[Spoilers]Last encounter of the Great Hunt

Lord_Joesef

This is ********. Complete ********.

I get it, he's the culminating fight of an entire chain, hes a ******, he's even got a sidekick.

HE CANNOT BE SOLO'D. Three BH's in my guild had to bring in help to down him before me, and now I've joined those ranks. I'm a tank spec Powertech and here's the ****** part.

He regens his entire health bar. Not once, not twice, not three times, not four times, but FOREVER. He NEVER STOPS DOING IT. You'll get him almost dead, think that victory is at hand, and then he does his uninterruptable "HAHAH I GOT MY HEALTH BACK FOOL!" move and you have to fight him all over again. Even with Mako fully decked out (I'm an armormech, and I make sure shes loaded up), she cannot keep up with that. Sure she helped me fight his health bar down four times, but then it gets to a point where the boss fight has wore my health down far enough that it starts getting to a point of Mako trying to heal me but hes hitting me harder than her heals hit for. Ever so slightly. I'll hover at that 5% mark for quite a while, busting my cooldowns, using my medkits, but it's not enough.

THIS MUST BE FIXED. I'm not saying it shouldn't be challenging, but there's challenging and there's irritating, frustrating, ********* in in a class quest. Yeah, I'm raging. Yeah, I mad. But god *********** dammit man, it really does a great job of making me feel like "The master of the hunt" when I have to bring in guildies to help me down my last encounter.

/rant

TL;DR - Overpowered class quest fight must be fixed.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seemed like pretty balanced to me. I died on my first try when i just spammed attacks(like every other fight before that), but then i noticed the "fatigued" buff he gets where he takes extra damage. I saved my cooldowns for that effect, going through 2 or 3 healing phases and he finally got it and then i just unloaded everything i had on him.

I did kill the padawan first. I did pull him back to the door. The rant was about his insane self heal which cannot be interrupted or debuffed. I'm glad you got him in your first try, it must be swell to be you. But when several BH's all have the same problem it's probably not because we just suck.

Lord, he is not bugged and he is soloable, but this is a very difficult fight if you don't understand the mechanics. Take out the padawan first and then pull the Jedi Master out of her range so she can't continue healing him. It's the Padawan that heals him, it's not a self-heal... I was fighting him for a long time and almost died until I realized this, once I pulled him to the other end of the room, he stopped getting healed and he went down on my first shot.

Well it's too late now. I was more focused on interrupting his knockbacks and whatnot to be looking at his sidekick after I thought she was out of action. The fact that she goes green and then you have to kite him out of her range screams bugged encounter to me. If a dev posts here that this is behaving as intended I will eat a slice out of my combat boots and post a link to the vid.

People, if he can't figure out how to solo the content, he does NOT deserve to be the champion of the great hunt.

Kill healer, pull boss to other side of room.... its hard I know....

(I mean mouse over the buff/debuff and read what's going on with the enemy/encounter is hard)

This is ********. Complete ********.

I get it, he's the culminating fight of an entire chain, hes a ******, he's even got a sidekick.

HE CANNOT BE SOLO'D. Three BH's in my guild had to bring in help to down him before me, and now I've joined those ranks. I'm a tank spec Powertech and here's the ****** part.

He regens his entire health bar. Not once, not twice, not three times, not four times, but FOREVER. He NEVER STOPS DOING IT. You'll get him almost dead, think that victory is at hand, and then he does his uninterruptable "HAHAH I GOT MY HEALTH BACK FOOL!" move and you have to fight him all over again. Even with Mako fully decked out (I'm an armormech, and I make sure shes loaded up), she cannot keep up with that. Sure she helped me fight his health bar down four times, but then it gets to a point where the boss fight has wore my health down far enough that it starts getting to a point of Mako trying to heal me but hes hitting me harder than her heals hit for. Ever so slightly. I'll hover at that 5% mark for quite a while, busting my cooldowns, using my medkits, but it's not enough.

THIS MUST BE FIXED. I'm not saying it shouldn't be challenging, but there's challenging and there's irritating, frustrating, ********* in in a class quest. Yeah, I'm raging. Yeah, I mad. But god *********** dammit man, it really does a great job of making me feel like "The master of the hunt" when I have to bring in guildies to help me down my last encounter.

/rant

TL;DR - Overpowered class quest fight must be fixed.

Lol. I Solo'd him first try.

He gets to ab 10% before he heals.

You know what to do then?

Electro Dart > Rail Shot > Rocket Punch and he'll go down.

Yes, I died after killing him because of pulling some extra mobs, but it really wasn't that bad. Try a more tank//heal spec.

Again, once the padawan is defeated she needs to quit tossing heals. It makes sense for her to do it while she's in the fight, but as I've already said in this tread she needs to cut that **** when she's "Defeated" otherwise the game should let me actually kill her *** instead of making her go green and go stand in the corner tossing heals. That's not failure to grasp fight mechanics, that's an untargetable healing mob standing out of combat interfering with a fight. I'm happy you were able to figure out where it was coming from, I did the logical thing on my attempts and killed her *** strait away. After she went down though, it was bloody difficult to figure out what was going on, especially since he would gain this healing after doing some sort of meditation animation.

I'm so bloody happy for you guys who were able to deduce what was going on, and maybe I'm a baddie for not noticing it. But once again if a Dev comes in here and says this fight is acting as intended, I'll cut a slice out of my combat boot and eat it on camera.

I literally googled to find this...

I'm stuck as balls on this boss-

I'll try and pull him away from his Padawan right now and edit this if it works for me.

I'm 32 and getting my *** handed to me.

I sort of agree with OP if this still doesn't work :)

edit: totally doesn't work. she falls down to her knees then gets back up and chases my *** around the room. WHAT THE HELL IS THIS :mad:

Edited by SpoofBoss

What I did was use the Concussion grenade to knock out the padawan so that I could take on the Jedi Master by himself. It was surprisingly easy. I didn't even know that his health could reheal. :) I noticed that this strategy helps anytime you need to even the odds in a boss fight.

Just did the fight as Arsenal merc with Mako, beat him first time but it was one hel of a fight.

I didn't know about his defeated padawan healing, I thought it was him so didn't drag him away.

It took ages and was tough but as the last fight of the great hunt I just assumed it was supposed to be tough.

Tbh the constant healing was the only thing that made it hard, if not for that it would've been a 'was that it?' fight

I got it after 3 deaths and i absolutely love the fight. Instead of asking for bioware to lower the dificulty you should make sure you have a good spec, you're using mako ( the best companion by far, no micromanaging) and both of you have decent gear.