The Arrogance of some people

jediharrsion

So I learn today that a guild mate of mine was reported and falsely accused of "Exploiting" because some clueless republic jerk didn't like the fact that they had found a way into there base on Section-X.. Really? I think the guy that reported this should face the same penalty.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To be fair, if your talking about the incident last night in section x, your guild mate got reported for harassment. Which was taking place. It had nothing to do with 'simply being in the base' Edited by Ordo

The incident last night is probably something better left completely as a closed book on both sides. Clearly no one was exploiting, but I don't think spawn camping and repeatedly preventing someone from Fleet Passing out (or leaving by any other means) is anything to be proud of, especially when the individual being camped was only /flagged due to an exploit by a different player (none of the players in the Section X base were involved in the original /flag exploit, they simply unknowingly took advantage of the consequences).

Players who were spawn camping and the players who were exploit /flagging have been reported as such. Those who were just there having fun with open world PvP weren't reported. It's as simple as that.

Anyone reported for "exploiting" their way into the base should rest easy, since no one who understands the terrain thinks that any rules were violated there.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

had i been there you would never leave the spawn area, get killed on respawn/sight i do this to people that are baddies in warzones too. if you can't defend yourself don't flag yourself or pvp. end of story,

We didn't /flag. Here's the full story, for the record…

Aisthesis was grouping up to do a couple 10 stack Dreadtooth farm kills in Section X. None of us were flagged. We made sure of this specifically because /flag can sometimes cause problems getting the Drouk Hunter buff at the start of the fight. We pulled the boss and were in the middle of fighting it when a flagged marauder (who had been taunting us to /flag while grouping up) went and stood within melee range. The anti-griefing mechanism attached to Dreadtooth of course kicked in, but it isn't an auto-kill, especially not at level 55.

As a matter of record, said marauder was not a member of any of the major PvP guilds, nor was he someone that I have seen around much before.

The problem with this is it means that our AoEs immediately started clipping him. I was probably the first one to flag, since I was tanking the boss and, uh, Slow Time. All of our DPS with AoE in rotation (e.g. Shrap Bomb, Flyby, Force Sweep) also almost immediately flagged. This of course caused all of the healers to flag. Immediately, the other flagged imperials who had been watching from a distance started attacking those in the group who had been force /flagged. I happen to know that there were some imperials from more well-known guilds who were trying to call off the ones who were force-flagging us (shout out to all of you; it was appreciated).

Reminder: none of us flagged voluntarily.

The night was a complete flop. Several people released back to spawn, but many people were so angry that they needed to log out and cool off for a while. In the meantime, word got out that "open world PvP" was happening on Section X. This resulted in a number of perfectly respectable PvP guilds showing up and even breaking into the base. Note: I am of the opinion that breaking into the base is perfectly acceptable behavior.

Fast-forward about 20 minutes. Some of the people who were force flagged and had previously released now log back in. They are immediately killed in the base by overwhelming numbers. Release to respawn, dead again. They then used the self-revive and moved to LoS before using Fleet Pass, but several members of the imperial group were still able to see them. Despite actually casting Fleet Pass, they were killed again, followed by some taunting in /say. Eventually, (after repeating this process a few times, moving away from the base), they were able to Rocket Boots in revive stealth to a safe LoS point, where they were able to fleet pass away.

Now, I'm all in favor of open world PvP. Honestly, I am. If our group had flagged voluntarily, then anyone in Section X would have been well within their rights to attack on sight. Red = Dead. I'm also all in favor of attacking even in the base, but when someone is very clearly expressing their desire to simply leave and not participate, further attacks cross the line into harassment and bullying.

Two things were wrong with what happened last night. First and most importantly, the force flagging of most of our ops group through intentionally standing in AoE. We have screenshots of the perpetrator, and they (and their guild) have been reported by everyone involved. Second, the spawn camping and repeated killing of more than one person who was very clearly attempting to leave was also over the line. We don't have screenshots in this case, but we did report the guild and the guild members who's names we remember. There is literally no difference between this sort of spawn camping and what happened back on Ilum for those few days where the opposing bases were accessible (note: bioware hard-banned several accounts after that incident, so it's not like their position on this matter is unclear).

To reiterate: I'm all in favor of open world PvP. Some of the most fun I've ever had in star wars has been participating in such spontaneous events. And for many people involved on imp side, it was such an event since they were entirely ignorant of the dubious circumstances which set it off. What I am not in favor of is exploiting a quirk of the /flag system to force open world PvP on those who don't want it, particularly when they are obviously engaged in some other prearranged activity. I'm not in favor of exploit /flagging, and I'm not in favor of pointless bullying and spawn camping. To anyone who engaged in either of those two activities: you have been reported by nearly three dozen separate players.

To anyone who was just there to have a good time in Section X and engage in a little open world PvP, I hope you had fun. :-)

Edited by KeyboardNinja

the individual being camped was only /flagged due to an exploit by a different player (none of the players in the Section X base were involved in the original /flag exploit, they simply unknowingly took advantage of the consequences).

Since clearly imps can't read.

KBN, that is awful and I hope those people that force flagged and griefed people so that they couldn't even leave get perma banned.

I thought that they had it fixed so that you couldn't flag yourself with AoEs, but I guess not. That is a shame. We play on a PvE server because we only want to engage in PvP at a time of our own choosing either by flagging or entering a warzone, it is sad that some people can force it on others.

Just as an FYI, I showed up after the initial incident and wasn't aware of what happened to get people flagged. I was under the impression that you guys were flagged and got attacked as you pulled... I'm sorry to hear that's what went down, it's unfortunate that Bioware hasn't fixed that mechanic for the PVE servers.

I was vocal about the spawn camping, but to be fair, only a handful of people showed up after I arrived and the only one I saw get camped repeatedly, was a lvl 51, and I put the kibosh on my folks attacking him, but there was more than one group running around. The only actual fighting I did was dueling in your base and then getting pulled into the turrets later when about 25-30 people showed up to kill us.

If you are a guy please remove tampon..... it's a game, toons get killed/ ganked stop ************.

I'd generally agree, but 16 people set aside time for a specific goal and took precautions to make sure what happened wouldn't ruin that.

Surely you can appreciate the difficulty to coordinate that many people...as you're constantly whining about the lack of ranked PvP. Perhaps, you should take your own advice in that regard?

I agree, I love open world PVP. Base assaults are one of my favorite pasttimes, but forcing someone who DID NOT wish to be flagged into PVP isn't good at all, and its *********** annoying.

LOL how would PVPers like it if all of a sudden Nightmare 16man Styrak got transported into the middle of a huttball match and every time people died they got teleported back to styrak repeating the cycle again. Yeah, that's right, you'd hate it.

I agree, I love open world PVP. Base assaults are one of my favorite pasttimes, but forcing someone who DID NOT wish to be flagged into PVP isn't good at all, and its *********** annoying.

LOL how would PVPers like it if all of a sudden Nightmare 16man Styrak got transported into the middle of a huttball match and every time people died they got teleported back to styrak repeating the cycle again. Yeah, that's right, you'd hate it.

Don't stand in the F#$%ing fire Leeroy?

So you're comparing me to nightmare styrak? im flattered :D

Just as an FYI, I showed up after the initial incident and wasn't aware of what happened to get people flagged. I was under the impression that you guys were flagged and got attacked as you pulled... I'm sorry to hear that's what went down, it's unfortunate that Bioware hasn't fixed that mechanic for the PVE servers.

I was vocal about the spawn camping, but to be fair, only a handful of people showed up after I arrived and the only one I saw get camped repeatedly, was a lvl 51, and I put the kibosh on my folks attacking him, but there was more than one group running around. The only actual fighting I did was dueling in your base and then getting pulled into the turrets later when about 25-30 people showed up to kill us.

#respect

And also, I'm glad some Reps who legitimately wanted open world PvP came by and had a smackdown. Like I said, consensual open world PvP is basically the best thing that can ever happen in game.

This is very entertaining to say the least. Reading some of the comments here is just laughable Some of these people are claiming that a FLAG IMP CAN FORCE FLAG A UNFLAGGED REPUB.. This is not true. The true answer here is if a imp sat there trying to flag a unflagged player by using AOE'S they can sit there all day and nothing would happen. if you see a flagged player and you use a aoe on him same thing happen you will not flag yourself. IF YOU USE A REAL ATTACK GUESS WHAT?? Game on you just flagged yourself and if your team helps you out (Now this is for the dread tooth Group) They get flagged aswell.. Long story short "The repubs that are trying to play victim only have themselves to blame" End of story

This is very entertaining to say the least. Reading some of the comments here is just laughable Some of these people are claiming that a FLAG IMP CAN FORCE FLAG A UNFLAGGED REPUB.. This is not true. The true answer here is if a imp sat there trying to flag a unflagged player by using AOE'S they can sit there all day and nothing would happen. if you see a flagged player and you use a aoe on him same thing happen you will not flag yourself. IF YOU USE A REAL ATTACK GUESS WHAT?? Game on you just flagged yourself and if your team helps you out (Now this is for the dread tooth Group) They get flagged aswell.. Long story short "The repubs that are trying to play victim only have themselves to blame" End of story

Yes, because I directly attacked an enemy player while actively tanking ON THE OTHER SIDE OF DREADTOOTH.

I became flagged, and I never attacked anyone. If AoE didn't flag me, then something else did. Also, I know for a fact that an AoE taunt will flag, and the marauder in question was most definitely within range when I used mine on the boss. Believe what you want, but I can assure you that absolutely none of us intentionally flagged and we didn't use a targeted attack on any player until after the group was getting flagged and attacked. There were callouts in mumble specifically on that point, and everyone was already attacking the boss.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

I can't figure out why you guys get poor responses when you ask the community for more ranked involvement. You bring so much positivity to the server. It's mind bottling.

1) L2 English

2) to the guy who said I wasn't involved, yes I was I was on my Operative - Xegaris

3) Are you *********** dumb? I wanted ranked when I was in Next Gen because it's annoying to see good pvp'ers b*tch out of pvp where it actually "matters" I couldn't care less about how the bads feel about the community here, it's a game, if you want to call yourself "good" at it, actually compete where it's supposed to be competitive.