What companion do you use

_Wicce_

When I'm Bodyguard spec'd? Gault.

All other times, Mako in MedWatch.

My frustration with Mako, though, is that her CC ability can't be toggled off the "Auto cast", so she spends more time channeling that stupid thing than healing me.

When I'm Bodyguard spec'd? Gault.

All other times, Mako in MedWatch.

My frustration with Mako, though, is that her CC ability can't be toggled off the "Auto cast", so she spends more time channeling that stupid thing than healing me.

Her channeling is a pita, I have her heals on a bind key which overrides her CC and makes her heal me.

Gault since I got him. Tried using Caldera for a while since he was easy to gear with my leftoevers but wasn't impressed. About to get Blizz, can't wait! Still, may end up with Gault again though as he's just too nice to have given how fast things die with him out.

I am a Bodyguard Mercenary and I've been using Torian since I got him.

He is easy to gear since he uses aim heavy armor so I can give him my hand-me-downs and I can craft him electrostaves since I am armstech.

Also since he has a charge and a lot of AoE he does pretty respectable damage. He also loves my choices in conversations, haven't lost affection with him once so far. Only problem I have with him is he is a little squishy so keeping him alive is a stressful time occasionally.

I use Mako myself, she pwns. But, I notice no one has mentioned Blizz. Is it because we don't get him until mid/late 40s?

Yeah I am only 36 so I don't have Blizz yet, when I get him I will probably switch, Ranged tank with my healing merc will probably be perfect.

I's Arsenal, and I mostly use Mako. Even at 46 she is hard to beat. You just rip through content.

It depends on what Im doing though. If im out helping someone, I might use Gault. He gets SICK at high levels when geared out...so does Torian. I really want to like BLizz, but as Arsenal I dont find myself needing a Tank. Same goes for Skadge, love the guy..just doesent fit with my playstyle.

I think we need less tanks, and one more DPS. Thats just my opinion though.

Leveled to 50 entirely with Mako.. Her CC ability is extremely annoying though. And every time you click it off, the moment you mount up and then dismount it is right back on. I died a number of times due to her. Well that and her Healing Scan bug.. which leaves me glowing green until log out.

I honestly could solo all heroic 2+ and elite+ mobs without issues with her. Couldn't see it any other way. I will be skilling/gearing Blizz next, cause he looks awesome.

Ever since i got Gault, him.

Something very nice about your companion critting for more than you do sometimes.

Even with Mako geared in current level gear, he heals make about as much difference as Gault tanking for me when fighting an elite. Either way someone will need to recharge afterwards.

I use Blizz as bodyguard spec. He needs a gear overhaul right away after you get him, but once he gets some upgrades he starts to not take any damage. I use Torian sometimes, but Blizz gives you a lot more time to dps and not heal.

I am a Bodyguard Mercenary and I've been using Torian since I got him.

He is easy to gear since he uses aim heavy armor so I can give him my hand-me-downs and I can craft him electrostaves since I am armstech.

Also since he has a charge and a lot of AoE he does pretty respectable damage. He also loves my choices in conversations, haven't lost affection with him once so far. Only problem I have with him is he is a little squishy so keeping him alive is a stressful time occasionally.

This is encouraging as I plan to use him myself.

I've been overlevelling everything I do in order to complete planets before I move on so personally the lack of heals without Mako shouldn't be a problem for me as I hardly ever lose life and when I do, I count on my own heals in that situation!

I use Mako mostly, but if you like Torian, you'll love Blizz. He's a bamf tank once you gear him, and the rocket launcher is win.

Just got Skadge, so I'm testing him out a bit too.

Please let me know what you think of Skadge. I'm an arsenal merc so I figure a melee tank would be the best to go with my ranged dps and we have a few heals too

I also should be able to pick those dark choices with him, right?

Edited by bobafetea

Please let me know what you think of Skadge. I'm an arsenal merc so I figure a melee tank would be the best to go with my ranged dps and we have a few heals too

I also should be able to pick those dark choices with him, right?

He's pretty beefy so far and holds aggro pretty well (I'm pyro merc and he can last through the slightly slower dot/burn style damage we put out). He's also pretty easy to heal and can wear your hand me downs. Right now I have a set that I trade between him and Blizz.

As for affection, yeah he likes it when you go dark side and he respects you when you stand up to him.