Thank you bw for player housing! Omg!

Dawginole

Hate to agree with the PvP guy (Dont play much PvP and i see only a small draw, in it), but at least new warzones with improved gameplay, would add something meaningful assessable content for somebody, other than just additional income for EA.

I would retract this statement, if i had even the slightest doubt the CM wont exploit PH.

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you Bioware for adding something for the player who has fun ascribing meaning to in-game interactions that are not exclusively combat-based. I'm struck by the enmity that some are showing for a feature that is so easily ignored by those who aren't interested in it, and I'm glad they get to eat crow for once, instead of being validated by design choices.

The more variety of activities, the more longevity the game will have.

Thank you Bioware for adding something for the player who has fun ascribing meaning to in-game interactions that are not exclusively combat-based. I'm struck by the enmity that some are showing for a feature that is so easily ignored by those who aren't interested in it, and I'm glad they get to eat crow for once, instead of being validated by design choices.

Well said, Matt! :)

Because, ultimately, the time and money spent developing that could have been spent developing something that they wanted. Even if the same group of people working on the housing would not be the people who could do something like a Warzone or Class Storyline, that is money for payroll that could have gone to people who could do that kind of thing. So even when a game had different teams for different content, in the end, producing whatever specific content is produced means that something else was cut out because of the limited time and resources a developer has.

Wait wait wait... WHAT?!?! :eek: I wanna little house on Tython and Tatooine yay! :o

I was planning on investing in some land on Alderaan, but was told that land values will probably bottom out there some time in the future, so thought better of the idea.

Edited by TravelersWay

Why can't people just be happy that other people got a bone thrown their way? Does the world revolve around you? I don't ***** and complain every time bioware implements something I don't like. If were Bioware to continue to release content I don't care for, I would unsub, not harass people who actually want the implemented content out of spite.

Now while don't particularly care for the player housing, I will be taking my new huttball map, new GSF maps and 2 flashpoints, in the meantime leveling the last 3 of the 8 class left on pub-side.

Edited by Nickious

Why can't people just be happy that other people got a bone thrown their way? Does the world revolve around you? I don't ***** and complain every time bioware implements something I don't like. If were Bioware to continue to release content I don't care for, I would unsub, not harass people who actually want the implemented content out of spite.

Now while don't particularly care for the player housing, I will be taking my new huttball map, new GSF maps and 2 flashpoints, in the meantime leveling the last 3 of the 8 class left on pub-side.

This. I just resubbed yesterday after hearing about the plans for housing.

Nice, fix KDY lag? no, give us dyes in collections? no, give us something we already have? hell yes, other than show off armour and weapons what is the point, the ship does everything you need.

Pretty sure they announced that they're fixing KDY lag in the next patch (2.6.2?).

This. I just resubbed yesterday after hearing about the plans for housing.

Why? If you didn't like the game enough to sub, why pay money to stand in your characters house? Is that fun? I'm genuinely curious

Edited by AGSThomas

Nice, fix KDY lag? no, give us dyes in collections? no, give us something we already have? hell yes, other than show off armour and weapons what is the point, the ship does everything you need.

...says a person who has no idea yet how this will be implemented and what features will come with it. :rolleyes:

Why? If you didn't like the game enough to sub, why pay money to stand in your characters house? Is that fun? I'm genuinely curious

Because I wasn't for the direction it seemed Bioware was taking the game. The repetition of endgame with little to do outside of what WoW made standard - raids and battlegrounds. I've been gone for almost a year now, but the new PVP mode and housing seems to be shaking up the strict formula the game was stuck in before. Enough to earn my sub at least.

I have a few more storylines to finish up with a friend in coop until then.

Edited by odericko

Yeeeeeeeeeahaaaa..... Housing is coming!!! Excellent! It would be cool.... if there could be a "Legacy Storage" inside.....

BTW: I dont care about GSF .... (All modern Airplanes will be controlled ba a Sidestick and not by Keyboard..... ) I dont care about "Content Recycling" NiM OP crap.... And i really dont care about PvP.... (reading the PvP channel is one reason for ... *cough* not to play this. QQ [CENSORED] *beep* *beep* *beep* ... this i really dont need in a game...)

So give me a excellent made housing area and all will be fine :D:eek::cool:

Because I wasn't for the direction it seemed Bioware was taking the game. The repetition of endgame with little to do outside of what WoW made standard - raids and battlegrounds. I've been gone for almost a year now, but the new PVP mode and housing seems to be shaking up the strict formula the game was stuck in before. Enough to earn my sub at least.

I have a few more storylines to finish up with a friend in coop until then.

Except for what has been seen on the roadmap, the repetition of endgame seems to still be the direction they are heading. They are just taking a couple of little sidetrips at the moment.

Except for what has been seen on the roadmap, the repetition of endgame seems to still be the direction they are heading. They are just taking a couple of little sidetrips at the moment.

Except the housing and new PVP mode.

Which doesn't change the overall direction of the game - merely deflects attention away from the "standard business as usual" which is why you claimed to have quit in the first place.

Except I never said I wanted the overall direction of the game to be changed. Just some alternate activities to break up the same old, as when I quit there was literally nothing to do outside of questing/flashpoints/OPs and crafting outside of the events that come around monthly. Are you arguing over an opinion? If I feel the new PVP mode (which I'm liking, just started it a few nights ago) and housing are enough to warrant my subscription, why do you feel the need to try and discredit it? It's a lose/lose battle, mate.

Gotta love the official forums.

Edited by odericko

Except I didn't want the overall direction of the game to be changed. Just some alternate activities to break up the same old. Are you arguing over an opinion? If I feel the new PVP mode (which I'm liking, just started it a few nights ago) and housing are enough to warrant my subscription, why do you feel the need to try and discredit it? It's a lose/lose battle, mate.

Gotta love the official forums.

Nope, just trying to understand your reasoning a little bit more. Heck your money is just as good as the next guy's so I really don't care why you resubbed. But when you make statements that equate you to quitting previously because of the direction the game was heading, and the current plans really don't change that all that much (the game is still going to be about Raids and Battlegrounds), it seems a little strange.

Nope, just trying to understand your reasoning a little bit more. Heck your money is just as good as the next guy's so I really don't care why you resubbed. But when you make statements that equate you to quitting previously because of the direction the game was heading, and the current plans really don't change that all that much (the game is still going to be about Raids and Battlegrounds), it seems a little strange.

Wait, what's strange of quitting for nothing to do besides the same old same old but returning when a new PVP mode is added and housing is announced?

If anything is strange it's you not understanding. :rak_02:

Edited by odericko

Wait, what's strange of quitting for nothing to do besides the same old same old but returning when a new PVP mode is added and housing is announced?

If anything is strange it's you not understanding. :rak_02:

Because it ultimately changes nothing about the same old same old. New PvP mode is going to be just as repetitive as all the other modes. Adding housing changes nothing else about the core mechanics of the game. In the end, housing will be new and shiney, but once that wears off and all the customizing is done, you are left back where you started.

Again, if someone wants to pay $15/month (or whatever CC costs housing will contain) to just to play interior designer, then it's all well and good as it continues to fund the game. But when I look at it, just playing a game for one limited aspect doesn't make a whole lot of sense - there are better and cheaper ways of playing interior designer without having to pay for 95% of a game you no longer want to play because its the "same old same old."

I'm cancelling my subscription. Though I'm happy they're bringing player housing for people, I spend only about an hour a week in game now because there is nothing for me to do. I don't PvP and I don't raid. I RP only. I would have much rather they put the investment in class stories. Others might disagree but planet quests are not the same thing and player progression is stifled. There is nothing to do end game if you don't PvP or raid.

For me the housing is way more important than WZs and PvP in general.

Therefore you opinion is absolutely invalid. My opinion > your opinion.

GREAT REPLY!

The PvP crowd is never happy unless only PvP stuff is added, then they complain about class balance or animations. All they do it ruin games with their constant rants and needs IMO. I am not just talking about MMO's either. So many games lack content that would benefit EVERYONE to make room for more and more PvP. Of course they are going to hate housing.... than again, maybe they should make housing competitions so they can try to out build each other and have their bragging rights. :p

Edited by Themanthatisi

I'm cancelling my subscription. Though I'm happy they're bringing player housing for people, I spend only about an hour a week in game now because there is nothing for me to do. I don't PvP and I don't raid. I RP only. I would have much rather they put the investment in class stories. Others might disagree but planet quests are not the same thing and player progression is stifled. There is nothing to do end game if you don't PvP or raid.

This is why my wife and I have long breaks, the last one was 7 months and only been back 3 weeks so far... We do raid at times, but overall you are correct. We came back to a dead guild anyway and would have to rebuild it for raids, and to be honest, tjhats too much effort, so we are leveling again... We are both drooling over housing though. :)

something to do, that does not including fighting was so needed in this game and we have something now.... This is really great news!

Because it ultimately changes nothing about the same old same old. New PvP mode is going to be just as repetitive as all the other modes. Adding housing changes nothing else about the core mechanics of the game. In the end, housing will be new and shiney, but once that wears off and all the customizing is done, you are left back where you started.

Again, if someone wants to pay $15/month (or whatever CC costs housing will contain) to just to play interior designer, then it's all well and good as it continues to fund the game. But when I look at it, just playing a game for one limited aspect doesn't make a whole lot of sense - there are better and cheaper ways of playing interior designer without having to pay for 95% of a game you no longer want to play because its the "same old same old."

And there ya go again making assumptions. If I wanted only interior designer I'd go play The Sims. I'm liking the housing aspect on top of a game I already like. I like SWTOR, it's why I played it for over a year without taking a single break, but like I said before - the lack of diverse content whittled my interest down. And that's the point of the new PVP mode and housing, giving me something to do outside of OPs and flashpoints. Of course it's gonna get old eventually, every game does. But a game offering more than just a set track of progression, even if it's not part of core game, will keep me from getting so burned out on it.

Should stop replying here. Dunno why I have to defend my opinion, but I have to remember this is the SWTOR official forums. Guess some things never change.

Edited by odericko