BW slaps the PVP community in the face, again...

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Armor weapons and titles? Who cares, PvE has exclusive titles and (I'm no expert) I wouldn't be surprised if there were exclusive armors and weapons. But honeslty, I don't care that the SKIN is exclusive. The tank isn't reskinned on the CM at all, and until only the skin of that mount if exclusive, it's not a fair deal between PvE and PvP.

Oh, lol, I get it now! You just want more exclusive items just because PvErs happen to have more then PvPers. Well, life isn't fair. If I see Bob down the street with a Ferrari because he can afford to buy one with his higher paying job, it doesn't mean I should be able to get something equally as good for working in a lower paying job.

Also, shouldn't the fun of the game be reward in itself? Or do you need to be given things now to feel special?

Edited by Essence_of_Light

That didn't really make sense but I made my suggestion already.

Sure it does. I'm sure PVPers will count that as an exclusive skin because no other rancor will have robotics on themselves. Hmm, all this talk makes me want to ask for a cyborg bantha.

Oh, lol, I get it now! You just want more exclusive items just because PvErs happen to have more then PvPers. Well, life isn't fair. If I see Bob down the street with a Ferrari because he can afford to buy one with his higher paying job, it doesn't mean I should be able to get something equally as good for working in a lower paying job.

This is a game not real life. And FYI the season 1 armour and weapons are just reskins of the top current PVP gear. That doesn't make it new.

Sure it does. I'm sure PVPers will count that as an exclusive skin because no other rancor will have robotics on themselves. Hmm, all this talk makes me want to ask for a cyborg bantha.

Reskins are one thing and exclusive mounts is something else. Yes PVP and PVE should have unique skins if exclusivity can't be shared.

I'd rather ask for a robot unicorn tauntaun that drops only from a NiM op.

There are plenty of old armour sets floating around that you'll need valor to use.

There are plenty of weapons that are only found in the PvP vendor.

And if you really want a "tank" looking mount, there is always this, this and this on the CM and Rep Vendors.

Oh, you don't think they look exactly like the tank mounts? Because they don't have guns?

Well the CM rancor won't have cybernetics or tatoos apparantly, so it's close enough.

Or you could just, you know, play those ops in NiM with some buddies. Heck, you don't even have to be geared as long as the others are.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

Let's be honest with ourselves. Did any of us think we'd be posting in another "PVP needs exclusive items" thread?

I honestly didn't. I actually thought we were done with this. How gullible am I? :rolleyes:

True. I also see that the OP is too hardheaded to realize that he should be focusing more on having fun and playing with friends (this IS an MMO after all) than whining about fluff items in a game.

Im done here.

True. I also see that the OP is too hardheaded to realize that he should be focusing more on having fun and playing with friends (this IS an MMO after all) than whining about fluff items in a game.

Im done here.

^^This basically sums up my thoughts in a nutshell.

Im done here.

Best point ever.

Some people just want to complain so they will find stuff to complain about. That in a nutshell seems to be what OP is all about.

It'll show they have no respect for the PVP community.

A developer panders to where the most money comes from.

PVE population > PVP population in every game that isn't strictly PVP designed, i.e. the majority of all mmos.

It helps to remember you're in the minority.

If it makes you feel better, you *might* be a larger minority than RPers.

Edited by Zorvan

A developer panders to where the most money comes from.

PVE population > PVP population in every game that isn't strictly PVP designed, i.e. the majority of all mmos.

It helps to remember you're in the minority.

If it makes you feel better, you *might* be a larger minority than RPers.

Harsh but true. That's what it boils down to for me. The rancour is something that has been asked for a lot, and I get the distinct impression that it's something iconic. Why would Bioware only give it to what amounts to a small part of the player base? Instead you have an exclusive version of it. Perhaps they should have just made some tank-like mount the reward, then the OP would be happy? Right?

Edited by horrorfaneightys

No the argument is that they are showing favouritism to PVErs. Go read the post again.

And why shouldn't they? PvP is only a small portion of overall playerbase in any MMO. Face Facts people - the RPG genre is PvE and always has been. Just because a new facet of that genre allowing for perpetual on-line play and interaction with other players is possible (and has been for two decades) does not change the fact that the overall genre is still geared towards PvE.

Can you provide a decent reason why one of the most requested mounts by SWTOR players (PVE and PVP), should be only be accessed by PVPers? Forget about the NiM mounts, nobody requested them and most people I know don't even care about getting them unless they are a collector. So give us a reason why BW should deny everyone but PVPers a mount they have been asking for since this game launched.

Edit: And if you really want an NiM mount reskinned for PVP rewards, get the PVP community together and ask for a reskinned model in season 2.

Edited by Test_Eagle

All we'd like is something exclusive to us and only us, and seeing as PvE people already have that in the form of two mounts, I don't think it's too much to ask.

News flash, you can go get the "exclusive" speeders too.