The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Request for future skimpy gear: make "skimpy" toggle

So we can get two versions of armor. One fully clothed and once we uncheck a box it goes skimpy. Brilliant. If you did it this way you would've killed two stones with one bird with the Casual Combatant set (which looks great on females but males not so much :( ) and the remake of our tier 1 Sith Warrior PvP set.

heck, you can stil remake them if you make such a cool feature.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Brilliant. If you did it this way you would've killed two stones with one bird with the Casual Combatant set (which looks great on females but males not so much :( )

Come to think of it, people in the old republic era in the SW-EU must have different viewing habits than you. Bare midriff was apparently a common fashion choice among male jedi like for example Odan Urr or Memit Nadill.

Anyway, unless they have redundancy in the structure and the engine allows for conditional rendering, I wish you good luck with this.

So we can get two versions of armor. One fully clothed and once we uncheck a box it goes skimpy. Brilliant. If you did it this way you would've killed two stones with one bird with the Casual Combatant set (which looks great on females but males not so much :( ) and the remake of our tier 1 Sith Warrior PvP set.

heck, you can stil remake them if you make such a cool feature.

I take it you never done any software or programming. If you had any experience you realize that implementing such a feature is both costly and time consuming. Besides, BW hasn't been able to implement hood toggles and what you are proposing is more complicated. You also failed to realize by implementing such a feature, BW would be selling two sets of gear for the price one, a skimpy and non-skimpy version. BW has no incentive to develop and implement such a feature. A more reasonable suggestion would be to release a skimpy and non-skimpy version of gear in the cm.

Edited by Knockerz

they can't make hoods toggle, you think they can make whole outfits toggle?

The feature is already in the game, they just refuse to make it a toggle-able feature in the interface for whatever reason. :rolleyes:

You have proof of that?

there are specific helms in the game that when equipped will force your hood into a down position. I have one of the "headband" ones in my cargo hold, but I can't remember the name of it. I'll try to post the name when I get home & can check it. It seems to me that the easiest way to give people the hood toggle that they want is to introduce a "covert energy hat" that is invisible on the player, like the other covert energy clothes, but give it whatever variable the helms that force your hood down have. that way you can just turn your "show helm" toggle into a "hood up or down" toggle.

I think whether it "looks good" on one gender or the other to you is largely a matter of personal preference. ;) I can appreciate skimpy gear on both genders, but I actually prefer the Casual Combatant set (and the non-skimpy version) on males as I think the fabric parts that drape over the chest are unflattering on the ample busts of all the female bodies except for the very thin BT1.

More on topic, I can recall a toggle like this being asked for by players that were unhappy that certain gear magically lost half its fabric and became a glorified sports bra when equipped by female characters (yet, could be previewed as the male version on female Companions that lacked a full body "skin", like Infected Mako). Needless to say, it didn't happen then, and I don't see this happening now either since they can just sell both versions on the CM. And honestly, so long as they actually do sell both versions of popular styles eventually, I really don't mind.

But it would be nice if they did this, of course.

It doesn't put hood down, it erases it.

Reason why they dont make it a feature is that it was never intended.

What they want, along with most of thee community, is a real hood toggle, complete with an animation and a hood being drawn back, not erased.

Research the facts before you run your mouth.

It doesn't put hood down, it erases it.

Reason why they dont make it a feature is that it was never intended.

What they want, along with most of thee community, is a real hood toggle, complete with an animation and a hood being drawn back, not erased.

Research the facts before you run your mouth.

- The hood down feature that is currently in the game is very much intended. Otherwise they'd have severe clipping issues with helmets, and twi'leks.

- I haven't seen a single person say " we have to/need to have a special hood animation" or "the hood has to still be there when I toggle it"

Generally speaking, people just want a simple hood toggle. Whether the hood is erased or not is irrelevant.

Not many people care about such a frivolous thing as a special hood animation, either. Especially when it is used as an excuse not to implement it... :rolleyes:

1) Don't speak for the community 2) Don't be a dick about it.

- The hood down feature that is currently in the game is very much intended. Otherwise they'd have severe clipping issues with helmets, and twi'leks.

- I haven't seen a single person say " we have to/need to have a special hood animation" or "the hood has to still be there when I toggle it"

Generally speaking, people just want a simple hood toggle. Whether the hood is erased or not is irrelevant.

Not many people care about such a frivolous thing as a special hood animation, either. Especially when it is used as an excuse not to implement it... :rolleyes:

1) Don't speak for the community 2) Don't be a dick about it.

I'd prefer to have the hood down rather than it just being erased. Without the hood it's just a trench coat.

it's called "Consular's Headgear." go buy one off the market & equip it while wearing a robe that has the hood up, it will put the hood down.

Pics please because there is a difference between removing the hood and putting it down.

As far as I remember the problem with hood toggle wasn't the toggle itself it was creating new art for every robe that had a hood. Every chest piece that has a hood would have to have a second version that has the hood down as the hood is just part of the art not separate interactable object.