Stuns and Resolve?

WeadonismyMaster

Spawn, stun, stun, stun....dead....spawn.. Sound familiar? This has become very common since the last patch, and it seems the resolve system is not working or the ways you can be stunned have changed.

I play a OP Healer, and used to be quite hard to kill when resolve worked, but now they just lock me down and I don't get a chance to do anything before I am dead...

What gives? I loved the old resolve system since you could still hope for escape. Now I just die. It really is killing my game/fun as I just don't get why its happening and why they would go this direction.

Any direction or thoughts on why SWTOR is now a stunfest?

Edited by WeadonismyMaster

resolve kinda sucks. most casting classes have uninterruptable windows. as an op, you have a lot of instants and vastly superior mobility escapes (instant, roll, combat stealth). so you should be interrupted any time you try to cast a meaningful cast heal. you might try decoy casts of diagnostic scan. I still fall for that once or twice a day. probably won't work when it counts in rated. but who knows?

anyway...stun stun death. rinse. repeat. has been a theme in this game since its inception.

Resolve is working just fine for me.

Lol of course, you're a sin....the main problem of the stun/resolve QQs seeing as though you fight someone stunned the whole match...I may be mistaken by this but cant you fit 3 of you stuns in a resolve window? Spike, Low Slash, and the dreaded Electrocute...the hard stun that makes even bads look good cause they can fit 3 mauls in with a Duplicity proc and a big crit on 1 of them...

Also when you get stunned you can use your cc breaker on the bait stun cause, if you have a phase walk down you can get out of harms way when their hard stun hits :p

If my perception is just out of wack I am OK to hear that. I have just felt much more vulnerable and certainly have been dying more. 0-2 deaths in a WZ were typical, now I am in the 6-9 area. Heals were 1 million +, and now 900k+ and I am struggling to understand why.

Well nothing happened to increase stuns or add more CC. I might have a hard time saying this but maybe people are actually figuring out to apply pressure to healers.

If my perception is just out of wack I am OK to hear that. I have just felt much more vulnerable and certainly have been dying more. 0-2 deaths in a WZ were typical, now I am in the 6-9 area. Heals were 1 million +, and now 900k+ and I am struggling to understand why.

well get used to it homeboy, and in 2.7 your heals are gonna drop to 700k

PvP has always been Stun Wars. It's very frustrating. I don't know of another game that literally renders your control of you character useless. I always wonder what CoD would be like if your opponent could stun you and make your controller not work and then stand there and shoot you with no recourse. Class changes and FotW will always be influx, but this is the single thing about WZ's to me that makes them not fun at times. I don't know why they can't create a system where the resolve bar doesn't empty when you respawn. I feel like the problem is always either a breaker on CD because it was used properly with a full resolve bar and it's not available for the next resolve bar, or you finally get a full resolve and are locked down in stun and die during the stun lock so you save your breaker and then the bar empties during the respawn process.

Lol of course, you're a sin....the main problem of the stun/resolve QQs seeing as though you fight someone stunned the whole match...I may be mistaken by this but cant you fit 3 of you stuns in a resolve window? Spike, Low Slash, and the dreaded Electrocute...the hard stun that makes even bads look good cause they can fit 3 mauls in with a Duplicity proc and a big crit on 1 of them...

Also when you get stunned you can use your cc breaker on the bait stun cause, if you have a phase walk down you can get out of harms way when their hard stun hits :p

Bioware thinks that stun locking stealth classes are fun for the people that don't play them.

Then they nerf OP DPS, when the smart PVPers know that assassins are the problem. Here's a hint: Operative DPS aren't the ones topping all of the charts.

They could fix both classes by just buffing resolve to build faster, decay slower, and break a stun on fill.

Um no, two CC directly in a row will whitebar the other person, and spike? lololol don't make me laugh, that's only good for an interrupt. I don't need to CC spam people to kill them, I kill them by sheer outpacing of damage in my burst phase. I save my CC's for times when it benefits the team to use said CC, not to get a measly extra pointless kill and pad my scoreboard numbers.

I couldn't really care less if I end a scoreboard with 150k damage/2 kills or 900k damage/70 kills, if I got the win and I contributed to the team getting objectives and all that, then I did my job imo.

Edited by Hei_Atzfel

The "old resolve" system? The one that changed in like 1.4 and hasn't been touched since?

I thought it functioned better prior to 1.4 as it at least punished overlapping CC's. Now you can just spam them on a target with little consequence.

I thought it functioned better prior to 1.4 as it at least punished overlapping CC's. Now you can just spam them on a target with little consequence.

No argument there but the OP said "since the last patch." The resolve system hasn't been touched since 1.4, was jsut pointing that out.

No argument there but the OP said "since the last patch." The resolve system hasn't been touched since 1.4, was jsut pointing that out.

Ya I know. I was just pointing out that I thought it worked better back then. I would also have no problem with the effect of resolve being improved as well, but we may have to ramp back healing a bit if we did it or nothing would ever die.

Um no, two CC directly in a row will whitebar the other person, and spike? lololol don't make me laugh, that's only good for an interrupt. I don't need to CC spam people to kill them, I kill them by sheer outpacing of damage in my burst phase. I save my CC's for times when it benefits the team to use said CC, not to get a measly extra pointless kill and pad my scoreboard numbers.

I couldn't really care less if I end a scoreboard with 150k damage/2 kills or 900k damage/70 kills, if I got the win and I contributed to the team getting objectives and all that, then I did my job imo.

Ok...lets drop Spike...which was not the main argument (apologies for the digression) btw, you still have a 15 sec stun that would be there as soon as the target's resolve bar replenishes

Also, I was not specifically referring to your "Awesome PvP skills that rid you the need of using a stun", more about what happens when there aren't players blessed with your particular thought process and utilizing their CCs properly...off hand i cant think of any other class that can pull stuns out of a hat as often as this class

Ok...lets drop Spike...which was not the main argument (apologies for the digression) btw, you still have a 15 sec stun that would be there as soon as the target's resolve bar replenishes

Also, I was not specifically referring to your "Awesome PvP skills that rid you the need of using a stun", more about what happens when there aren't players blessed with your particular thought process and utilizing their CCs properly...off hand i cant think of any other class that can pull stuns out of a hat as often as this class

Current DPS op is about the same. 1.5 second knockdown (a stun for all intensive purposes), 4 second hard stun, AoE mezz, and long duration stealth mezz dart. Pretty much the same.

Then there are tank spec jug/guardian. 3 second stun channel gone instant cast, 4 second single target stun, push, and AoE mezz just for good measure. So ya, there are a lot of setups in this game with pretty crazy CC as I am sure I am missing another stun broker or two.

Current DPS op is about the same. 1.5 second knockdown (a stun for all intensive purposes), 4 second hard stun, AoE mezz, and long duration stealth mezz dart. Pretty much the same.

Then there are tank spec jug/guardian. 3 second stun channel gone instant cast, 4 second single target stun, push, and AoE mezz just for good measure. So ya, there are a lot of setups in this game with pretty crazy CC as I am sure I am missing another stun broker or two.

I could go into that but...its a discussion for another thread topic, i may have gave off the wrong message about what i think the main problem is...not the stuns (although they can be a problem), just the rate at which resolve depletes is just bad....especially with every class packed with at least 2 stuns...

Edited by Clasmae

A full white bar does not mean anything, you still stay stunned. Everybody knows it. Nice try thought.

Edited by sauerkraut

First off, low slash is a mezz, not a stun, quite a difference between the two. And yes, I will agree that no other class/spec has a form of CC on such a short CD as low slash, but that's hardly a gamebreaking gigantic advantage or anything along those lines. It's a powerful move I won't lie, but it's only one part of our bag of tricks.

A full white bar does not mean anything, you still stay stunned. Everybody knows it. Nice try thought.

And what exactly is your point? I don't ever recall saying that you get your CC broken the moment you get whitebarred, so whatever point you think you're trying to make, you're not.

First off, low slash is a mezz, not a stun, quite a difference between the two. And yes, I will agree that no other class/spec has a form of CC on such a short CD as low slash, but that's hardly a gamebreaking gigantic advantage or anything along those lines. It's a powerful move I won't lie, but it's only one part of our bag of tricks.

Stun is GAME BRAKING and that's why you all try to convince everybody it's not, and that's why BW does not fix resolve because without this retarded amount of stun, most of you could not come out of spawn.