for gods sake, end Kuat now!

Kuat tactical flashpoint is the work of the devil. you can not get a group for anything but kuat, if you uncheck kuat you'll end up sitting for hours waiting for anything else to pop. new people leveling through kuat don't learn anything, except how to be an annoying ****** who has no idea what his classes role is in general or in a flash point. they run ahead, attack huge groups of mobs, then get mad that you didn't heal them, even though you arent a healer, and were on the other side of the fp with the other two dps that queued with you. they'll wait till pats are almost on top of them to attack an elite, then wonder why they are taking so much damage. when these people hit operations, many of them will quit the game, because they'll get tired of getting booted out of the group because they never learned the first thing about any damn thing. for once in your money grubbing life, do something to make the game better, not something to make your wallet fatter with no thought to the future

Leveled my sorcerer to 55 doing Kuat just about every day since it dropped.

People run ahead and in different directions - who cares? If they can't kill the any mob they aggro, then that is there problem not yours.

People yell at you for not healing when you are not a healer - Again who cares? Finish the flashpoint resectfully as possible then ignore and forget. Personally on my Sorcerer even as dps I healed as much as I did dps at times leveling in Kuat, but I never chased anyone down to heal them. If they ran off on their own, then I figured they had it covered, so I am not worried about them.

I think anyone knows that Kuat isn't going to prepare anyone for operations, one is role neutral while the other requires people to play their role. Where it should help, is help in teaching people awareness, how to use defensive cooldowns and their rotation. However, people will get out of it whatever they want, so some people will get nothing out of Kuat but experience and being placed on peoples ignore list.

I actually like Kuat, great experience points and I find it just fun. If I die in a role neutral flashpoint, then the only person I can blame is myself. Even when I have done this the a few times on my sage and sawbones, I dps more than I heal because 1) damage is nothing in this and 2) I wants to kill stuff too.

Kuat tactical flashpoint is the work of the devil. you can not get a group for anything but kuat, if you uncheck kuat you'll end up sitting for hours waiting for anything else to pop. new people leveling through kuat don't learn anything, except how to be an annoying ****** who has no idea what his classes role is in general or in a flash point. they run ahead, attack huge groups of mobs, then get mad that you didn't heal them, even though you arent a healer, and were on the other side of the fp with the other two dps that queued with you. they'll wait till pats are almost on top of them to attack an elite, then wonder why they are taking so much damage. when these people hit operations, many of them will quit the game, because they'll get tired of getting booted out of the group because they never learned the first thing about any damn thing. for once in your money grubbing life, do something to make the game better, not something to make your wallet fatter with no thought to the future

TLDR: Needs 3 friends.

Also wall of text.

Edited by DarthCelcius

Tbh op does have a point about the other flashpoints not popping that often anymore.

While I usually got a pop within 5 or 10 minutes on my lowbe healers. Nowadays that one rarely pops. Since 2.7 brings 2 new tactical flashpoints I fear that the old flashpoints will slowly die out (or is it lv 55 only?)

You can say this is evolution of the game but it feels a bit sad anyway. It would be nice if bioware would make the rest into a tactical flashpoint too. Its not as if lowbe flashpoints are tough. A decent healer can solo it when he had the same level and appropriate gear (personal experience since I sometime don't want to wait). Having no tank is not a big deal since you can easely heal a dps. Add some koltopods at the bossfights and you're good to go.

What I disagree about is that people learn from lowbe flashpoints. The only lowbe flashpoints with mechanisms which require care are the red reaper, atthis last boss and mailstrome prison laser boss. The rest is pretty much tank spank like kuat. I even feel that at some parts the end boss In kuat offers more a challenge than other lowbe stuff.

I totally agree with the OP. Time will tell if our fears are justified, so it may not be as bad as we think, but I am not too optimistic about it.

What I disagree about is that people learn from lowbe flashpoints. The only lowbe flashpoints with mechanisms which require care are the red reaper, atthis last boss and mailstrome prison laser boss. The rest is pretty much tank spank like kuat. I even feel that at some parts the end boss In kuat offers more a challenge than other lowbe stuff.

It's not so much about mechanics, it is about understanding the trinity system. People who never played an MMO before need to understand the difference between a tank, a healer and a DPS. Kuat encourages DPS to always pull mobs themselves, so they'll never learn to wait for the tank.

Also, since Kuat does not drop any gear, people won't learn the difference between Need/Greed. From my experience, by the time players reached level 20, they already had it explained to them not to roll need on unneeded gear, but can you explain it to them now if there is no gear to roll on except for rep tokens where everyone needs on anyway?

Of course, Kuat is very easy and you can ignore the players and move on, but come a few months and these players have reached level 55, how should they learn everything now? The game's normal flashpoints should explain group gameplay; this should not be the responsibility of other experienced players recruiting new members.

I actually see that the OP does have a point. With double exp and all it's actually matter of days before someone hits 55 from a fresh character. Even if they are f2p with no legacy, it is only about 2 weeks max before they hit 55. Since KDY automatically bolsters all gear and stats to lvl 55 of the same quality, I won't be surprised when I start seeing noobs trying to get into operations in their lvl 15 greens.

I like the idea of tactical FPs but I think the option to queue for one should be locked until the player has at least one lvl 55 character. That way new players get to learn the basic structure of the game while the vets can powerlevel their alts through tactical FPs.

Ran through it a bunch today on my alt. It's full of morons. My advice for all of you healers out there, queue as dps instead, so you can just heal people you deem worthy of it. As it stands right now, the one uniform ability i've seen is for all 3 dps to use their aggro dump abilities to dump their aggro on the healer at random times.

1- It's a boring flashpoint., full of worthless trash.

2- The one boss it does have, has annoying mechanics that players with triple digit IQs have to repeatedly explain the tactics of to people with double digit IQs.

I'm convinced this place was a practical joke by the devs, to ambush groups of retarded dpsers by making them clear a bunch of trivial trash to run into a brick wall of a boss.

I clear this boss every time by the way, but on several occasions as a healer I've literally pulled three fools through the event, even after they professed they knew what to do. Apparently, in modern parlance, knowing that you need to shoot the boss at some point is considered, "knowing what to do."

Edited by nightsproull

I won't be surprised when I start seeing noobs trying to get into operations in their lvl 15 greens.

I know, currently I have to grind dailies to get credits for full set of 72s to be accepted as a tank for Czerka FPs.

Even more annoying (than dps pulling before tank) is the fact that people try to force you tank KDY even if you're Scoundrel/Operative because "someone needs to tank so I can focus doing my Dps Rotation Dulfy Edition".

I know, currently I have to grind dailies to get credits for full set of 72s to be accepted as a tank for Czerka FPs.

Even more annoying (than dps pulling before tank) is the fact that people try to force you tank KDY even if you're Scoundrel/Operative because "someone needs to tank so I can focus doing my Dps Rotation Dulfy Edition".

I had zero problems tanking on my little concealment Oper, this being KDY and all,

Also as an Op you have heals, granted it does very little if you're getting hit by 2 or more groups of mobs, but in that case you can just use your combat stealth and pop back in a second later, if anyone has a problem with that they can tank it.

Operatives aren't tanks, so if you can do it; gratz !

can't or won't: no harm done, let the Mara go in first, they seem to enjoy dieing :rolleyes:

I had zero problems tanking on my little concealment Oper, this being KDY and all,

Also as an Op you have heals, granted it does very little if you're getting hit by 2 or more groups of mobs, but in that case you can just use your combat stealth and pop back in a second later, if anyone has a problem with that they can tank it.

It's good thing about stealth classes that they can't be trolled at higher levels. If someone tries: Force Cloak + Blackout + "Better luck next time!" to chat.

You know, this would explain the recent spat of medium leveled players I've been running into while leveling my alts, who don't seem to understand the slightest thing about their characters, and are wearing black talon gear.

Honestly, I had no idea the tactical FP was so popular. I ran it a couple times, and then unchecked the box in group finder because it seems pointless outside of a little burst XP. Are people really plowing their way to 55 with it?

Tbh op does have a point about the other flashpoints not popping that often anymore.

While I usually got a pop within 5 or 10 minutes on my lowbe healers. Nowadays that one rarely pops. Since 2.7 brings 2 new tactical flashpoints I fear that the old flashpoints will slowly die out (or is it lv 55 only?)

You can say this is evolution of the game but it feels a bit sad anyway. It would be nice if bioware would make the rest into a tactical flashpoint too. Its not as if lowbe flashpoints are tough. A decent healer can solo it when he had the same level and appropriate gear (personal experience since I sometime don't want to wait). Having no tank is not a big deal since you can easely heal a dps. Add some koltopods at the bossfights and you're good to go.

I dunno, I'm not finding an appreciable difference in how often the dungeon finder goes off for classic dungeons. I'm leveling two tank alts for fun, and the time for a ding is anywhere between 5-10 minutes on Ebon Hawk. At 55, no matter the time of day, it's instant. No big.

You know, this would explain the recent spat of medium leveled players I've been running into while leveling my alts, who don't seem to understand the slightest thing about their characters, and are wearing black talon gear.

Honestly, I had no idea the tactical FP was so popular. I ran it a couple times, and then unchecked the box in group finder because it seems pointless outside of a little burst XP. Are people really plowing their way to 55 with it?

Honestly? I think you might be right about the players not learning the class/role the would need to perform in a group doing just about anything else other then a role neutral content.

I disagree about the XP gain, leveled one toon strictly by doing FPs during the time before KDY came out, and another after, it's faster to level in KDY. But if you're trying to learn your class as you go, doing that in KDY is more complex.

All in all better lockout anyone without a 55 character out of KDY and make KDY an Alt leveling tool ;)

I disagree about the XP gain, leveled one toon strictly by doing FPs during the time before KDY came out, and another after, it's faster to level in KDY. But if you're trying to learn your class as you go, doing that in KDY is more complex.

All in all better lockout anyone without a 55 character out of KDY and make KDY an Alt leveling tool ;)

Good to know. I guess I now know where to grind out a healing alt, if I ever bother making one.

Heh, rough times ahead for people doing heroics, I guess. It's a good time to make friends with competent players.

I've been leveling a healer through KDY, honestly its great. If I can heal 3 idiots through KDY then end game with my guild that knows what they are doing it will seem much easier. Its funny how its "role neutral" but if i stop healing they all die rather fast....

Roll a tank if your that concerened that's what is needed TANKS and lots of em

I've been leveling a healer through KDY, honestly its great. If I can heal 3 idiots through KDY then end game with my guild that knows what they are doing it will seem much easier. Its funny how its "role neutral" but if i stop healing they all die rather fast....

Hah, I think I learned a few new healing tricks this weekend while doing KDY. It was harder to heal three derp-sers in kdy than it was to heal a normal group in collicoid, red reaper, or directive 7.

Unfortunately you are right. I joined a group for a terror from beyond run yesterday to find a bunch of lvl 50 players claiming to be tanks and healers with 19-17k health roughly (can't remember the exact numbers) and even a couple of lvl 48s. lets just say any lvl 55 who joined that group left rather quickly. I enjoy doing KDY to level alts but seriously more and more new players are appearing who don't know what gear to use or what their roles mean because of stuff like KDY and sometimes star fighter. don't get me wrong they are both great fun but when players are reaching lvl 55 in lvl 10 gear and no knowledge at all of their class it hurts both end game and the experience over all. I'm just glad the new Tython/Korriban flashpoint is lvl 55 only. Edited by RSKeogh

I disagree. I never have Kuat checked and I get into FP's almost instantly. As a healer that is. I cannot speak for DPS or Tanks. As for the healing comment... these are tactical FP's we're talking about. No healing needed. They place 'nodes' around the boss fights which you can activate that provide more then enough healing. I can do Czerka or Kuat FP's all day long as a healer and not really need to heal at all.

This game needs tactical operations as well, considering how easy story modes are nowadays its not such a bad idea :rak_03:.

Just kidding, i actually agree with the OP.

Big no on this one. Leave Ops alone! Ha ha. I know you were kidding but I don't want anyone to get ideas :p lol

I disagree. I never have Kuat checked and I get into FP's almost instantly. As a healer that is. I cannot speak for DPS or Tanks. As for the healing comment... these are tactical FP's we're talking about. No healing needed. They place 'nodes' around the boss fights which you can activate that provide more then enough healing. I can do Czerka or Kuat FP's all day long as a healer and not really need to heal at all.

Well I just found that actually healing just makes it go faster because nobody ever has to pauze.

And you still have time to do damage.

Well.. as a Sage healer, anyway.

dude, this is ridiculous. Whenever something new comes everyone goes to do it and forgets about everything else. It happened with CZ-198, it happened with Oricon, it happened with Section X, its fine, people just play the new stuff more than old stuff, when 2.7 comes it will just shift to the new invasion flashpoints. And to that guy who suggested a lockout, no because again this is just a fad that will pass, and besides its not that hard to find a group on fleet to do any flashpoint.