The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Electro net

cantstopmeh

I thought moves of this nature were implemented, like the Stack, from Magic the gathering. If I hit you with a move that stops movement abilities, and after you popped "heads up" it was too late. Once Electro net is in place it would supersede any moves that would usually counter electro net.

Yeah. I'm not sure. Would have to be tested. Another variable between heads up and hold the line, though; is you have to activate hold the line. Heads up is passive and just occurs when entrench ends/

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Force barrier is considered "high mobility escape act".......Phase walk is an escape of course force barrier it is not.

Net disables any mobility or anything that can remove it. That cursed net is getting smarter, first it disabled mobility now its disabling anything that can stop it. It'll be disabling CC breakers next.. We must stop this net before it becomes to powerful!

I wouldn't go THAT far, but it is extremely powerful. Now if they don't have their breaker up, then yes, it's an "I win" button.

Not Really, against a Sin stealther maybe, but for me Electro Net doesnt do anything to me because I am a Lethality Operative with the 2 Piece Enforcer PvP Set Bonus which makes my Evasion skill last 5 seconds, which is almost 5 seconds of 100% invincibility, in fact the only thing that can hurt me is a Tech or Force attack that isnt a DoT, which are rare.

Not Really, against a Sin stealther maybe, but for me Electro Net doesnt do anything to me because I am a Lethality Operative with the 2 Piece Enforcer PvP Set Bonus which makes my Evasion skill last 5 seconds, which is almost 5 seconds of 100% invincibility, in fact the only thing that can hurt me is a Tech or Force attack that isnt a DoT, which are rare.

Not true, you can be dotted up after you pop evasion- only the initial activation cleanses existing dots. Also, grav round and demo round are not rare lol. But net is fine.

... in fact the only thing that can hurt me is a Tech or Force attack that isnt a DoT, which are rare.

Leaving aside the fact that you can be dotted again right after hitting Evasion (it doesn't give immunity from dots), there are actually one or two non-dot Tech/Force attacks you may have overlooked. Here are a few of the more important ones (Imp names only, and there are many more):

Force Lightning

Shock

Force Scream

Heatseeker Missiles

Tracer Missile

Death Field

Fragmentation Grenade

Backstab

Overload

Shiv

Laceration

Discharge

Explosive Dart

Hidden Strike

Explosive Probe

Wither

Chain Lightning

Flame Burst

Orbital Strike

oh, and nearly forgot...

Smash.

So I would say that, on balance, your statement that non-dot Force/Tech attacks were "rare" was a little inaccurate.

Edited by Wainamoinen

I wouldn't go THAT far, but it is extremely powerful. Now if they don't have their breaker up, then yes, it's an "I win" button.

Agreed. If either a an assassin or operative cannot kill a Gunnery/Arsenal spec Commando/Merc while Electronet is on cooldown ... then maybe they shouldn't be playing a stealth class. Without electronet, both stealth classes have everything they need to counter a Gunnery/Arsenal commando/merc. Electronet is the only thing that gives Arsenal/Gunnery a better playing field when caught alone.

EN certainly helps in taking down a healer, but it can be mooted in some situations, so I don't believe it's over-powered. If a healer can quickly LoS + cast a few self-heals, then they can shrug it off and keep moving (Op healers are very slippery that way). Also, if the target is able to remain stationary for the first half of EN's duration without taking too much damage in the interim, they'll live to fight some more.

So EN's effectiveness is very situational; it helps, but it's not a guaranteed kill. Speaking from the perspective of gunnery spec, a commando doesn't have enough interrupts and hard stuns for his dps rotation alone to burn down a good Op healer (all other factors being equal). Even with EN, it takes at least some help to get the job done (although it's a different story with sorc and merc healers).

While the optimal use of EN is against healers in a team setting, it's also a quick and dirty fix for other scenarios: e.g. when trapped in a dps race with another ranged class, when solo guarding a node, when jumped by stealth dps (especially assassins, at least until Ops get their buff). The trick isn't to save it exclusively for healers necessarily (although that's a good default protocol), but to learn where and when to apply it to maximum effect and which saves you a trip back from the respawn area.

Obviously not everyone is going to following a strict code, but generally E-Net should be saved for downing healers. Its not a 'use on cooldown for extra damage' ability, tho the average player treats every cooldown that way it seems.

As far as comparing Smash to E-Net, there is no comparison. They have completely different functions.

TBF it's also an excellent peel for your own healer, especially whwn used against specs like carnage marauder (so the healer can run and h2f without getting immediately leapt to).

My own guild uses Enet in this way and it is quite effective. Sadly too many pugs lack the degree of awareness necessary to properly use Enet outside of a "kill marked healer" situation.