The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

SWTOR Is Due For A Couple New Classes...Your Pick?

Josewales

Imperial Beastmaster.

The ability to snare, trap, and train any animal in the game.

Use these animals as pets, either just to follow you or fight for you.

The ability to gather animal DNA and copy any animal in the game.

A skill that can allow you to summon nearby creatures and command them to attack any target ( a nice pvp thing)

I know other games have done this but it would be so fun in swtor. It could even be a seperate trainable thing with its own ui window like the profession window. Using all these abilities trains the skill higher until you cap it at 450 thus becoming a beastmaster ( a title would be fitting)

I would totally be all sucked up into something like this if it were to ever become a reality. One can always dream.

Old Jedi, modeled after the episode IV Obi-wan.

It can be the designated underpowered class. That way, if anybody complains about their class, people can just point to the old jedi class and say that it's not as bad as that one.

Special abilities include:

- Poor Vision. Lightsaber attacks have a 20% chance of hitting a nearby target, friendly or otherwise (includes self).

- Sacrifice. Allowing yourself to be killed allows your companion or nearest ally to evade up to four attackers.

- Hip Failure. Movement has a 5% chance of hip failure, causing the player to be stunned permanently until respawn.

- Napping. Playtime exceeding one contiguous hour results in napping, making the player unable to move unless /whispered by somebody within 5m. Napping will resume within 30s unless continuously /whispered.

Old Jedi, modeled after the episode IV Obi-wan.

It can be the designated underpowered class. That way, if anybody complains about their class, people can just point to the old jedi class and say that it's not as bad as that one.

Special abilities include:

- Poor Vision. Lightsaber attacks have a 20% chance of hitting a nearby target, friendly or otherwise (includes self).

- Sacrifice. Allowing yourself to be killed allows your companion or nearest ally to evade up to four attackers.

- Hip Failure. Movement has a 5% chance of hip failure, causing the player to be stunned permanently until respawn.

- Napping. Playtime exceeding one contiguous hour results in napping, making the player unable to move unless /whispered by somebody within 5m. Napping will resume within 30s unless continuously /whispered.

Ok......I Lol'ed ..... outloud...at work....

thanks. :p

Imperial Beastmaster.

The ability to snare, trap, and train any animal in the game.

Use these animals as pets, either just to follow you or fight for you.

The ability to gather animal DNA and copy any animal in the game.

A skill that can allow you to summon nearby creatures and command them to attack any target ( a nice pvp thing)

I know other games have done this but it would be so fun in swtor. It could even be a seperate trainable thing with its own ui window like the profession window. Using all these abilities trains the skill higher until you cap it at 450 thus becoming a beastmaster ( a title would be fitting)

I would totally be all sucked up into something like this if it were to ever become a reality. One can always dream.

God I love... LOVE.. this idea. As a former Hunter player in WOW I am 100% behind this. What would the Republic counterpart be? Republic Ranger perhaps?

Edited by kimdante

They're not adding new classes. I don't think you understand how time consuming and expensive that would be. You say most MMOs get new classes every few years, but this isn't just any MMO. Nearly everything in this game is completely voiced. Think about that. Edited by Pingonaut

Here's my class idea I posted a long time ago.

Republic Version: Republic S.I.S.

Weapons: Blaster Rifle, Vibroknife

Main Stat: Cunning and Aim (Balance of Both)

Advanced Class: Dead Eye

Weapons: Sniper Rifle, Vibroknife

Pure DPS

Advanced Class: Secret Agent

Weapons: Techstaff, Vibroknife, Shield Generator

Tank/DPS

Empire Version: Imperial Soldier

Weapons: Blaster Rifle, Shotgun

Main Stat: Aim and Cunning (Balance of both)

Advanced Class: Heavy Gunner

Weapons: Assault Cannon, Shotgun

Pure DPS

Advanced Class: Black Operative

Weapons: Techblade, Shotgun, Shield Generator

Tank/DPS

This lets the Republic and Empire side get to make use of Sniper Rifles and Assault Cannons and gives Techblades and Techstaves a purpose outside of Aim Tank/DPS companions.

If they did a large expansion that added another say 10 levels then they could add new advanced classes that you choose at 55. So all the old stuff could remain unchanged and they'd only need to new class specific stuff for levels 55-65.

Although to be honest I think the existing classes have pretty much everything covered. Now If they wanted to introduce a mobile ranged healing stealth special ops Vanguard with personal teleporter then I could be convinced we need more advanced classes.

Edited by TrigPt

How I would like to see a new class:

Massive Expansion with Kashyykk.

Wookie Warriors for Republic and Trandosan Hunter as the Imperial mirror class

Each class would have there own respective class stories that begin on Kashyyk and head to the capital planets from there, or even create another new planet before send there questline to the balmorra/nar shadda mix.

new class means many things, not just new voice actor x2 (male/female)

probably means new primary stat, new incorporation of role within pvp and pve, fine tuning damage/heal/tank abilities, 5 new skill trees, and writing a main story quest arc for the class, and a bunch of other logistics.

All that said I agree that the game needs a new class and hope it comes, but EA is cheap as hell so I doubt it'll happen.

I think new AC's for existing classes is more likely, but even that is probably a long shot.