Remove Bombers from Galactic Starfighter

I used to hate bombers but the more I play the more I see bombers as easy kills. Their damage numbers do seem high on the scoreboard still but to me that just means Drone dmg output should be slightly lowered. That's the only thing that should change about them. Really bombers would be a very weak class if the general populace had better spacial awareness.

Personally, I think the drones are the least dangerous tools of Bombers. They do unimpressive damage that can be face tanked with shields, and they do not force people to move away of the place.

Mines, however...

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My problem with bombers mainly is they are too good at area denial making domination a race between bombers squads. 75% of the ship choices in domination are bombers, which to me, ruins part of the fun of GSF.

I don't think bombers need to be nerfed, nor do I want them removed, but their needs to be a better counter to them in Domination type matches.

Personally, I think the drones are the least dangerous tools of Bombers. They do unimpressive damage that can be face tanked with shields, and they do not force people to move away of the place.

Mines, however...

I get what you're saying. I guess I don't have too many problems with mines. In domination matches with heavy bomber presence I bring out the heavy lasers. IMO those are THE hard counter to bombers.

Even with a scout you can pretty easily handle a bomber if you just anticipate when he's going to drop a turd and focus on that first before continuing to feed laser down his tailpipe. Control your range, don't let him in too close, boost around and stay behind him, all that stuff.

If a friendly starts helping him create some distance and take care of the new threat first. Whenever I see a drone that is my first priority. They do a lot of damage if left alone but as you said, they're easy to pop and leave the bomber with a very long cooldown.

I cannot believe that a 13 page thread with this title is still on the front page.

Bombers will never be removed, mines will not all get deleted, aoe will not all be shelved. Get real!

stap being such a debby downer

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.