The best Tank gear you can buy?

Nebdar

Generally the classic comm vendors are the only ones that don't give you crap enhancements like Accuracy/Absorb. You can maybe scrounge together some tanking gear with gear from the Ultimate Comm vendor seeing as the high endurance 78 mods from what they sell are generally better than most 72 mods and a lot better than 69 mods. However, the enhancements in most of the Ultimate comm vendor gear are usually worthless.

Aside from that your best bet is getting Arkanian/Underworld/Dread Forged drops from Ops.

Edited by OMGITSJAD

If you have to upgrade with comms, the best option is to buy 7-9 oriconian boots and class-depending 2-9 belts/bracers. The boots are the cheapest shield/absorb enhancement-giving comm-purchasable items, and there are no defense giving ones.

Vanguards/Powertechs probably benefit the most from these enhancements, while second place is shadows and third is guardians who get the short end of the stick, needing to buy 7 boots and 9 belts/bracers cause of their defense dependencies. Use augments to fill up the last gaps in gear for optimisation - doing so ends up slightly above the underworld level with augments for optimisation.

But as everyone already pointed out, these enhancements are going to be inferior to what you get from Kel Dragon+ token drops, and with the earpiece/implant, just buy a crafted one with the prefix "Veracity", which is also as good as you're gonna get until Kel Dragon+ token drops.

Edited by TACeMossie

For elite, ultimate and basic comms.

The gear you get is more or less the same as for every class. At ultimate comm level, they are identical stat wise. All of em have absorb, except for belt / bracer which has defense.

Choose the class you like playing the most, and buy the gear when you get it. You *will* need to min-max it later, if you want to start running harder difficulty ops, but just for sm and fp's, the comm gear will suffice.

Generally the classic comm vendors are the only ones that don't give you crap enhancements like Accuracy/Absorb. You can maybe scrounge together some tanking gear with gear from the Ultimate Comm vendor seeing as the high endurance 78 mods from what they sell are generally better than most 72 mods and a lot better than 69 mods. However, the enhancements in most of the Ultimate comm vendor gear are usually worthless.

Aside from that your best bet is getting Arkanian/Underworld/Dread Forged drops from Ops.

Not want to nitpick and not sure if you thought the high endurance 78 is bad in compare with the high mitigation 72's.

78 = 94 + 18 = 112

72= 79 + 32 = 111

Meaning that the 78 comms enhancements are not bad at all. Have to check this number when im home tbh.

Anything besides absorb defense is very bad indeed

Not want to nitpick and not sure if you thought the high endurance 78 is bad in compare with the high mitigation 72's.

78 = 94 + 18 = 112

72= 79 + 32 = 111

Meaning that the 78 comms enhancements are not bad at all. Have to check this number when im home tbh.

Anything besides absorb defense is very bad indeed

Those numbers are incorrect.

The high endurance 78 enhancements the stats are 88+22=110

The mitigation stat budget is still lower than bis 72s

For 72 raid gear the 79+32=111 is correct.

By mods, I meant the actual mod, not the armor+mod+enhancement.

(72) Advanced Elusive Mod 31 +52 Endurance +57 Defense Rating

vs.

(78) Advanced Elusive Mod 34B +88 Endurance +55 Defense Rating

I don't gear for high endurance, but 36 more endurance for only losing 2 defense rating off the next best mod sounds like a good enough trade for me while gearing up.

Edited by OMGITSJAD

Those numbers are incorrect.

The high endurance 78 enhancements the stats are 88+22=110

The mitigation stat budget is still lower than bis 72s

For 72 raid gear the 79+32=111 is correct.

my bad, forgot to recheck my post when I was home. Indeed high endu enhancements have 1 mitigation point less.

However, if I remember correctly either dipstik or KBN stated that 1 mitigation = 25 endurence (approx). Since the high endurence enhancements have 94 endurence vs the 63 on underworld the 78 OC'ed should still be better or at least equal.

Depending on your playstyle and what your guilds needs you will either want to use 78 or 72. For a fresh 55 I would just forget about 72 and go straight into minmaxing with 78 stuff. Way easier to obtain imo.