Did operative get a buff??

Uelle

I've been leveling a DPS Scoundrel the last month and haven't seen a big change with 2.6. It's a little better but I had decent 1on1 DPS before too. I think this is more of a case of all the healer ops respeccing to try DPS again.

Like most people have said, huge opener but then they die.

And DPS operative healing is as useless as sorc DPS healing. It's nice it's there but in the time the operative channels it you can do more damage than they heal. If an operative heals they can move or attack so they're dead.

And it's still a harder class to get good DPS than a glowstick warrior. No need for a nerf, just look forward to good players playing them again.

Bottom line: I play solo. My infiltration shadow can own anybody 1v1 if I get the drop on them. I'm not even that good. I'll continue to play what I think is OP and have fun with it.

I understand that different classes have unique abilities and that at a certain point comparisons become apples vs bananas. However, an infiltration shadow has nothing that can make up for a scoundrel's ability to heal and probably superior burst. There is nothing that a sage, guardian, sentinel, blah blah blah can do that makes up for heals + burst + stealth. In 1v1 scenarios, the scoundrel (or just stealth class in general) has the upper hand by a large margin. Therefore, I am being incentivized to make a scoundrel for pvp, along with many others who see it the way I do.

Bottom line: I play solo. My infiltration shadow can own anybody 1v1 if I get the drop on them. I'm not even that good. I'll continue to play what I think is OP and have fun with it.

I understand that different classes have unique abilities and that at a certain point comparisons become apples vs bananas. However, an infiltration shadow has nothing that can make up for a scoundrel's ability to heal and probably superior burst. There is nothing that a sage, guardian, sentinel, blah blah blah can do that makes up for heals + burst + stealth. In 1v1 scenarios, the scoundrel (or just stealth class in general) has the upper hand by a large margin. Therefore, I am being incentivized to make a scoundrel for pvp, along with many others who see it the way I do.

You tank with that shadow in infiltration? I guarantee those taunts are worth more to your team than a dps scoundrel trying to heal.

Lol shadows have nothing to make up no heals. It's called taunting dude, it's like healing but instead the person doesn't take damage. Silly Jedi :o

But have fun playing scoundrel see how fun it really is.

Care to elaborate?

EDIT:

Forget it, allow me. I'll stick to repub terms because that's what I play and know the best.

Shadow: infiltration shadows have stealth and awesome burst, but they do not have heals.

Sage: balance sages have healing abilities, poor burst, no tank. TK sages have good burst at times, but are terrible for pvp for reasons that are obvious to anybody who has played one.

Scoundrel: healing abilities, stealth, and burst.

Hence, a scoundrel can do what a sage and infiltration shadow can do in terms of heals, burst, and stealth.

Actually Shadow's BattleReadiness is a far better heal ability than any DPS scoundrell have

DPS Scoundrell heals are near useless. You cant effectivelly heal with them. And you definetely can`t do any heal while someone attacking you.

Edited by Missandei

Lol shadows have nothing to make up no heals. It's called taunting dude, it's like healing but instead the person doesn't take damage. Silly Jedi

But have fun playing scoundrel see how fun it really is.

I'm very aware of taunts, I use them early and often. I play a shadow and have loads of fun with it (lol infil tank lolol - NOT - I've gone kinetic, infil, and balance). If I can manage the grind (usually takes me about 6 months to level a char, assuming I don't get bored with it in the 30s and leave it to rot), I plan on having similar fun with a scoundrel. I also have a 55 VG tank, which I don't play super often, but it's a lot of fun to reduce damage via guard and taunt.

Anyway, I've played everything except scoundrel/operative, so I'm not clueless as to taunts, tanking, healing, stealth, melee dps, ranged dps.

Actually Shadow's BattleReadiness is a far better heal ability than any DPS scoundrell have

DPS Scoundrell heals are near useless. You cant effectivelly heal with them. And you definetely can do any heal while someone attacking you.

I have a 53 shadow, so I'm familiar with battle readiness. Admittedly, I'm not familiar with a scoundrel. I plan to change that. I know that heals are pretty useless to my sage most of the time (except for the instant heal), unless I manage to run and hide somewhere while healing myself. It's a lot easier to run and hide when you are a stealth. Do scoundrels have an instant heal like sages? If not, oh well. If so...:)

I know it's not real fair to compare a class to a sage (sages are weak in many ways), but being as that's what I play the most, how can I not love a scoundrel? It has the same type of specs (heals or dps) + stealth + better burst. Sure, it's soft as wet paper, but so is the sage (save for force armor) and the sage is out in the open all the time with worse escape abilities.

I also get that in pve, I'm sure a scoundrel is pretty bad due to being soft and in the open. Again, I've played sage, shadow.

Also, I get that dps numbers look poor in warzones for certain classes. But when your burst is high, you're basically reducing somebody's effective hit points since the significance of the time factor is reduced. Hence, your total damage numbers may be lower.

Edited by teclado

Snip

To answer your question: no, we do not have an instant heal.

We have:

Kolto Injection: 2.5s cast time, 25 energy. Not in heal spec, heals for about 3k, 6k if it crits.

Kolto Infusion: 2s cast time, 25 energy and it also costs one tactical advantage, which is our second resource. Heals like 1.5k right away, 3k if crits, and then another 3k or so over 9 secs.

Diagnostic Scan: 3s channeled heal that heals for about 500 a tick if it crits, so like 3k if most of the ticks were to crit. On my tooltip it says 860 over 3 secs.

The thing about operatives though, is that we're a melee class. Casting a 2.5s heal in a melee fight (which costs 1/4th of your energy bar, and does not regen evenly, mind you) is simply not possible in 90% of pvp situations.

That, and to actually LoS or get away from the enemy, we have to burn a bunch of energy using exfiltrate, which will leave us at an even greater handicap when mr enemy catches up.

Trust me, you have to play an operative to understand. Before I had my scoundrel and op, my main was a smash guardian. After experiencing the class, I don't complain about it anymore.

Edited by QuiveringPotato