SWTOR forum legends - the famous and the infamous

kimdante

yeah let the defenders praise themselves in one thread

well, 90% of the people you've listed are only "famous" because they are defenders and so post regularly to scare people off :rolleyes:

Whoa, whoa, whoa... are you insinuating that people who play SWTOR have the gall to post in the SWTOR forums and write positive things about the game that they play? This is outrageous!

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whoa, whoa, whoa... are you insinuating that people who play SWTOR have the gall to post in the SWTOR forums and write positive things about the game that they play? This is outrageous!

It's a travesty! I think we need a term so that we can group all of those people together and insult them!

It's a travesty! I think we need a term so that we can group all of those people together and insult them!

I was thinking the White defenders or bio-knights. In order to counter this, I propose the Aggressors initiative. Aggressors assemble!

This thread will be closed soon. let the shenanigans begin.

Edited by Nickious

Then why don't you simply create one as I did this thread? Ask for forgiveness not permission. ;)

Because I think callout threads are wrong and I don't think it's appropriate to discuss the posters separately from their posts. But if it's going to be done, it should be done fairly. I am objecting to what I consider an unfair standard as to which opinions are allowed to be shared.

I'd like to be clear: I don't think that there is anybody on your list with whom I haven't agreed with at some time, and that I can't see myself ever agreeing with again.

Yeah apparently this isn't America where people can say w/e they want.

You think everyone playing is an American? And even if they were, there is no right to post on these forums, nor is there anything stating you can say w/e you want...in fact, just the opposite is stated as there are rules and limitations to what you're able to say.

I was thinking the White defenders or bio-knights. In order to counter that, I propose the Aggressors initiative. Aggressors assemble!

This thread will be closed soon. let the shenanigans begin.

I'm wondering, why are white knights all portrayed as good guys? And what knight would even wear white armor? It would be pointless. It's not different enough from silver to go through the trouble of painting it. I would think that if anyone wore white armor, it would be as a distraction. Good guys play by the rules, they don't stoop to cheap tricks and theatrics to gain an advantage. I think a white knight would almost have to be a bad guy. It just doesn't seem trustworthy. And if he wants to keep his armor clean and white, that means he's avoiding combat. Which means he's either hiding or sending his comrades in to die first. That doesn't seem like a good guy move. Besides, good guys go with simple silver, which is shiny and virtuous. Or they wear black. They wear black to honor those who have fallen before them in combat. Or to look cool for the kids. Looking cool inspires kids to become knights when they grow up. Good guys are inspirational. And even if it's not to look cool for the kids, it's to look cool for the ladies. Looking cool for the ladies leads to kids. Kids look up to their parents. These kids will want to be cool looking knights dressed in black, just like their fathers. That seems like something a bad guy couldn't care less about.

But I digress. Back on topic: if you see a knight, wearing white, black, or silver, you're probably at a renaissance festival. Please go buy me a turkey leg and a pint of ale. Thanks.

You think everyone playing is an American? And even if they were, there is no right to post on these forums, nor is there anything stating you can say w/e you want...in fact, just the opposite is stated as there are rules and limitations to what you're able to say.

I was just making a 'Murica Joke.

Um...forgive me for pointing this out, but, YOU have been the one fawning all over Andryah. YOU are the one who has brought her up repeatedly.

And again, your bias is why this thread is a mistake.

TUX, Sir you are hitting nothing but homeruns on this day.

There are few people earnestly trying to bait you across the line kimdante.

Keep taking the high road, IMO, and stay above the nonsense.

So.. been a while since anyone offered up any new nominations.....surely someone has people they feel deserve a friendly shout out. It will help drown out the attempts to derail the thread some. :)

I don't want to be rude, but I don't feel those other posters should be listed along side myself. I deserve my own thread.

Original poster, can you please edit my name out of this thread.

Thanks in advance.

Would the creation of a separate "Professional Gaming Legend" tier with the one-and-only SirCopperfield its sole member be an acceptable alternative? Just a suggestion ;)

Edited by DarthDymond

I don't want to be rude, but I don't feel those other posters should be listed along side myself. I deserve my own thread.

Thanks in advance.

Finally, sanity returns :)

Would the creation of a separate "Professional Gaming Legend" tier with the one-and-only SirCopperfield its sole member be an acceptable alternative? Just a suggestion ;)

Nobody on this list was playing MMO's in 1995 like I was.

Nobody on this list stormed Lord British's castle and got a perma ban for killing the King.

Nobody on this list left their wife like I did, just so they could game more.

So yes folks, I'm a little bothered that I'm being listed with the commoners.

Edited by SirCopperfield

There are few people earnestly trying to bait you across the line kimdante.

Keep taking the high road, IMO, and stay above the nonsense.

Andryah, like water rolling off a duck's back. :) I maintain, this is a shout out thread pure and simple. No harm was done. Although it's been a privilege seeing some of the forum warriors all make appearances here sharing their praise, criticisms, and sentiments.

This entire thread is a violation. What's your point? You, Andy, have made quite the rep for yourself by attacking others, Again, what's your point? Oh wait -- :). There we go. Much better now isn't it?

Presenting facts, reason, logic, and even argument in the face of hyperbole, frustration, and general exaggeration =/= attacking others. Some people think or feel it does, but that is an opinion not a fact. Nor does offering opinions that contradict someone else opinions, coupled with detailed reasons as to why. But I do understand that some people do not like or accept such things in a discussion forum. Which is ironic IMO. Some people even get angry and take other peoples opinions personally.... which IMO is kind of immature.. but hey.. their mind, their emotions, they own their feelings, not me.

At the end of the day.. it's a discussion forum. We are not intended to all agree on anything by default.. nor even agree on anything in unanimity. We are not even required to like each other... only conduct our commentary within the forum rules.

As for what is/is-not a personal attack on anyone, by anyone... I am happy to let the moderators deal with that. That is what the /report button is for. Same goes for "call outs".

Edited by Andryah

Which has absolutely nothing to do with this thread topic or the thread contents. You know this.

In other words, the source of the issue for you expressing yourself is not this thread.. but what you want to say in response to it. You want to attack other players openly and in violation to the rules of the forum, don't you? But I give you credit for understanding that you cannot do so, and refrain. That is precisely why there are rules, and moderation to administer them. Most all of us have to restrain ourselves in order to stay within the forum rules.

If the thread topic is "OPs opinion of certain posters", than disagreement with OP's selection of which posters to mention, and why, is most definitely on topic.

To be clear, I do not *want* to attack anybody. *IF* I was to discuss the "worthiness" of posters, I would probably have a mixture of positive and negative things to say about everybody named by the OP. The fact that *I perceive* BW's stance on this to be "say nice things ok, disagree with nice things bad" makes me focus on the negative things I would say because those are the ones I feel that BW is prohibiting me from saying.

In short, I see a difference between wanting the ability to fully/fairly participate in a discussion and whether or not I would actually want to be part of a specific discussion as two separate issues.

I'm wondering, why are white knights all portrayed as good guys? And what knight would even wear white armor? It would be pointless. It's not different enough from silver to go through the trouble of painting it. I would think that if anyone wore white armor, it would be as a distraction. Good guys play by the rules, they don't stoop to cheap tricks and theatrics to gain an advantage. I think a white knight would almost have to be a bad guy. It just doesn't seem trustworthy. And if he wants to keep his armor clean and white, that means he's avoiding combat. Which means he's either hiding or sending his comrades in to die first. That doesn't seem like a good guy move. Besides, good guys go with simple silver, which is shiny and virtuous. Or they wear black. They wear black to honor those who have fallen before them in combat. Or to look cool for the kids. Looking cool inspires kids to become knights when they grow up. Good guys are inspirational. And even if it's not to look cool for the kids, it's to look cool for the ladies. Looking cool for the ladies leads to kids. Kids look up to their parents. These kids will want to be cool looking knights dressed in black, just like their fathers. That seems like something a bad guy couldn't care less about.

But I digress. Back on topic: if you see a knight, wearing white, black, or silver, you're probably at a renaissance festival. Please go buy me a turkey leg and a pint of ale. Thanks.

White knights are typically portrayed as antagonist most of the time, maybe to portray self-righteous indignation or to be a start contrast to other symbolic features of the color white.

Would you like a side of cranberry and stuffing? Damn now I'm hungry.

Edited by Nickious

Thanks in advance.

You have requested to be removed Sir Copperfield and I respect your wish. Done and done!

Thanks in advance.

Well if you really think you deserve your own thread create it. Everyone already knows you know how to make your own threads.

:rolleyes: