2.6 Hammer Shot self-healing

king_nile

Obviously, having the ability to self-heal with hammer shot is a nice addition to the Trooper healer, but I noticed one odd thing. You actually have to self-target yourself in order to start casting. If you have no one targeted, you will just get the error message "Target not friendly". Since every other healing ability assumes that if you have no one targeted, its intended to be a self-cast, why doesn't HS work this way? Edited by king_nile

I think it has to do with the fact that it is both an attack and a heal. When you have no target selected and use an attack ability it auto targets an enemy (I think nearest one?). Since hammershot is both an attack, and a heal with the proper cells, it is acting like an attack with no one selected. This was voiced on the PTS forums as well. Would be cool if it acted like a heal with no target selected instead of an attack but they would have to make a special case for that, and well, who knows if that will happen.

I think it has to do with the fact that it is both an attack and a heal. When you have no target selected and use an attack ability it auto targets an enemy (I think nearest one?). Since hammershot is both an attack, and a heal with the proper cells, it is acting like an attack with no one selected. This was voiced on the PTS forums as well. Would be cool if it acted like a heal with no target selected instead of an attack but they would have to make a special case for that, and well, who knows if that will happen.

Ah good point, although I would think that if you have Combat Support stance active your main objective is healing rather than attacking to regenerate ammo.

IMO

I think that this should be fixed. In my opinion the logical thing for Hammer shot to do when no one is targeted is trigger the self heal. As an healer the most common method i use to heal myself is click on the terrain and use an healing ability.

It makes no sense for it to damage the nearest target (that could be controlled by some form of CC for example).

Oh good, I am not the only one who finds this lack of auto target self healing annoying. Now if they could also remove the horrible keyboard 1 button being linked to your right mouse button-thing we would be golden.

Are you referring to the fact that if you click on an enemy twice, you will initiate an attack (HS)?

Edited by king_nile

Are you referring to the fact that if you click on an enemy twice, you will initiate an attack (HS)?
If my Hammer shot was bound to 1 then yes, but it's not. I'm talking about that as a seperate issue on the awkwardness of some of the UI features.

• 2 weeks later...
It was a bug reported on the PTS and ignored by the dev team. The "Self Target Modifier" also does not work with Hammer Shot heals, only manually targeting yourself works.

Yeah, it was my thread. Now it's wiped as well as any onther threads on PTS forums. I also sended ingame bug report. But seems that their resourses are so limited that they fix Cartel Market and Galactic Starfighter bugs only.

Edited by GNWP

Hammer Shot self-heal is great but I never use it because of the requirement to click on myself first. I'm way too used to clicking on terrain to self-heal and every other self-heal works like this, they need to change it

On the purely visual POV, I'm not super crazy about the self-heal animation. Is that really they all could come up with? Was looking forward to some cool self-heal usage of the cannon, instead it may as well be a mail-box call :(

Edited by Pietrastor

Or, they could make 2 abilities, Hammershot, and Kolto Beam (concept name, name it whatever you want) and Kolto Beam would only be useable in Combat Support Cell. and you would just have that as a Self Heal, or base heal for Friendly.

• 4 weeks later...
Hammer Shot self-heal is great but I never use it because of the requirement to click on myself first. I'm way too used to clicking on terrain to self-heal and every other self-heal works like this, they need to change it

On the purely visual POV, I'm not super crazy about the self-heal animation. Is that really they all could come up with? Was looking forward to some cool self-heal usage of the cannon, instead it may as well be a mail-box call :(

One of my guildies is very disappointed that he does not shot himself in the face with his 2 blasters to use the self heal on his merc :D

Seriously though, none of the assault cannon animations are very "oh, awesome" material... sadly....

• 1 month later...