The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Zabrak Appearance Options Pack

Seems like a simple-enough suggestion. Like what was done with Human hair, Human white eyes, Chiss appearances, and Mirialan tattoos, why not do one for Zabraks, both Imperial and Republic? Would be kinda cool to see what new tattoo designs and horn/horn-hair arrangements the creative team would come up with. I myself play as a Zab, on 4 out of 5 characters, so if this suggestion were to be taken seriously, I'd be one of the first to buy it up on the Cartel Market, plus I'm pretty sure that there's a demand outside of just myself.

I'd definitely be interested in long hair options for Zabraks (along the lines of Eeth Koth, Agen Kolar, and Wolf Sazen), as well as some interesting topknots (like the one worn by Sugi). To be honest, right now, the biggest thing keeping me from playing Zabraks is their awful selection of hairstyles - particularly, for males.

To be honest, right now, the biggest thing keeping me from playing Zabraks is their awful selection of hairstyles - particularly, for males.

Same here. I have characters of various races but can't seem to make a Zabrak I want to play. The male hair mostly looks awful to me, and the female hair selection, while slightly better IMHO, pales in comparison to all of the other races (with hair) aside from the Cathar. Like the Cathar, Zabrak options -- for hair especially -- are rather limited. I'd love to see more. :)

Humans certainly are the most popular race, but I think the rest need some customization love too. Neglecting the other races will just make them fall even farther behind in popularity.

Exactly. Humans are the most popular because... well, Twileks have about three different faces with the other variations made up of tiny shifts in their cheekbones and jaws, and lekku that sadly resemble dead limp windsocks, Zabrak and Cathar have mostly vile hair, Chiss and Miralian don't have nearly enough face or skin colour combinations, Sith have only one *face* with the alleged face slider merely tweaking facial "kibble", again, a lack of skin colour variables and only human hair which has only a few styles that even remotely suit the Sith aesthetic, Ratataki, again, lack the range of variables to be distinctive, and Miraluka desperately need better veils, an unveiled option, and more hair.

• 3 months later...
Some more hair options that don't look horrible- preferably for themselves and Cathar.

This to infinity. Both my Zab Sin and my Cathar merc are only used to craft due to how much I hate/loathe/despise the lack of appealing customization options for them.

Someone save us from Biowares uglyhairitsis syndrome. They have suffered from it in every game of theirs I have played :(

I could care less if new hair caused clipping issues with the horns. Seeing how little bioware cares about capes clipping down through mounts this shouldn't be a reason for them to say "Oh we won't add to zabs because, clipping!"

Edited by XiamaraSimi

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
Still hoping for this!

So am I. they better separate the hair from head bones. I want to change my Shadow's hairstyle but want to keep the headbone formation. Whoever thought it was a good idea to tie the two together is a moron.

I hate that the more neutral skin tones are limited to the blunt "cow horn" style of the pub Zabraks. I wanted to make a Jedi Zabrak with tan skin, pointy horns, and short hair. I ended up having to buy the legacy unlock, go for the lightest skin tone I could find on the imp species option, and pick the mohawk. Because everything else was terrible and I really wanted him to have hair. (Actually, first I made one using one of the other hair options, played to level 7, decided I hated it, and rerolled)

More tattoo options would be amazing, and I would love all the skin tones to be available for both sides, but what we really need are better hair options. Please, they're atrocious. :(

• 2 weeks later...
So am I. they better separate the hair from head bones. I want to change my Shadow's hairstyle but want to keep the headbone formation. Whoever thought it was a good idea to tie the two together is a moron.

In other SW games, there was one part for selecting the hairstyle, and a separate one for selecting the horn arrangement for Zabrak characters. Sometimes with variations of the hairstyles to accommodate different horn arrangements in the character creation process.

• 1 year later...
Some complexion that gives them eyebrows. I can't make a zabrak because they dont have them :D

This. Why have they not given Zabrak's eyebrows? Seems so silly. Regardless, Zabrak and a few of the other races could do with more customization.

I think it's also the fact that most of the male hairstyles have no fringes either, just tufts that poke out behind the horns. Some of the female styles blend hair and horns together quite nicely. Wonder if this will become a future update. :)

I hate that the more neutral skin tones are limited to the blunt "cow horn" style of the pub Zabraks. I wanted to make a Jedi Zabrak with tan skin, pointy horns, and short hair.

There's a known bug where the Sith class Imperial Zabraks (pointy horns) have a white skin tone, but the same class has that one missing on any other class (the 4 Republic classes + IA and BH). My Jedi is wearing a the lightest available one + DS corruption to lighten her skin tone, but it'd be nice to have that bug fixed. I'd even settle for the light skintone being available in this appearance options pack.

It would also be nice to have the darker tan or brown skin tones from the Republic-side Zabraks available with the bolder Imperial style tattoos - imagine black tattoo on tan skin, vs the Republic brown tattoos on brown (can lose tattoo detail if the skin is too dark). My ideal Zabrak species redesign would be:

a.) decouple horn patterns from hair so they're 2 sliders

b.) have both spiky and blunted horn styles available on the horn slider (so the slider would have, say, 30 options; 15 spiky and 15 blunted)

c.) have some of the other hair options from humans, Mirialans, Chiss, Purebloods, etc become available on the hair slider

d.) expand the skin tone slider to include the pink/copper/reds from Imperial Zabrak, and the white/tan/brown from Republic Zabrak; in addition, add yellowish and greenish skin tones

e.) adds additional eye colors (purple, bright yellow, the pretty red Mirialans get), AND keeps both the bloodshot option from Imp Zabrak and non-bloodshot option from Republic Zabrak

f.) merges the tattoo options from Imperial and Republic Zabraks onto a single slider, AND adds at least 6 new tattoos (3 in each style)

This is probably an overly-complicated redesign, but it seems silly to have the 2 Zabrak types and not be able to mix-and-match. What if I want the blunted horns, tan Republic skin tone, Imperial tattoos, and a new hair? I would easily pay the standard 600 CCs for a race unlock to acquire the redesigned unified Zabrak.