WTB, w/ coins, alternate ani's for Consular project and throw - no more junkyard jedi

Dyvim

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please use spoiler tags in case people who have not done all the stories yet read your post.

The only things listed in my post are companion names, which anyone would see running around the fleet anyway, or in many other places. Two years after launch, I really don't think the companion names for a given class, or when they are seen all over the fleet, like Ashara, with lightsabers, really constitutes a "spoiler" anymore, if it ever did. None of the elements of the stories were discussed.

In other words, nothing here is spoiler tag worthy. But thanks for the free bump. :)

lol, no not in packs...packs are terrible. Let us actually buy what we want to buy...jack up the price to the high end of reasonable if EAware has to, but none of this "you are destined to not get what you want in this pack" lottery crap. Let me buy what I want to buy, don't further infuriate and alienate me as a customer...

Other than that, I agree completely, these changes would be GREAT for my shadow, too.

Don't get me wrong I hate packs to. I was merely stating it could be done if need be, just showing how much I really want this:) and I agree the money made if they sold this as direct purchase would be a whole lot more compared to the packs: ) either way let's keep this thread going so there is a chance this can come into reality :D

Don't get me wrong I hate packs to. I was merely stating it could be done if need be, just showing how much I really want this:) and I agree the money made if they sold this as direct purchase would be a whole lot more compared to the packs: ) either way let's keep this thread going so there is a chance this can come into reality :D

lol, well, we agree there. I'm not sure anyone likes the concept of the packs...I would much rather be able to just buy exactly what I want instead of paying pack roulette.

Yes, I hope this gets done, very much. Have the devs ever given any indication in this forum which ideas might get consideration?

lol, well, we agree there. I'm not sure anyone likes the concept of the packs...I would much rather be able to just buy exactly what I want instead of paying pack roulette.

Yes, I hope this gets done, very much. Have the devs ever given any indication in this forum which ideas might get consideration?

never minded the packs, and they did add individual items for sale and lots of people complained about the cost of said items.

and no, devs will never post (unless it has already been released as part of the road map) on whether something will be implemented or not.

never minded the packs, and they did add individual items for sale and lots of people complained about the cost of said items.

and no, devs will never post (unless it has already been released as part of the road map) on whether something will be implemented or not.

True, they have added a lot of items, but many they didn't, like some of the color crystals, some saber hilts, etc. Basically anything that is cartel and god awful priced on the gtn...lol. I would prefer everything, item-wise, be available, if I want it, I don't mind paying for it...its the lottery crap where you pay out money and STILL don't get what you want that I find completely unacceptable, and that is what happens when they put high end items only accessible in packs.

But that is somewhat off topic. Figured they wouldn't, since that would be committing and all, but would be nice to say it is in the realm of possibility. This would be a really nice thing to look forward too...lol.

I feel like the animation proposed for Telekinetic Throw should be "strengthened" a bit.

A stream only as large as one hand/arm is... Not so impressive.

I see it being larger, torso-large like actual Telekinetic Throw, and thicker white streams.

There's also Force Breach, or the egg cracking as some have called it, that I'd like to change, because I find it a bit too hard to "read" in the heat of the battle.

Force Quake could be replaced by "gravity pulses", shown by white arcs (like Thunder Blast purple arc, but less curved) going down from the ceiling to the ground.

To that, there's also the melee moves which are horrible... Double Strike, or Piñata Smash as I call it... Clairvoyant Strike which is an impossible move considering the Shadow's hands position...

I'd like to support, but there's so much ugly/lame things that in fact, I believe the Consular need a total revamp of his appearance.

I feel like the animation proposed for Telekinetic Throw should be "strengthened" a bit.

A stream only as large as one hand/arm is... Not so impressive.

I see it being larger, torso-large like actual Telekinetic Throw, and thicker white streams.

There's also Force Breach, or the egg cracking as some have called it, that I'd like to change, because I find it a bit too hard to "read" in the heat of the battle.

Force Quake could be replaced by "gravity pulses", shown by white arcs (like Thunder Blast purple arc, but less curved) going down from the ceiling to the ground.

To that, there's also the melee moves which are horrible... Double Strike, or Piñata Smash as I call it... Clairvoyant Strike which is an impossible move considering the Shadow's hands position...

I'd like to support, but there's so much ugly/lame things that in fact, I believe the Consular need a total revamp of his appearance.

This is a subject I've thought a lot about, so I apologize for the length of my reply.

Ya know, I agree very much so, but you have to start somewhere. I think at this point in the game, a total consular rework, with new, labor intensive animations, is out of the question since we are in F2P land. Also, there are some players that don't care about the lore that like the junk and rocks and pebbles for various reasons. This game failed, and is on a tight EA cash leash. So there HAS to be money in it for them right away. Back in beta many of us were bitterly disappointed that the sith not only got the cooler stories and cooler companions, but also the better animations...they were just more polished...it was like they made the sith side first, then knew they had to mirror the classes, and the jedi were made sloppy seconds...it reeked of it, with nothing more obvious than the ridiculous, unjedi like consular animations. I mean, when you base a jedi class on junk throwing, which sith did more than jedi, and more than even SITH used lightning in the movies, anyone that has a lore clue should have said, wait a minute, not only do we have a game engine that cant handle this the right way with interactive environments, but these aren't even hallmark jedi moves....this is just stupid....but alas apparently they were short of people who had seen the movies...lol...or played the original kotors (no junk throwing there) or played any of the myriad of other jedi games....

This isn't evercrack or gw2 or some generic fantasy MMO where the ink isn't dry on the mythos...there is 37 or more years of lore and at least 25 years of licensed video games. Not one of them had jedi, especially light jedi, as junk throwing earth shamans (the initial, ragged vagabond armour sets for sages/shadows were also pathetically shamanesque). The VERY first 3d jedi game, DF2 Jedi Knight, got it right, as junk throwing was a darkside power, just like we saw Vader do it. When Yoda was teaching Luke in the swamp on Dagobah, no where did we see him even hint at training him to throw objects as an attack. Ever since ESB, junk tossing, and the temper tantrum anger associated with it (ooh Im mad it you, so I'm going to throw something at you...) has been all about the darkside.

Throw and Project are the bread and butter...for sage and shadow, and are the logical place to start. As I mentioned, the Raina ani could be beefed up considerably for Throw...and it has to be made into a channeled ani, instead of instant...so it has to pulse as long as the channel happens. No big deal, but the ani as is wont cut it, so they can add some particles while they are at it. I see something l like a pulsed disturbance ani that, even. But yeah, something more substantial and powerful feeling...as powerful feeling as lightning...not...pebbles. Or, done right, emerald fire/electric judgment as a throw replacement could be breathtakingly awesome as well. Just like a saber throw could be amazing for a Project replacement. I just keep seeing that saber boomerang back for the second hit on an upheaval proc in my mind and think how awesome that would look.

The one that really bugs me, after project and throw, is the circle o rocks (kinetic ward) for shadows...again, you conjure magic rocks out of the ground...neat trick on a starship. Its just stupid. And the egg shell is next, since it is lame and not as obvious as I would like, but at least the idea behind it, finding the shatterpoints in a target, is more rooted in cool jedi lore than ...rocks, pebbles, and junk. I think at one time for breach I proposed the ani make a force outline of the target, like a glowie mannequin, and then lift it and more dramatically shatter it, as if you were shattering the persons spirit. That could be all kinds of animation cool. And much more obvious. The hand motions for the shadow would be a wave to create the outline, a lifting motion to lift it out and slightly above the target, then a pushing motion to shatter it, so three quick hand motions in rapid sucession.

Think of all the times in the movies obi wan mentioned how blasters were uncivilized...what could be more uncivilized than throwing junk and pebbles at someone, really. Its preposterous as a hallmark, signature moves for a jedi class. That being said, there are still some players that like it, and they get to keep it with this proposal. The rest of us just get an option for something better.

Edited by Dyvim

I'm down

Thx.

I think I mentioned it earlier, but if the devs wanted a little more distinction, they could make Electric Judgment/Emerald Fire more of an arc, more focused, more directed....so it would look something like:

http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q639/knox1709/EmeraldArc.jpg"]http://i1167.photobucket.com/albums/q639/knox1709/EmeraldArc.jpg[/url]

Or, the focused arc could be the replacement for Project, whereas the more diffuse lightning style could ani replace Throw...so many possibilities...lol...

Do not support. Not a productive use of development resources unless it was part of a more comprehensive system to allow all classes to change animations.

You are not one to say if it would be productive for EAWare or not. They will decide that. Compared to emotes, new ani's for rejuvenation, or new skins/sounds/colors for weapons, these suggestions ALL involve ani's or resources that are ALREADY in the game in some way shape or form, as I clearly pointed out...perhaps you just didn't read. So the cartel market would be doing what it does best, reskinning or modding things that are already in the game, but instead giving players access to them and more choice. It is so obvious a blind man could see it. Advocating against player choice in such circumstances is generally a loser.

You like rocks and junk. You get to keep them. But you DON'T get to force everyone else to be stuck with them. Because no one cares what you like or what I like. What does matter is that there is a way to provide players with more choice and alternates to animations that have been snickered at by many people since launch, and represent skills that are used by the Sith more than jedi, anyway. Junkyard jedi have always been silly in relation to the lore, especially when we have seen that if a force user is throwing something at someone, odds are its a sith or darksider. This has been established for decades. So we will see. Many players don't like them, as is obvious in this thread, and many other threads that have been in these forums since the earliest days of beta.

As far as rolling out other new, alternate animations for other classes, there is no reason they coudn't do that as well, if there are others as inappropriate and unpopular as the junk and pebbles. Just like they have added multiple new animations for rejuvenation...imperial medical beds, meditation chambers, gree devices, carbonite, I've lost track of all of them....

Edited by Dyvim

Totally agree, Dyvim. There will always be derps out there who think they can manage the game better than BioWare. It's pathetic. As for throwing junk all the time on the Consulars, I personally disdained it from the very beginning.

It's like their main attack and it looks god awful. I'd much rather prefer something like shards of metal, liquid metal, and/or pellets of metal (and other more creative ways of doing it that doesn't look third world.) I know we are far from the only ones, because my entire guild has complained about it, and we'd gladly pay well for it. Anyway, good luck pushing this through, I believe this one is worthy of it.

Edited by Willjb

You are not one to say if it would be productive for EAWare or not. They will decide that.

Neither are you. You are the one asking for a (particularly silly) change in the status quo. You bear the burden of persuasion.

You have no idea the man-hours this would take. I remember from City of Heroes where they allowed coloring of power effects and that was a grand undertaking. Given the many limitations that have been expressed by the developers, I'm quite sure this is very far on the priority list.

I can only add my voice to the naysayers inside Bioware who KNOW this is a waste of time. Don't like the rocks, play a Sorcerer.

Edited by Master-Nala

Neither are you. You are the one asking for a (particularly silly) change in the status quo. You bear the burden of persuasion.

You have no idea the man-hours this would take. I remember from City of Heroes where they allowed coloring of power effects and that was a grand undertaking. Given the many limitations that have been expressed by the developers, I'm quite sure this is very far on the priority list.

I can only add my voice to the naysayers inside Bioware who KNOW this is a waste of time. Don't like the rocks, play a Sorcerer.

I didn't say I was, I specifically said it was up to EAWare, and they will base it on whether or not they think it will make them money. Reading is your friend. It is hard to persuade someone that cant remember the lore, or the movies, and doesn't read or understand. But hey, you don't like it. I get it. Now, unless you have something constructive, or care to engage in an honest dialogue where you actually take the time to read what's been posted in the thread, well, not much more of a reason for you to be here.

As far as the level of effort, you are right, I do not know exactly, nor do you. What I do know is that this game was built on the concept of mirrored skills. What is the difference between project and shock or lightning and throw? They are impacted by mirrored talents, behave identically stat wise, and are mirrors. Mirrors BASED ON ALTERNATE ANIMATIONS. So the game is designed to have alternate animations for IDENTICAL SKILLS. This is exactly what I am proposing. It is so obvious it is painful to have to state it, but for you I will, and hopefully this time you will read it. Just like the alternate animations for out of combat healing/rejuvenation I cited.

Also, as far as LoE, ALL of these suggestions are already in the game in some way, shape or form...the force bursts are in with animations and icons already. Saber throw...EJ/Emerald fire....all present with tweaks or color adjustments...I specifically tailored my proposal to minimize developer time. But again, as I said, there is a cost/benefit judgment to be made, and EAWare will make it. Your CoH example is meaningless...different game, different engine, different code.

EAWare's priority is to make money. The cartel market is there, IN PART, to provide players with new skins, weapons, emotes, armour skins, etc. Basically to provide players choices in appearance and animations that they are willing to pay for...and that is EXACTLY what this proposal is about.

Finally, again, you make the statement about going to play sith....that is just stupid. This game is based on an IP where to many people the lore matters and the sides of the conflict aren't just interchangeable. Jedi and sith aren't interchangeable. They have differences that matter to fans...that's why basing the consular class on junk and rock throwing is so offensive or inappropriate to so many people. And some people are clearly willing to pay for something different.

Edited by Dyvim

You just don't sound like a reasonable person. I like this idea and have waited for something other than junk and pebbles since I first started playing sage. Let's see, I could leave my guild and my friends, and play in a faction I really don't like, or I could give BW money to provide players with some choice. Yeah, your idea is great. Except it isn't. This thread's idea, however, is very well thought out and presented. I hope it happens.

You just don't sound like a reasonable person.

Who said I was a reasonable person? Must all argument depend on logic? We are human beings not machines, how we feel about things is important. You and the OP dislike these animations, an emotional response. That's fine and fair. I don't like this idea, for some logical reasons, but also just because I don't like the idea.

I like this idea and have waited for something other than junk and pebbles since I first started playing sage. Let's see, I could leave my guild and my friends, and play in a faction I really don't like, or I could give BW money to provide players with some choice. Yeah, your idea is great. Except it isn't. This thread's idea, however, is very well thought out and presented. I hope it happens.

And I do not. Aren't opinions grand? :)

Who said I was a reasonable person? Must all argument depend on logic? We are human beings not machines, how we feel about things is important. You and the OP dislike these animations, an emotional response. That's fine and fair. I don't like this idea, for some logical reasons, but also just because I don't like the idea.

And I do not. Aren't opinions grand? :)

If you expect people to take your positions seriously, reasonableness and logic matter. The OP's dislike is not merely emotional, but appears to be based on solid reasons from lore, canon, the movies, whatever. They are logical. They make sense. All you have to offer is "I don't like it and I don't want anyone else to have it." Personally, when I see junk tossed, I think Vader, and I don't like it. Sure, that is a dislike, but it is rooted in solid fact...baddies threw junk at people, not jedi so much...it isn't a jedi move.

Reasonable people who read this thread will discount your position as unreasonable and treat it as such.

Edited by MirrimFaranth

OMF'inG. I'm glad I revisited this thread, it's too good. Nala must be a dumb kid, or a really dumb adult. Really!@?! Reason based on emotion, rather than logic. Please~~. GT F O. No really. No one takes you seriously, go plague some other thread with your stupid trolldom. Completely agree with the other opinions offered, as it's totally reasonable that which is being proposed. Furthermore, if people want it to be reflected on the Imperial side, say for ex.: let people use red force lightning just like Darth Nihilus' in KOTOR II. That would be pretty awesome, with a simple color change, we get more variation (and of course, players love things that tie into the KOTORs). Edited by Willjb

Who said I was a reasonable person? Must all argument depend on logic? ...

Ugh, just ugh. OK man, have it your way. You just invalidated your posts and prevented anyone from taking you seriously. Have fun trolling. I put some effort into this thread in order to try and improve the game for people, give players some more choice, and keep things in line with the lore and the IP. It's great you don't appreciate that, and feel like just being difficult. You admit junk throwing for jedi isn't lore appropriate, and you say you don't care. Great. Some people do and would like better...and are willing to pay for it. So whatever, knock yourself out with your unreasonableness and emotion...lol.