Most balanced server?

MichiNeko

Hi all. I was wondering which servers have the best balance in GSF?

I normally play on the Shadowlands and, while it has improved a little bit, the faction imbalance there is pretty awful. I used to think I was a pretty decent pilot so I switched from usually flying on the rep side to imp side to do my part to help with balance. After a while, it has just gotten too frustrating to almost constantly be overmatched, and I'm so tired of facing all the gunship premades here.

I'd really just like a reccomendation for a server has good balance, doesn't have an overabundance of gunship pilots or premades, and doesn't have matches that make teammates curse and leave on a regular basis from frustration.

I'm just really hoping that there's someplace where GSF is still fun :(

Well I have played on most servers testing the waters.I'm here to tell ya there realy is no balance tat I am aware of anywhere. If you are take a bunch of baby ships out you can win but you have to have some serious cordanation.

If you are a good pilot and you want like minded pilots i'd say check out pot-5 it seems to have the best pilots on both side's you can win. the matches are hard for the imps but there is still a lot of new pilots comeing in on the pub side aswell just not as many newbs as imp has.It is going to be frustrating where ever you go do to all the folks running there mastered ships all the time and not hardly anything eles.

Now days when something new comes out you have folks that have been stock piling 200k in req just to insta master

the new ships as soon as they launch.I'm gulty of that one myself I did it with the bombers had mine mastered a few hours after it went live.I figure it will be the same when others come out.

This time I want to take the time to actually play the ship up so I haven't been saveing anything other then the fleet to buy both of them.

Most the good pub pilots also play imp on pot-5 which helps some so you get wins on both sides of the fence.

I have only played on my server but I like the state of GSF on the Harbinger.

It is a PvE server so there aren't a lot of premades on all the time. I enjoy playing on both sides. I've only have maybe 1 or 2 matches devolve into GS and bomber. Win/Loss ratio does favor the republic but it really depends on who is one and what side they are playing because most good players I see play both sides.

I fly Flashfire/Sting exclusively. My experience is weekends. I don't have time to play weekdays so I don't know how it is.

Edited by okiobe

IMO Bastion is very balanced. Most of the veteran players have both republic and imperial toons so they can swing to where the groups are needed. I am of course biased since I play on Bastion, but I love the GSF community here. Lots of aces, lots of new pilots. Frequent pops and a friendly player base, cant ask for much more than that. BTW if you do switch use /who for Red Mist Fighter Wing (Imperial) or Flying Circus (Republic) either of these GSF centric guilds would welcome a new player (we frequently train / answer questions)

Bastion balance is completely dependant on what side the "aces" are. If they're on their pubs, pubs will win most matches, if they're on Imp then imp wins, and no the "aces" do not switch sides to which ever is doing poorly they pick a side and roll the other side till they're done. Things seem to switch every once in a while as of late it's more pub victories and GS/Bomber matches are appearing more frequently. I'd say 1 in 5 matches can be close, on average though, one side gets rolled. As for friendly, I suppose we are, haven't seen much in the way of bashing except for one GS pilot.

That all said, I'd be happy to see more gsf players on both sides, water out the premade matches.

I've played on a bunch of servers, lyte is right (first time for everything, right?), Pot5, even with the heavy pub bias in the queue is the closest to balanced. If you want shorter queues, fly pub side, if you want more challenge, fly imp. While the imps have a good collection of pilots, it is rare for them all to be in the queues at the same time. You will end up flying vs. two or three groups in matches.

Join /pilot and get into groups for quicker queues both sides

Currently I'm only flying baby ships on both sides to master them all. Many of us are doing the same thing.

Bastion balance is completely dependant on what side the "aces" are. If they're on their pubs, pubs will win most matches, if they're on Imp then imp wins, and no the "aces" do not switch sides to which ever is doing poorly they pick a side and roll the other side till they're done. Things seem to switch every once in a while as of late it's more pub victories and GS/Bomber matches are appearing more frequently. I'd say 1 in 5 matches can be close, on average though, one side gets rolled. As for friendly, I suppose we are, haven't seen much in the way of bashing except for one GS pilot.

That all said, I'd be happy to see more gsf players on both sides, water out the premade matches.

During certain times of day one side or the other can be stacked, but it is not completely dependent on what the "aces" are doing.

There are enough veteran pilots around these days to fill competitive matches, especially during peak times. Even when I end up solo queuing there are other good pilots around who know how to work together, and we have managed to either beat or make a close game out of a matchup with a heavily stacked team.

There are new people unlocking / maxing ships every day, seeing a lot of new names even in just the last two weeks or so. As long as some of the good republic players keep queuing (like they have been lately) the Imperial side will continue to rise to the occasion, whoever might be playing on the other side. I find it balanced, but I think thats mostly because I add every good pilot I see to friends list and attempt to network (its probably 80 deep now, so there's almost always someone else online)

On the Harbinger (this is coming from someone who has only ever played GSF on a pub character) it seems like it really depends on when you participate: between 6pm and 7pm server and after 10pm server most GSF battles are pub vs imp. Any other time, its 90% pub vs pub.

Good que pops on Pot5. It can be rough when the pubs are running their premades but the empire stomps the republic a lot too. Of course, the close matches are the best. Pretty good community despite the negatives you might see here on the forums.

Come one down for some pew, pew, pew!!!

by far I would say the EU server Red Eclipse for balance in GSF.

I play on both factions off peak and peak times, and all my chars have a win/loss ratio in the region off 48-52%.

Same here. Red Eclipse, 700+ matches, both factions and on average it's 50% win ratio.

On Progenitor I play Rep only, the pops come quite fast (5 mins tops), but sadly Imps aren't exactly good. Seems like their best players quit or something. When it's rep v rep though, games are quite fun.

I'd really really vote for some balance tool, or motivation. Be it bolster, or 100% faster req gains on the obviously losing side...

If most Imp ships didn't look that hideous, balance might be better...

I also play on Pot-5, and on both sides (though not in any guilds and primarily solo). On my Pub toon I have a W/L percentage of about 60% (or thereabouts, haven't looked lately). Imp side, 40%. There are usually 3-5 times as many people logged into the Pilot chat channel on Pub side, which says something.

As far as side-switching, it's a lot like what Vulta says happens on his server. The best Pub pilots (Black Squadron guild and a few others) fly together, use VOIP, stomp Imps and then switch to Imp side and do the same thing to the then-depleted Pubs. I'm not blaming them for this; it just is what it is. Only rarely have I seen Black Squad players on their Imp toons flying against other Black Squad players on their Pub toons. And they seem to spend most of their time on Pub side, only coming over to Imp side to get the daily in. Of course I'm generalizing and there are exceptions, but that's basically how it seems to go. Certainly there are more dedicated veteran pilots who play Pub-side regularly.

I will say that later at night (after 10-11 pm Central time) Imperials seem to win a lot more, and Pub teams seem to have a lot more newbs.

Personally, with the sadly low level of participation in GSF vs server population, cross-server GSF queues seem like an inevitability. Although I do enjoy seeing the same folks over and over again....

Edited by BobBudJones

During certain times of day one side or the other can be stacked, but it is not completely dependent on what the "aces" are doing.

There are enough veteran pilots around these days to fill competitive matches, especially during peak times. Even when I end up solo queuing there are other good pilots around who know how to work together, and we have managed to either beat or make a close game out of a matchup with a heavily stacked team.

There are new people unlocking / maxing ships every day, seeing a lot of new names even in just the last two weeks or so. As long as some of the good republic players keep queuing (like they have been lately) the Imperial side will continue to rise to the occasion, whoever might be playing on the other side. I find it balanced, but I think thats mostly because I add every good pilot I see to friends list and attempt to network (its probably 80 deep now, so there's almost always someone else online)

You are right it's not completely dependent on the "aces", probably shouldn't use that term as there aren't many I'd call Ace. Can't say much about peak time I seem to never play when it's that time.

Truth be told I don't care much for the pub side, and there are very few Pub players I actually consider good, seems most of them these days go for the easiest or *****iest tactics to win. We Imps do it as well, I personally make an effort to avoid taking that route and I rarely go into premade, means more losses and deaths but eh.

Most of the new veterans on both sides are just bomber or GS users, and plenty of matches devolve into that. As for close matches they do happen, but it's not the norm at least not for myself.

As for new names, I've seen plenty, I don't know how long they last on either side as they tend to get killed a ton. Had a match yesterday where the pub side was full new players and one imp decided to pull out their GS and started blasting them all outta the sky one shot because they wanted points -_- granted those pubs redefined noob for me as I restricted myself to blasters and was still blowing them up without problems.

Also as you stated you find it more balanced because you group up. Grouping up usually improves things, hell it prioritizes and makes ques go faster.

There are usually 3-5 times as many people logged into the Pilot chat channel on Pub side, which says something.

All I play is GSF and I've never signed on to that chat channel so I doubt it's a good measures.

I will say that later at night (after 10-11 pm Central time) Imperials seem to win a lot more, and Pub teams seem to have a lot more newbs.

That's my experience. I play late Pacific Time.

Well as of late I've been playing my imp toon more and more and Black squad is made up of good friends that enjoy playing which is great because we do end up fighting ourselves a lot more then you would think.

We get a lot of pub on pub action which is fine I don't mind . We just enjoy the hard fights those easy give me fights with new pilots comeing in we usually try to let them have 1-2 points though out the match but some of the other pub newbs take it upon them selves to let there peon show how big they are at times which I dont agree with .I honestly feel like if we don't give them a chance to learn te game and get some upgrades on there ships then we wont have a population base to play with .

Look at all the negativeity in gen chat when you pop onto a difrent server and try to get people into it which we do on a regular bases.

most of us play all over the servers but pot-5 is our home because it has the best matches on both side's.

We do group a lot even run 8 people in a ops style at times but when we do that we end up fighting ourselves 70% of the time.If we get a pop and the other group don't we still take it and we never ever ever back out of a match because there is a premade in it on the other side and we know it is going to be hard.

We also que up solo and in duo's we have around 10-13 pilots and friends on at various times and anyone who has flown with us or does . Know we do try to give newbies a chance and we do fly for the fun of it.

Edited by Lytewraith
misspell

my current tactic on unbalanced matches is to fly right into the center of the noobswarm and fly in circles my frist spawn. Then after, I'll pick a GS or bomber and use it like a scout. It is super rare I actually get into my nova/blackbolt these days.

Hi all. I was wondering which servers have the best balance in GSF?

I normally play on the Shadowlands and, while it has improved a little bit, the faction imbalance there is pretty awful. I used to think I was a pretty decent pilot so I switched from usually flying on the rep side to imp side to do my part to help with balance. After a while, it has just gotten too frustrating to almost constantly be overmatched, and I'm so tired of facing all the gunship premades here.

I'd really just like a reccomendation for a server has good balance, doesn't have an overabundance of gunship pilots or premades, and doesn't have matches that make teammates curse and leave on a regular basis from frustration.

I'm just really hoping that there's someplace where GSF is still fun :(

Well, judging by the posts from others, what you're describing is similar on other servers. Heck, I play on the Shadowlands as well and it's common for me to see large gunship teams on both sides. Even though I have a 60% win record on the two characters I most fly with, I've had plenty of close matches or complete mismatches flying pub side.

It's your game time, of course, but I figure flying as well as you can where you're at is the best way to make things better there. I know I'd like to fly with or against you. Always good to see other players in the mood for a good match--especially if they don't want to go for the FOTM Gunship/Bomber mixup.