Why is Revan's mask so expensive?

Lium

It goes for about 10 million credits and up. It is that rare? Seems like lots of people have it.

It was a rare item from an earlier CM (Blockade Runner's I remember) pack. I think you can get it with enough reputation (which again is tied to CM certificates) but that version can not be sold. $10M is not really big amount for some people, also once you get the entire set, you can use it in all your characters (so you may be seeing same guy using it in different toons)

Edited by tanerb

Yep, as the last post says , Revan`s mask is rare now. The masks cartel market packs are old now, and nobody buy it , so and the item is very rare. I remember last 20-30 december 2012. My only goal was to buy this mask, cuz I playing SWTOR only because Im KOTOR and SW fan. I wanted the mask really badly. I farmed credits 2-3 days for it. I bought it from one guy , just for 1.8m :) Now , its 18-20m in GTN. Well, look at the speeder Korrelian... or something. It was 25-30m for over an year .. but now its just 3-4m , cuz its not so rare anymore.

Its like the old cars. If you buy it in 1920-40 year it will cost you just 1-2 month salary, but if you want to buy these cars these days , its 1+ millions cuz its classic and rare (not in production anymore).

Edited by iankalo

The market is flooded and it means nothing to wear it anymore.

Well, 'nothing' is a little harsh. It means something to me, so I'm going to continue wearing it. I don't really care how many other characters are running around in that outifit :)

10 million seems about right. If you can get your hands on a few shipment 1 packs (from the GTN) you may be able to farm enough reputation to get the mask for 100k credits at the rep vendor. Forgot which standing you need concerning rep, but wouldn't be surprised if it was Legend.

Well, 'nothing' is a little harsh. It means something to me, so I'm going to continue wearing it. I don't really care how many other characters are running around in that outifit :)

10 million seems about right. If you can get your hands on a few shipment 1 packs (from the GTN) you may be able to farm enough reputation to get the mask for 100k credits at the rep vendor. Forgot which standing you need concerning rep, but wouldn't be surprised if it was Legend.

Careful there. Shipment 1 packs don't have reputation items. (But Shipment 1 packs have a chance of containing the actual mask.)

Yes, it requires Legend standing with the Contraband Resale Corporation, 10 Cartel Market Certificates and 100k credits.

Edited by KyaniteD

It always meant nothing. Less than nothing. Wearing it says "I'm a major wannabe with no imagination."

Or maybe it just means they like the aesthetic of the outfit. That's the reason I use the robes I got in the packs - I never played KOTOR so not that familiar with Revan. Just like how the robes look dyed.

Edited by horrorfaneightys

VERY VERY rare if you buy if off a player it is gonna cost or buy from the vendor for 8 or ten pack tokens and i think full rep but that copy is bop with a unlock once you have the full set . i need the gloves and belt . I can't afford it atm, its all most 50 mill for those two . i could poly get to gather 50 mill in no time but don't feel like that much work to waste . Edited by tanktest

Or maybe it just means they like the aesthetic of the outfit. That's the reason I use the robes I got in the packs - I never played KOTOR so not that familiar with Revan. Just like how the robes look dyed.

Whatever you say. No skin off my fleshy parts.

Edited by branmakmuffin

Yep, as the last post says , Revan`s mask is rare now. The masks cartel market packs are old now, and nobody buy it , so and the item is very rare. I remember last 20-30 december 2012. My only goal was to buy this mask, cuz I playing SWTOR only because Im KOTOR and SW fan. I wanted the mask really badly. I farmed credits 2-3 days for it. I bought it from one guy , just for 1.8m :) Now , its 18-20m in GTN. Well, look at the speeder Korrelian... or something. It was 25-30m for over an year .. but now its just 3-4m , cuz its not so rare anymore.

Its like the old cars. If you buy it in 1920-40 year it will cost you just 1-2 month salary, but if you want to buy these cars these days , its 1+ millions cuz its classic and rare (not in production anymore).

Koreallis and original one still sells for 18-20 mill or more. the one you are seeing for 3-4 million is a recolor from cartel packs, NOT the same speeder.

that said, yeah, Revan's mask is pretty rare if you cannot get it from rep vendor. and still that rep is now pretty much impossible to get? yeah...

Koreallis and original one still sells for 18-20 mill or more. the one you are seeing for 3-4 million is a recolor from cartel packs, NOT the same speeder.

http://www.gearheadwalls.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/11/461615_krasnyj_goluboj_ferrari_sportkary_Ferrari_1680x1050_www.GdeFon.ru_.jpg

Yeah, there is one big huge stunning 15-20 mill difference between these 2 speeders - just color :rolleyes:

Edited by iankalo

Careful there. Shipment 1 packs don't have reputation items. (But Shipment 1 packs have a chance of containing the actual mask.)

Yes, it requires Legend standing with the Contraband Resale Corporation, 10 Cartel Market Certificates and 100k credits.

Right, my bad, apologies. I completely forgot about that.

My only issue with the mask is the lack of rep to gain it now. I farmed credits to purchase packs for rep to get the mask for about a week. I acquired 6 packs per toon per day and still only reached newcomer standing. It would have been much cheaper to buy the mask at the time (6mil) but I figured having having legend standing would have been better in the long run.

Of course now getting rep is a lot harder and the only thing many want from the revan outfit is the mask. It's of mandalorian design so it works well with PTs or SWs IMO.

If it was in its own cartel collection block like the eradicator mask I would be much happier but of course who knows if that will ever happen.

12mil is steep but remember, if you get it as the cartel item it goes towards collections.

*disgruntled SW player who is still trying to get that mask*

Edited by Prydin_Thule

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.