SWTOR forum legends - the famous and the infamous

kimdante

I would agree about Scarlet Blaze. She was the first one I met on the forums and I have never seen her being rude or disrespectful to anyone even if she disagrees. I was very lucky to meet her and then become a guild member in her guild.

She seems to keep a calm attitude but of course she tends to not like attention to herself. She is like that here on the forums and in her guild.

She tends to stay back in the shadows unless there is something that she needs to say.

Anyways just my opinion for what it is worth.

Get's my vote as well. I always enjoy SBs posts. :)

• Replies 680
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TUXs im surprised u didn't make the list. ur def one of the more frequent posters in the forums. id say up there with andryah. ur call to fame???? bein a cool cat lol.

Thank you :) I'm humbled you think so!

As for the list - I'm one of multiple THOUSANDS of people here. The truth is, I really just agree or disagree with the majority of people...I just give my opinion on their topics. The people who start the threads, write the guides, run the numbers, dream up ideas...those are the truly worthy people imo.

That (the yellow part) means a lot to me. Thank you. It's nice to know that what I try to convey (respect for others) is returned.

My pleasure. I do often agree with you, but even in cases where I don't I appreciate that your point of view is reasonable and well-substantiated and never childish or rude.

So is this thread "patting ourselves on the back", as some have claimed? Yep, to an extent. But there can be so much flaming and such that I think it's a fine idea to commend those posters that are a tribute to the community and elevate the overall level of civility and discourse.

So is this thread "patting ourselves on the back", as some have claimed? Yep, to an extent. But there can be so much flaming and such that I think it's a fine idea to commend those posters that are a tribute to the community and elevate the overall level of civility and discourse.

IMO.... virtual Campfire Kumbaya > perpetual Rochambeau Tournaments any day. :)

Edited by Andryah

Thank you :) I'm humbled you think so!

As for the list - I'm one of multiple THOUSANDS of people here. The truth is, I really just agree or disagree with the majority of people...I just give my opinion on their topics. The people who start the threads, write the guides, run the numbers, dream up ideas...those are the truly worthy people imo.

I had to kind of smirk at the "I agree or disagree with majority of people" that sir, called a tautology. :D I know what you meant and tend to concur that is how you approach things for the most part.

That being said, there are some threads started that really are only started to push people buttons and stoke the flames. You could add their names here but think we mostly know who they are (were?) and unfortunately have had so many name changes that its hard to give them a single identity.

I think having a solid strong (and even heated) debate is a good thing, but eventually many of these threads are not meant to be an "open" debate, rather a agree with me lest ye be a "defender".

PVP spiritual mentor and mighty warrior, L-Randle, has been added to the list of champions.

As has TUXs, who is widely considered to be a cool dude. It would be foolish to not recognize such accolades.

Edited by kimdante

Good morning friends!

I want to thank everyone for keeping this thread civil :) Threads like this border pretty close to "a call out thread" and can spiral into badness. Since everyone is playing nice and most of this thread is just folks entertaining themselves, I am going to keep it here. I will keep an eye on it though and if it starts to take a turn for the worst we will have to remove it.

Keep the fun alive, happy Thursday.

-eric

PLEASE remove this thread, it is the most offensive thing I've ever seen in these forums. If civility should preclude us from arguing the OPs point, civility should preclude the OP from getting to make it. The OP's post is just a list of names of posters whom she respects, and is just as bad as a list of names of people she doesn't respect would be.

Edited by eartharioch

PLEASE remove this thread, it is the most offensive thing I've ever seen in these forums. If civility should preclude us from arguing the OPs point, civility should preclude the OP from getting to make it. The OP's post is just a list of names of posters whom she respects, and is just as bad as a list of names of people she doesn't respect would be.

Meh...there is no harm being done, and some of these people deserve recognition. ex, Dulfy.

There is absolutely no harm in recognizing members of the community who have contributed their efforts to the continuation of this game that we all play and love, who have taken the time to share their knowledge of the game with the community especially to it's newcomers, or whom have made us laugh in some form or fashion through their wit and good humor.

Edited by kimdante

I don't see anything offensive with this. This is for the most part been a positive thread which is very unusual lately and is a refreshing change.

Some of the individuals on the list have contributed much to the forums. The OP is just bringing some recognition to those that have done things in the forums.

When you respect someone you would like to see them get the recognition they deserve. This is something that brings something different to the forums and I think it is a refreshing change.

Of course that is only my opinion. Have a nice day.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

There is absolutely no harm in recognizing members of the community who have contributed their efforts to the continuation of this game that we all play and love, who have taken the time to share their knowledge of the game with the community especially to it's newcomers, or whom have made us laugh in some form or fashion through their wit and good humor.

There is most definitely harm if a poster can say 'person A is good for the community" if I disagree with that statement but am [made to feel that I am] not allowed to publicize my disagreement.

I don't see anything offensive with this. This is for the most part been a positive thread which is very unusual lately and is a refreshing change.

Some of the individuals on the list have contributed much to the forums. The OP is just bringing some recognition to those that have done things in the forums.

When you respect someone you would like to see them get the recognition they deserve. This is something that brings something different to the forums and I think it is a refreshing change.

I can understand some of the antipathy aimed at this thread, despite the fact that I'm listed in the original post.

No one likes to feel 'less' than others and popularity contests are horrible things. Singling out posters, no matter how good your intentions are, can make others feel...over looked and less well-regarded.

To be completely and utterly honest, and this is just 'my' opinion, there are simply too many solid posters on this forum to ever put together a comprehensive list of those who deserve recognition for their contributions.

It's only positive because disagreement isn't allowed.

To be completely and utterly honest, and this is just 'my' opinion, there are simply too many solid posters on this forum to ever put together a comprehensive list of those who deserve recognition for their contributions.

I agree 100% Infernixx. Hopefully this thread, or future threads, may be a medium in which forum members can express their appreciation of some of the efforts others have made. As I previously stated, I'm relatively new to this forum and I am sure I have missed a lot of folks here. I simply wanted to recognize the few that have impressed and entertained me.

As for disagreement, I am pretty sure as long as it's civil, why wouldn't it be allowed?

Edited by kimdante

I can understand some of the antipathy aimed at this thread, despite the fact that I'm listed in the original post.

No one likes to feel 'less' than others and popularity contests are horrible things. Singling out posters, no matter how good your intentions are, can make others feel...over looked and less well-regarded.

My objections are entirely to the nature of the post (it's a call-out thread). I would be just as offended had I been listed. I am deliberately not arguing the merits of the people listed because that would be circular logic.

I hated this BS in high school, I hate it when I get exposed to it in the corporate and academic worlds, and I hate it whenever and wherever I see it.

Edited by eartharioch

Lol. Your thread looks like biowares attempt to please everyone with content going in all directions.

It should be an exclusive list with valid opinions supported with reason and inviting others to do the same. Instead, we have a forum pageant going with too many conflicting opinions and a biased OP.

Everyone put on your sparkles and glitter.

I agree 100% Infernixx. Hopefully this thread, or future threads, may be a medium in which forum members can express their appreciation of some of the efforts others have made. As I previously stated, I'm relatively new to this forum and I am sure I have missed a lot of folks here. I simply wanted to recognize the few that have impressed and entertained me.

As for disagreement, I am pretty sure as long as it's civil, why wouldn't it be allowed?

Do you want me to politely tell you which people you listed I think are detrimental to this community, and why, in this post? With few exceptions, most of the people you listed are very controversial posters, and many people have extremely negative opinions of them.

Edit: You can show appreciation for a poster's efforts by posting links to the original posts or otherwise citing them in other threads if the questions get asked again, or by participating in the original discussions, even if it just to say that you agree. Making an essentially arbitrary list of posters and general feelings you have about them makes the posters themselves the subject of your discussion.

Edited by eartharioch

Oh yeah, well I'm making a list of people who happen to be Infernixx, how's that for not singling people out :p

List of people who are Infernixx: *shoots confetti*

• Infernixx

(This is directed at no one in particular) Seriously though, I completely disagree with the idea that you can't single people out just because someone gets left out. I dislike it because that line of reasoning leads to things like "everyone gets a trophy" and "everyone's special". Well, not everyone deserves a trophy, and not everyone is special, and not everyone deserves recognition for things, so suck it up buttercup. And it's true, you can't go out and recognize everyone who may deserve it, but that doesn't mean you can't give recognition for those who you feel you should, just because it leaves others out.