Do you guys realize how easy it is to get 1500+ rating?

Reginlief

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wouldn't surprise me if their wasn't some inside win-trading going on here.

There was no win-trading here. I will admit I did some queue syncing with others but we didn't always get on the same team and if we got on opposite teams we treated it like a real match. Nobody that I play with throws matches, I think that's lame.

While semi-impressive to go 10-0, doesn't really mean much. It means you had good teams, and went against some not so good opponents, if in fact they actually were opponents. It wouldn't surprise me if their wasn't some inside win-trading going on here.

I would add that to get 1500 rating with 10 games is also total b.^^^s**t. You'd have to average essentially over 30 points per win, that's just not right. As it is right now, I only get 10-15 points a win.

Lost due to people dc'ing. Having bads around me. Having people cheat, hack, etc....

Hell, it seems I lose more point when I lose than when I win, 15-20 on loses,

It's not semi impressive, it's straight up impressive. Getting a 1500+ rating is easy. Getting over 1500 in 10 games is not, and doing it on pot5 pubside takes serious skill.

Any team of 4 who lose to a lone stealther deserve to lose.

Beeeeecause you can see stealth? We didn't have any team members with bonus to stealth detection, so that's our fault how? And there were 3 left, not 4, running around looking. What I don't understand also is the poison mechanic. I know you can't heal or pop stims during it, and I pushed him out further into the poison while hitting him the whole time. My remaining teammates and I all started with full health at poison phase, and even though we all seemed to die simultaneously, the win went to the shadow that was further out in the poison getting hit, than my team. Sorry dude, that's a fugged up mechanic that doesn't even make sense especially since I can testify that I wasn't even getting hit.

It's not semi impressive, it's straight up impressive. Getting a 1500+ rating is easy. Getting over 1500 in 10 games is not, and doing it on pot5 pubside takes serious skill.

Ranked pub side on pot5 is for comms only. The clowns solo queuing in champion gear, unaug'd conq gear, and playing as if a drinking bird was at the keyboard instead of a thinking human being make it pointless for anything outside of comm grinding.

Ranked pub side on pot5 is for comms only. The clowns solo queuing in champion gear, unaug'd conq gear, and playing as if a drinking bird was at the keyboard instead of a thinking human being make it pointless for anything outside of comm grinding.

That would be the point, Rejin had to carry bads for 10 straight wins.

But its so bad when you get close to 1500 rating and your next match is with a player that has no hope.

You know it when you see it, you check out the group before the match starts . AND you know that you just KNOW, ya know?

Some scrub that is in pve gear or not auged or playing with his feet, something! you know its a loss. Whats happeneing right now in solo ques are that the players are having that moment when they say DROP? for 12 elo or stay and fight and get destroyed. its silly, that the rating system matches highs up with lows that dramatically.

A friend of mine mentioned the other day that you could achieve tier 1 rating in your first 10-12 games of Ranked Warzone Arenas.

I was lucky enough to be able to confirm this and capture a screenshot of it right after my 10th match of solo ranked.

http://i.imgur.com/VpvDBwt.png

Did you guys (developers) realize how easy it was to achieve top tier rewards? Now I can retire after 10 games if I want to.

Why is so much emphasis placed on those first 10 games as opposed to any other(s) you play?

http://i.imgur.com/vAwKTYt.jpg

This is just the way it is. It's why you see decent people topping the leaderboards. It's all about the first 50 games.

Yeah Rejin I agree. They took the lazy man's way out, again, who saw that coming, owait, everyone, by making the rating return negatively linear in nature rather than proportionally scalar to your opponents rating. If that doesn't make sense to anyone, rather than have it be a scoring system where beating players with a higher rank increased yours more than beating lower players and vice versa, they made it less and less effective to do matches at all after a certain games played point. It took me 4 hours of ranked to get my second rancor on my Assassin, because I won 9/10 of the prelims, went 16-3 overall and was done. Now that the games are worth less overall, I don't see nearly as drastic a rating change even though I'm at 36-12, a considerably lower W/L ratio.

This needs to get changed to be reflective of a total collective rating from each team being added up and then factored against each individual's rating at completion for a +/- to their own rating. That way, there isn't this arbitrary "You won 1, you lost one, -2 rating" crap we have going on right now.

It does factor in you opponents rating. Sounds like most teams you took out had lower ratings than you over all, that's why you lost more loses than you gained with wins. I have over 100 wins, and got 10 points for a win in one game, but 6 in the next, -10 for a loss, and then 12 for last win.

Edited by TezMoney

He queue synced to get his rating.

I'm sure. Because I'm sure you'd be able to take him in a duel. Because I'm sure he got a 4man premade every arena. Because I'm sure he's not on of the best PvP Powertechs since, whenever he's online. Because you're totes not just madcuzbad.

This is just the way it is. It's why you see decent people topping the leaderboards. It's all about the first 50 games.

Its about the first 10, not the first 50.

If you go 0-10 in the first 10, you are probably going to have a rating of ~1000. If you then win the next 20 games, youre probably going to having a rating ~1200-1250.

However, if you go 10-0 in the first 10, then go 10-10 over the next 20, you will probably have a rating of ~1400-1450.

Same overall record of 20-10, but a huge difference in rating.

Its about the first 10, not the first 50.

If you go 0-10 in the first 10, you are probably going to have a rating of ~1000. If you then win the next 20 games, youre probably going to having a rating ~1200-1250.

However, if you go 10-0 in the first 10, then go 10-10 over the next 20, you will probably have a rating of ~1400-1450.

Same overall record of 20-10, but a huge difference in rating.

Right. Imagine a new character:

Go 10 wins, then 10 losses - rating of about 1400.

Go 10 losses, then 10 wins - rating of about 1000.

Same record, different order, drastically different rating. No sense at all.

not necessarily. If he started when the good imp pvper's were queueing and was in the queue-sync with them, and as he said, he did queue-sync, more often than not, he's guaranteed to run with decent pvpers on a time when a lot of average undergeared pubs are queueing.

The beauty of queue syncing in ranked solo on a the lower side is you have an infinitely greater chance to run with good people.

Edited by Anyakaschala

I started 1-9. 19-0 win streak later, 20-9 overall record. B/c of the bad start, my rating was ~1230.

Had I started 10-0, then gone 10-9 (for the exact same overall record), my Rating would probably be in the 1400-1450 range.

There is a problem there, the first 10 games are worth way, way, way too much.

Indeed. A necessary (but not sufficient) condition for having a coherent, internally consistent rating system is that any player with a rating of X wins and X losses (50% win rate) will have a rating that is equal to the average rating of the opponents he has played (at the time he played them). Perhaps subject to X being above a certain minimum. The present system does not have this characteristic.

He queue synced to get his rating.

I didn't necessarily get grouped with people I was syncing with though. Also, a good amount of the first 10 matches were actually pub vs pub, often against 1 or 2 people I was synced with.

A couple of the games I had a rough team so I had to throw on tank stance to keep us alive. You may consider that playing cheap or exploiting the system but the AP tank hybrid has already been nerfed so I knew my damage was going to be crappy if I did go ion cell.

So you did get really lucky, you also do know that the absolute majority of people never get that lucky and you call your pure luck something that can so very easily be achieved? And you even take your trolololo far enough to present it as something so, so obvious and easy and how come people don't just get it? Simply win your first 10 matches and don't lose a single one?

I think you took my post the wrong way. I'm not trolling, I'm pointing out that it's not as hard to achieve tier 1 rewards as it should be. I could go 0-30 in my next 30 matches but still have access to tier 1 rewards because my previous and precious first 10 matches had a good outcome.

Well a few points here.

1) Regin/Gravity has always been a hardcore type player and regardless of how he comes across its silly and naive to attack his ability.

2) I completely agree with the original post, its absurd that the first 10 games are weighted so heavily.

3) 20 and 6 are the high low for elo gain/loss even with an average 800 point difference in elo.

4)That initial rating matters for reasons I won't expound upon, but those who did rated before this mount frenzy know what I'm talking about.

Edited by HaLeX

Well done! Transfer to TOFN, do the same, and I give you 10 million credits :cool:. Win your first 10 matches on the republic side :). God himself tried but when he got in queue with 3 25k sage dps or 3 25k gunslinger DPS, he gave up and went on to do some class balance for the oncoming Rapture and introduce proper gear check there! Edited by Leafy_Bug

To the people crying about how the OP achieved that rating...you're missing the entire point of his post...

Just in case your reading comprehension is at the level of my three year old, there's entirely too much weight placed on the earliest games of your adventure into solo ranked. Don't hold your breath for a "mathy" explanation of this system either. It just seems so lazy...

There are a few good points here, but some people need to learn about the ELO system before complaining. Some of the criticism here is entirely based on the ignorance about the basics of this system.

Now, I am not saying that there aren't flaws, it's just that most of the things brought here as problems are just symptoms of a working ELO system the way it should be.

Getting 1500 with 10 wins is absolutely normal, that's EXACTLY how the system is supposed to work, the problem is to give the highest prizes to this rating.

By the other hand, the fact that some people are stuck in 1100~1200 is due to the small pool of players, as it should be a lot easier for skilled players to get the elo higher with time when facing people on the same elo.

Edited by Capote

Getting 1500 with 10 wins is absolutely normal, that's EXACTLY how the system is supposed to work, the problem is to give the highest prizes to this rating.

This. The initial games need to be weighed heavily, as they act like placement matches. The idea is to have people of similar rating be in the same games, and it is a good way to create rating tiers fast.

The problem at the moment is twofold. One: the top rewards are too low (as mentioned above), because after the placement games are finished you should have to play a significant amount of games after and thus advance against tougher and tougher opponents to reach the top. Two: there aren't enough people around to form games with only those of similar rating. If there were enough people, anyone with an initial 10-0 win-loss ratio gained because of a fluke likely wouldn't be able to compete with other people with their rating, and they would soon drop down.

Edited by diadox