female Mercenary - Rattataki.
  • Male Powertech - Dathomirian Zabrak.

• 10 months later...

In my personal opinion:

Republic:

Knight - Mirialan, because their species is strong in the force, particularly the light side.

Consular - Miraluka, because the have a more spiritual connection with the force, as they use it to allow them to see.

Smuggler - Cyborg, because it seems kind of like a smuggler to get an implant or two.

Trooper - Human/Cyborg, Human because it is just generic, and cyborg because it would not be unlike a soldier to get some performance enhancing implants for when in battle.

Empire:

Warrior - Pureblood (Sith Species), because the Warrior most likely comes from nobility, and most noble families in the Sith Empire were of the Sith species.

Inquisitor - Twi’lek, because they come from a slave background, and most of the slaves in the Sith Empire were either Human or Twi’lek, with the majority of them being Twi’lek.

Agent - Chiss, because they had a strong alliance with the Sith Empire, and many intelligence officers in Imperial Intelligence were Chiss or Human.

Bounty Hunter - Rattataki/Human, Rattataki we’re a race of warriors and not many were force sensitive, so they wouldn’t be Sith Warriors, so what other classes take a high trend level of combat training, the Bounty Hunter, and Human would also be a generic species for this class as well.

What I've noticed making a lot of alts is how many of the classes seem to be intended for Humans. For example:

- Troopers: Humans get distinctive tattoos and backstory --instead of the 'guerilla' history that aliens get, they were top in their class.

- Sith Warriors: Again, Humans get distinctive tattoos that other species don't get. Purebloods get unique dialogue though.

- Sith Inquisitors: Humans get slave markings which are like distinctive scars. Thanaton also treats Humans slightly differently than aliens.

- Bounty Hunters: Again, Humans get unique tattoos.

- Smugglers: Nothing in character creation, but In the class story, Skavak initially would only sleep with Female Humans (Act 1 Finale), though I think this has since been patched. It reflects Skavak's chauvinism, he didn't sleep with the Mirialan on Coruscant either.

- Agents: Humans may be the only species able to have a relationship with Keeper, though I might just be bad at it; I tried with Chiss and it didn't trigger. Humans also get treated differently by Jadus when he's trying to tempt you.

As far as I know, Jedi Knights and Consulars don't get different lines or anything extra at character creation if they're human, but tbh I've only made 1 human consular and it was a long time ago.

Edited by Ardrossan

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.