Thank you bw for player housing! Omg!

Dawginole

GREAT REPLY!

The PvP crowd is never happy unless only PvP stuff is added, then they complain about class balance or animations. All they do it ruin games with their constant rants and needs IMO. I am not just talking about MMO's either. So many games lack content that would benefit EVERYONE to make room for more and more PvP. Of course they are going to hate housing.... than again, maybe they should make housing competitions so they can try to out build each other and have their bragging rights. :p

I have a feeling this is not going to be a 'building' system but more of a decorating system. I would love to see a building game like Rift's dimensions or EQ Landmark. I actively play Rift and love their housing system. It allows for complete freedom to do anything you want. Come on Bioware, make this a building game and not some boring system where you simply place pre-formed objects in a pre-formed house. I want to build the house (and them sell them too!)

Here's an example of the kind of freedom I would like to see in SWTOR's housing system. This is a castle I built in Rift. http://forums.riftgame.com/game-discussions/dimensions/413322-part-i-great-castle-ashlaryn.html

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry mate, I'm a little bit older than that - I'm from the generation that created the CRPG. I bought, played, and enjoy this game because of the storylines and the action. If I wanted to sit around staring at a painting on a wall ... well, I can do that just as well in my Real Life house (you do know what that is, right?), and get more enjoyment out of that. Again, I know housing seems to be a popular feature for the kiddies who don't know how to actually play video games, and this is a nice nod to them. But this isn't what this game is about, nor the reason a lot of people bought it, nor was it a leader for requested features (the extension of class storylines were).

If you are as old as you claim, maybe you should act with a little more maturity than this post shows.

OMG! OH EM GEE! It's taken over a year and a half to get an objectives map in WZ's but thank god you guys were putting development time into creating player housing. *** would we do without that!

Bring on the opiners who praise all that is good and worthy in this "FTP" nickle and dime decoration simulator... :rolleyes:

I couldn't care less about player housing....but I don't PVP so I couldn't care less about your WZ concerns either. Guess what....the game isn't catered to your personal taste or mine. They have to spread the love around and every single thing released in this game isn't going to be only for one particular player group or one particular aspect of the game.

GREAT REPLY!

The PvP crowd is never happy unless only PvP stuff is added, then they complain about class balance or animations. All they do it ruin games with their constant rants and needs IMO. I am not just talking about MMO's either. So many games lack content that would benefit EVERYONE to make room for more and more PvP. Of course they are going to hate housing.... than again, maybe they should make housing competitions so they can try to out build each other and have their bragging rights. :p

Your argument is now invalid because Im a hardcore-competitive pvp'er and I love this addition to housing because I'm addicted to cosmetics. However in this game it'll most likely be underwhelming and tank because of the prealpha engine and due to the nickel and diming brought by the CM.

Come on man, that is EPIC gameplay stuff there! That's what gets all the gaming news outlets up in a frenzy to report:

"Hey everyone ... you know that great big battle in Eve that cost players thousands of real life dollars? Well, in today's news, we got something that completely blows that out of the water! A Jedi Knight named XxFlukeHighwalker742xX just hung a fuzzy painting of what may look like a Rancor on the wall of his home in one of the high rises of Coruscant! This is what makes our great hobby of PC gaming so epically great! As a matter of fact, we're going to the 24/7 livestream now - and will be in continuing coverage since we don't want to miss the possibility of XxFlukeHighwalker742xX placing a trophy he bought in the Cartel Market next to his sofa (which he still can't sit in)!"

Any action or feature of the game could be reduced to an explanation like this. Oh look you just spent four hours sitting in your computer chair to get a title that you can display over your doll's head. Anything in the game is only good and entertaining if you can assign value and meaning to it. That includes the actions of your pre-scripted limited choice animated dialogues.

Edited by mattgyver

OMG! OH EM GEE! It's taken over a year and a half to get an objectives map in WZ's but thank god you guys were putting development time into creating player housing. *** would we do without that!

Bring on the opiners who praise all that is good and worthy in this "FTP" nickle and dime decoration simulator... :rolleyes:

Well, that escalated quickly.

Do we forget that in the BW apartment that designes SWTOR have different teams working on different contents? So you are thinking that when BW brings out a New PVE or Star fight patch out, they completely stopped working on pvp?

Do you in General think that BW is only a group of 10 guys working on 1 thing at a time? if thats so start the ranting again because i got news for you buddy, they are working on Dragon Age III as well...

in all seriousness, just hold your horses just because they introduced housing doesnt mean pvp is being held back, you have different teams working on different parts, and they all take turn in which one to bring out first. If pvp just had its turn, then either PVE or a RP part is up next. Djeez.. most im-a-pvp-only-type-of-guy love to rant as soon as anything else is being released but pvp..

Nice, fix KDY lag? no, give us dyes in collections? no, give us something we already have? hell yes, other than show off armour and weapons what is the point, the ship does everything you need.

This is precisely my frustration. The ship is player housing. The absolutely only reason player housing is being created is because they can implement the CM into it in some way that they could not go back and do for player ships. Dev time was spent on this because it is a cash grab.

As for this being a bone thrown to RP's? Yawn.... You want to role play? Then you would be living on your ship out adventuring. Not setting up a "sweet pad" with a picket fence and a dog. Give me a break... Not to mention RP's get content every month in the form of new CM equipment and weapons, and you got the character customization stations. PvP has gotten 2 new warzones in over 2 years.

GREAT REPLY!

This post was a total waste of your time. You typed an entire paragraph talking about how you believe content is being put on hold to put in "more and more PvP" but PvP has had 2 objective map additions in over 2 years and it's been over a year since the last objective PvP addition. The PvP crowd has complained because the WZ system in this game is one of the best combat sims out there and yet it has been totally ignored and never had a chance to really flourish and the amount of PvE content that has been released since launch dwarfs PvP content. So your belief that PvP is getting all this content and ruining the game is asinine.

Further, housing does not beneft everyone as you seem to think. I will never spend any time in housing. If you want to decorate a room, buy a Barbie simulator. This is a combat based, story driven, action mmorpg.

Well, that escalated quickly.

Do we forget that in the BW apartment that designes SWTOR have different teams working on different contents? So you are thinking that when BW brings out a New PVE or Star fight patch out, they completely stopped working on pvp?

Do you in General think that BW is only a group of 10 guys working on 1 thing at a time? if thats so start the ranting again because i got news for you buddy, they are working on Dragon Age III as well...

in all seriousness, just hold your horses just because they introduced housing doesnt mean pvp is being held back, you have different teams working on different parts, and they all take turn in which one to bring out first. If pvp just had its turn, then either PVE or a RP part is up next. Djeez.. most im-a-pvp-only-type-of-guy love to rant as soon as anything else is being released but pvp..

PvP is held back because there is basically one guy working on it. It is the same guy that manages all combat and balancing in the game. This has been stated by the dev.

And yes, when one team is working on something it affects other aspects of the game. This is the case with any large business. BW has limited resources and has to prioritize any content they are producing. If you have 5 teams and 10 ideas, then 5 are left on the shelf. If you have 20 teams and 30 ideas, 10 are left on the shelf.