Capital ships need to be removed ASAP.

Jandi

Don`t know about you but when I lose at something that I think is a cheap trick then really the ones using said cheap trick are the real losers. But if you get upset about it to the point where you make a post or start a thread about it then they won more than just a game.

It's the only way to get anything changed. Whine enough about it and BW will do something. And it's not a cheap trick, it's abusing a ill-thought out game mechanic to make your own team win.

I know you don't undersrtand the problem because you're such a horrible player that you're always the one doing it, but please, try to see it from the other side.

I don't actually have a problem with Gunships, or anyone for that matter, running back to the capital ships. I also don't really have a problem with bombers setting up a kill zone near the border, with gunships backing them from the capital ship zone, in order to pull the fight to them. Why not? Because this is PvP, and as such you should use everything at your disposal to give yourself an advantage. That's what PvP is about.

That said, I disagree with the existence of a safe retreat zone of any kind in an instanced PvP match. Although we need safe spawn points like we have in the ground PvP game, once you leave that zone you should never really be able to get back to it. (Once again, the same way ground PvP works.) PvP is supposed to be about players killing other players, and anything that discourages that should be avoided.

So I say as long as capital ships exist the way they do now, everyone should feel free to use them as they have been, but I do hope we have them removed or changed at some point in the future.

It's the only way to get anything changed. Whine enough about it and BW will do something. And it's not a cheap trick, it's abusing a ill-thought out game mechanic to make your own team win.

I know you don't undersrtand the problem because you're such a horrible player that you're always the one doing it, but please, try to see it from the other side.

First of all nothing in GSF is nowhere near as bad as anything that can happen in regular pvp in any given game. Insulting other people and threaten to quit is not a way to get a company to listen to you if anything its away to get them to ignore you.

First of all nothing in GSF is nowhere near as bad as anything that can happen in regular pvp in any given game. Insulting other people and threaten to quit is not a way to get a company to listen to you if anything its away to get them to ignore you.

It wasn't an insult, it was a stetement of fact.

I'm always amazed at teams that pull this strat... you're flying a ship and you just want to sit in one place and do nothing for ten minutes? I can not play the game and do that and that sounds a lot better/makes a lot more sense.

The system could use some tweaking to make this work better, but I'll never understand players like this. Really, really boring.

I'm always amazed at teams that pull this strat... you're flying a ship and you just want to sit in one place and do nothing for ten minutes? I can not play the game and do that and that sounds a lot better/makes a lot more sense.

The system could use some tweaking to make this work better, but I'll never understand players like this. Really, really boring.

I Always get the gunships that sit just a little out of range of the turrets and the second they great someone coming for them they pop their ability that speeds them up and slows everyone else down so its impossible to catch up with them in time. Then you turn around and they can hit you twice before you can get out of range. It's really bad in one map as they can hit a big range of the map doing this and it basically turns in to one person on your time chasing GS all match and making you and them useless. It's a gutless tactic. I vote for the taking out of the gunships as well, or if you are on the imp side your own ship should gun you down to stay true to character. :mad:

My main problem is that cap ship retreats favor gunships tremendously. Other ships gain no real benefit by retreating, since at best they may shake their pursuers but still have to trudge all the way back to the fight, often after having burned all their engine power.

Gunships though, due to their extreme long range, don't have to travel nearly as far to get back into an effective position. Worse, half the time they just seem to turn around right as their pursuer decides they won't catch the gunship in time and turns back, 2-shotting their former pursuer out of the sky. Also, gunships can be more effective at returning to a battle with low hull strength, since they can still probably get some more kills before anyone re-targets them...

What's the answer to this? Never pursue Gunships if they even hint at going back to the cap ship?