Ranked Season 1 PvP Rewards

Gamesux

I collect pets and mounts but hate Arena. The 1500 rating is low enough for me to suffer through a couple of games though.

Are they legacy or character bound? I'm collecting on sage but would rather play Arena on basically any other class.

Most likely they're going to be character bound. I collect some pets but mostly toys and emotes and some mounts. A shame it's Arena specific. I barely do them since I don't like Arena whatsoever either.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The funny thing is, no matter how much they try to say "win traders will be caught", it will be RAMPANT. it will be like speeding 10 mph over is on highways, illegal but since everyone does it there is no enforcement unless you flaunt it right in their face. Every single PvE and casual is going to want that Rancor mount, and since it's highest earned once you get 1500 you can turn around and help your buddy. BW will not ban the ENTIRE active community, which is just about the scope this Rancor mount grind (which it has now become) will reach.

And no I am not saying this is a good thing or advocating doing it, I earned my rank the hard way. I hope they do mass rating resets to punish the masses like they said they would, but I know they won't. I can bet 110% though, this is what it will become. 1500 is just way too low, that is what, 20 games from base rating? It's just way too easy to get to and people will see that. If it was higher you would see win traders smashing into each other late at night or whenever they try to game it and it would be a good thing. This is a very foolish move and there is practically no foresight at all on where it will go.

I can see the arguments though. Some servers ranked is dead. A rank earned on one server means nothing on another server, different conditions, etc. I hope they can get cross server working because right now this thing is a just a sham.

dude, wow just wow. So everyone does win trading? I did not even hear about it til a thread last week and still don't know what it is. Also, based on the leaderboards, clearly not everyone has even done ranked and many of those who have done it do not have 1500 or over, so yeah, this win trading is not as common and you want it to appear and the whole everyone doing it argument falls horribly apart. Also, punish the masses? you think a gaming company will punish EVERYONE for what YOU think is common? I don't know if this is a troll honestly, I am not even sure what win trading is, but saying everyone does it and implying it at several points without a shred of evidence and saying we should all be punished for it is the worst idea anyone can ever come up with and would help no one.

I wouldn't be surprised if the next cartell pack shipment had rancor mounts too.

I was thinking the same thing. Most every "Exclusive" item has eventually become something you can buy off the GTN by way of the Cartel Market.

I was thinking the same thing. Most every "Exclusive" item has eventually become something you can buy off the GTN by way of the Cartel Market.

You're right. All those nightmare mounts are in the CM and GTN now. Just bought one...wait a minute... :rolleyes:

You're right. All those nightmare mounts are in the CM and GTN now. Just bought one...wait a minute... :rolleyes:

To be fair I am willing to bet that NiM Dread palace will drop a rancor mount, since one of its bosses is a rancor and the NiM mounts always resemble on of the bosses. So its not like the PvE'ers are being left out.

So Rancors for the high end of PvP and PvE only?

I think this will help spur interest in ranked as they gave everyone a taste on what to expect reward wise for upcoming seasons.

I really hope you are correct. I queue for solo rated at least 4 nights a week and have only seen 8 pops in the last two months. And in those pops half of my team was in conq gear without augments.

My whole post reeks of entitlement and elitism because I am Elite and I should be entitled to rewards for that. I am a better PvPer than you. I will always be a better PvPer than you. 1v1 me on any toon, ever, and I will always kill you. Every. Single. Time. That deserves a reward that you cannot get. You want it too? Learn to not be bad.

Please don't do that again, I almost coked to death when I read that.

Oh and have fun with your assassin 1v1, because assassins winning 1v1 means soooo much. :rolleyes:

Edited by Zoom_VI

Of course its a terrible strategy and I alluded to that in stating that they wont do it. How are you that dumb that you do not see that.

My whole post reeks of entitlement and elitism because I am Elite and I should be entitled to rewards for that. I am a better PvPer than you. I will always be a better PvPer than you. 1v1 me on any toon, ever, and I will always kill you. Every. Single. Time. That deserves a reward that you cannot get. You want it too? Learn to not be bad.

And no I'm not angry, just disappointed and voicing my opinion, which is worth more than some random casual PvE'rs on PvP reward matters.

You do have a reward, actually.

You have the ability to make that signature there. You have that little ranking in the leaderboard that reminds you of your accomplishment.

Every. Single. Day.

Guess what you get in tangible rewards than the people you beat out for that number one spot though? Nothing, just like how no athletic team gets rewards for being number one during the seasons.

Sure, you'll have to regain that ranking whenever ratings are wiped. But guess what, that's the beauty of competition:

When you are at the top, you better be playing for just the thrill of competition. Because the rewards at that point won't help you sleep at night, it's all about the love of the game.

Especially if you're playing a game that doesn't give you multimillion dollar contracts or endorsements.