Galactic Trade Network

EurythmyX

Hi, I am a subscriber newbie (lvl 4). I am wnodering how I can get into Galactic Trade Network? I do not see the option for entering GTN anywhere.

I ask this, because I intend to sell some package or so on GTN so as to obtain Credits. I already have enough Cartel Coins, so, by buying (from Cartel Market) & selling some package at GTN I could get get credits say 300K which I can use for instance to purchase the necessary tools for improving my armour (kw-6 modules are the best, I read)).

Can anyone tell me? thks.

(btw: I love this game, all I have seen sofar is real great!)

You need to reach level 20? on your first character so you can set up your "Legacy." The legacy gives you a last name or family name, and a few benefits that will apply to all your characters on that server. You can unlock these benefits by leveling up your legacy and spending in-game credits, or by buying the unlocks from the GTN or from the cartel market directly.

The "GTN access from your ship" unlock is one of these; accessed from the Legacy interface.

There is a Galactic Trade Market area on your faction's home planet (you get there after you "finish" your starting planet missions) and also there are Galactic Trade Network kiosks on your factions fleet once you get there at around level 10 ( just click on your map on fleet and you will see a section that says Galactic Trade Market (its in the bottom left of fleet map on the Imperial side)

You need to reach level 20? on your first character so you can set up your "Legacy."
No level required to start your Legacy. Just need to complete your class story on the starter planet with one character. This usually happens around level 10. Can be as low as level 9 or 8 when you do it, though you likely won't be this low if you're new to the game and picking up all the side missions along the way. Definitely don't need to be 20 for it.

Have to call it out, as no one else did. Might be too late though....

300k isn't that big an amount and buying things with real money to get some in game money, that you'll burn through really quick the higher level you get, is just well.... A waste of money:o

In all honesty: get some gear that you like from the cartel market, sell the stuff you don't want or like. But don't sweat too much about credits this early on, if you really do want a stable way to make credits grab slicing as a crew skill, treasure hunting works well enough too.

Bottom line though disregard this message if you disagree, I'm just some random guy on the intrewebz telling you what to do ;) the F*** do I know?:D

• 2 weeks later...
There'll also be GTN kiosk on your capital planets (Dromand Kass & Corusuant)

I now have now level 15 (subscriber as from the start), but neither the GTN's at fleet 'show' me anything I can buy: in fact the GTN's show empty displays (kiosks). I have a mission still to do: "item modification"...but...then they ask the modules for armour KW-1 (or higher) which I have to buy first at the kiosk...but the kiosk do not show me anything I can buy. So, my problem is I cannot upgrade armor...since I seem not to be able to buy anything at the kiosks. I am kind of stuck here, I do not know how to proceed in the game without improved armour?:confused:

Can someone tell me what I should do?

Edited by EurythmyX
typing error

I now have now level 15 (subscriber as from the start), but neither the GTN's at fleet 'show' me anything I can buy: in fact the GTN's show empty displays (kiosks). I have a mission still to do: "item modification"...but...then they ask the modules for armour KW-1 (or higher) which I have to buy first at the kiosk...but the kiosk do not show me anything I can buy. So, my problem is I cannot upgrade armor...since I seem not to be able to buy anything at the kiosks. I am kind of stuck here, I do not know how to proceed in the game without improved armour?:confused:

Can someone tell me what I should do?

Go back to your starter planet and finish the Item Modification quest. That should be your first priority. GTN kiosk is not ever used for upgrading your armor, other than actually purchasing the stuff from other players. You upgrade your armor by ctrl-rt clicking on it (or is it left-click?), but the quest you left unfinished on your starter planet will explain that.

Go back to your starter planet and finish the Item Modification quest. That should be your first priority. GTN kiosk is not ever used for upgrading your armor, other than actually purchasing the stuff from other players. You upgrade your armor by ctrl-rt clicking on it (or is it left-click?), but the quest you left unfinished on your starter planet will explain that.

Sorry, but your answer does not help me in any way: I was able to purchase an "augmentation slot MK-1"...had to "wait 9 hours" (what for? I have ships?! Why wait 9 hours for Emergency Fleet Pass to activate???) to go back to Tithon to "finish"my "item modification mission". So, when a came there the device accepted my "Augmentation slot MK-1"...but...but...it went right on asking me for "augmentation slot MK-2"??? (...but I cannot even purchase such on Tithon since I now have to wait another 9 hours for my Emergency Fleet Pass to activate!!! to travel to Curazon GTN!).

When I do other missions (without improved armour) I only have 2090 armour whereas even my Padawan has already some 3000 armour??? Each Sith I encounter beats my *** since those Siths have 4500 armour on level 15!! (my level = 16...but having no armour...well...I tried very many times but keep loosing...this is realy irritating!!)

Those "Augmentation slots MK-1 or higher"+ the fact that I have to wait 9 hours for going to some planet to finish a mission (in this case the item modification..which I obviously CANNOT EVER finish!)...such makes me realy depressed playing at all. Look, I have lots RL-money...& willing to spend whatever I need to play an entertyaining game (look at my transactions)...subscribed for many months...bought enough packages & Cartel coins etc. etc.....but all this leaves me with armour which I cannot upgrade??? and having to wait 9 hours when wanting to go back to some other planet? Why is that: I thought I could use my ships to fly from planet to planet without even having to use my "emergency Fleet pass to activate after 9 hours???

Look, I realy opine SWTOR is an excellent & very entertaining game to play(!!)...imo even one of the very best MMORPG presently available...that still is my opinion. But the "modification quest" whichn I seemingly CANNOT finish realy frustrates me.

So, is there anyone who can give me a good/helping advise how to proceed from here?

To complete your Tython item modification mission go back to Tython. Go to the item modification station (near the medical droid station across from the Jedi Temple, IIRC). Click the lore object next to the item modification station. That completes that mission. This information should be in the details of the mission. When uncertain about what to do to complete a mission, check your mission log. Click the mission, and there will be an explanation of what needs to be done.

To get back to Tython, use your ship (if you have it) or catch the Tython shuttle from Fleet.

The Emergency Fleet Pass has a 9 hour cool down. The Emergency Fleet Pass is not connected to any mission. You use that Fleet Pass whenever you want to travel directly to Fleet. Once used, the Emergency Fleet Pass goes into the 9 hour cooldown. You can lower the cooldown time by purchasing unlocks through your Legacy.

Edited by Nmyownworld

Sorry, but your answer does not help me in any way: I was able to purchase an "augmentation slot MK-1"...had to "wait 9 hours" (what for? I have ships?! Why wait 9 hours for Emergency Fleet Pass to activate???) to go back to Tithon to "finish"my "item modification mission". So, when a came there the device accepted my "Augmentation slot MK-1"...but...but...it went right on asking me for "augmentation slot MK-2"??? (...but I cannot even purchase such on Tithon since I now have to wait another 9 hours for my Emergency Fleet Pass to activate!!! to travel to Curazon GTN!).

When I do other missions (without improved armour) I only have 2090 armour whereas even my Padawan has already some 3000 armour??? Each Sith I encounter beats my *** since those Siths have 4500 armour on level 15!! (my level = 16...but having no armour...well...I tried very many times but keep loosing...this is realy irritating!!)

Those "Augmentation slots MK-1 or higher"+ the fact that I have to wait 9 hours for going to some planet to finish a mission (in this case the item modification..which I obviously CANNOT EVER finish!)...such makes me realy depressed playing at all. Look, I have lots RL-money...& willing to spend whatever I need to play an entertyaining game (look at my transactions)...subscribed for many months...bought enough packages & Cartel coins etc. etc.....but all this leaves me with armour which I cannot upgrade??? and having to wait 9 hours when wanting to go back to some other planet? Why is that: I thought I could use my ships to fly from planet to planet without even having to use my "emergency Fleet pass to activate after 9 hours???

Look, I realy opine SWTOR is an excellent & very entertaining game to play(!!)...imo even one of the very best MMORPG presently available...that still is my opinion. But the "modification quest" whichn I seemingly CANNOT finish realy frustrates me.

So, is there anyone who can give me a good/helping advise how to proceed from here?

Let's try and clarify.

As mentioned, the 9 hour limit is for using the Emergency Fleet Pass. This is a convenience tool to get to Fleet from anywhere, but it is by no means the only way to get there:

- There are shuttles from Tython and Coruscant to Fleet, and from Fleet to both planets. You can take them at any time.

- Once you finish your story missions on Coruscant you will get your ship. You can go anywhere with it, anytime.

Augmentation slots are one of the ways to improve your armor, but they are the least important way at low levels. I advise you to ignore them by now.

Every piece of armor or weapon that you can use has several stats. If you are a Jedi Kinght, the most important stat is Strength, way more than armor. Focus on that. Your Padawan Kira Carsen uses Willpower, give pieces with Willpower to her.

If you have a modifiable piece of gear (armor or weapon), usually orange colored, you can put "mods" in it that will improve their stats. The Modification Station mission teaches you that, read carefully the text. There are several classes of mods:

- Barrels are for blaster weapons.

- Hilts are for lightsabers and similar weapons.

- Crystals are for any kind of weapons.

- Armorings are for armor pieces.

- Mods and enhancements are for most modifiable items.

If I remember correctly, at the start of the mission you get a modifiable weapon with just a crystal and a hilt, and empty slots for mod and enhancement; and another item that is a mod. The mission objective is to use the modification station to put the mod in the weapon. Once you do that, the mission reward is an enhancement that you can also put into the weapon. Until you do that you are using a severely underpowered lightsaber.

Once you use the mod station, first select your lightsaber. You will see a view of the weapon with its mod slots. Open your inventory, right click on the mod item, and it will move to the saber. Click the button (Accept or Modify or some such) and the mod will be slotted into the saber, enhancing its stats and completing the mission.

Hope this helps!

Most important part of my post: a) forget about Fleet Pass and use shuttles, and b) forget about augmentation slots. This should clear up the confussion surrounding your Modification Station mission and allow you to complete it.