So I've played one Team Deathmatch

EspadaRojo

And when the pubs we were playing got a bit of a lead, they immediately stuck to hanging out way over on the side with their capital ships.

Can we expect to see a lot more of this?

Surely this was to be expected with the inclusion of capital ship turrets.

30 seconds after spawning, you should be tagged so all capital ship turrets will fire on you, regardless of faction. And if you're killed by your own team's capital ship turrets, that should count against your team.

The game is literally less than eight hours old. It's way, way, way,way,way,way too early to make predictions.

Team deathmatch is a few hours older than eight.

There are reasons for random spawn points or raised spawn points that aren't accessible by the other team, and cannot be returned to once exited.

And when the pubs we were playing got a bit of a lead, they immediately stuck to hanging out way over on the side with their capital ships.

Can we expect to see a lot more of this?

Surely this was to be expected with the inclusion of capital ship turrets.

30 seconds after spawning, you should be tagged so all capital ship turrets will fire on you, regardless of faction. And if you're killed by your own team's capital ship turrets, that should count against your team.

LOL! Of course this will be used. Wow...HUGE oversight.

The game is literally less than eight hours old. It's way, way, way,way,way,way too early to make predictions.

Oh hell no dude, I 100% predict that "I" myself will use this strategy. It's foolish that it wasn't thought of lol.

What is the big deal?

Yeah in a DM there should be a spawn timer immunity you would think, and not turrets, but lets say they leave it like this.

Team A sits there doing nothing the entire match.

They do not score any points unless people are stupid enough to attack the swarm so, team B takes turns letting their gunships or fighters taking turns nabbing powerups do quick hit and runs, farming them until they decide to stop the cowardice.

This base camping tactic in a deathmatch should only last as long as the stupidity of the opposing team prevails...

So, come to think of it, yes something should be done, because half the players in GSF are space cowboys stupid enough to keep this a winning strategy, when I think about it, eek :o

What is the big deal?

Yeah in a DM there should be a spawn timer immunity you would think, and not turrets, but lets say they leave it like this.

Team A sits there doing nothing the entire match.

There's the flaw in your reasoning. It's not that team A did nothing all match; it's that they got a tiny lead and then turtled on the capital ships where the enemy has no hope of breaking that lead.

There's the flaw in your reasoning. It's not that team A did nothing all match; it's that they got a tiny lead and then turtled on the capital ships where the enemy has no hope of breaking that lead.

BINGO! This is where I expect to see it abused.

Though if I recall from the earnings tab, victory only gives 150 req. The bulk of req comes from kills and assists. So if a whole team is hiding at their spawn, they may win, but they are going to get very little req for it. They are wasting their time.

I don't know if that logic is enough to stop stupid people, with poor math skills and attention to detail, from doing this, but it is something for the rest of us to keep in mind.

That being said, BioWare should fix this. Get rid of the capital ships. Instead just have four hyperspace beacons on each side to prevent spawn camping.

And it's kind of a stupid tactic. You'd get more requisition even if you lost afterwards if you popped back out and participated in the match.

I haven't spent a point of Req for at least a month. My ship(s) are capped.