Thankyou for Rakghoul event

Icestar

From somone that was present during the last Rakghoul event I must say that I enjoy this new one.

You held up your side and let us use our old DNA samples to be handed in to canisters.

You held up your side and created something that is fun

and

You created a ops where players get boosted and can join in on the fun

All in all, thankyou from someone that has been around on the forum since 02.01.09 and pre-order.

Keep up the good work, I hope that the nice voice overs does not run out since I did not expect them on this event. Keep them comming

*a big hug to the DEVs and all those involved here on the forum*

Edited by Icestar

/signed.

I'm having a blast w/ this one. I wish it was longer than one week @ a time (I REALLY want that infected Veractyl), but even so, I know that waiting for the rep gains will just make me look forward to it that much more. It's nice to see a Heroic 4 that actually requires four people & a raid that bolsters.

Also, very nice touch w/ the infection daily. Probably my favorite part, lol. :rak_03:

~Xythius

Edited by Xythius

/signed.

I'm having a blast w/ this one. I wish it was longer than one week @ a time (I REALLY want that infected Veractyl), but even so, I know that waiting for the rep gains will just make me look forward to it that much more. It's nice to see a Heroic 4 that actually requires four people & a raid that bolsters.

Also, very nice touch w/ the infection daily. Probably my favorite part, lol. :rak_03:

~Xythius

Heh. Got the infection daily completed in one shot completely by accident. It made me laugh.

I was afraid I would struggle through the event as a mid-level soloer, but I've been able to make some progress, so I'm pleased.

I've not had any other players give me the plague, but I don't hang out at fleet.

Great XP for my lowbie, that is for sure. I'm quite happy with the fact that unlike the Gree Event my lowbie can participate.

I disagree, I find the event is not fun and badly designed. It amplifies the pvp flag design flaw, is in a very confined area, the quests are simplistic and lazy and the infection system is making a lot of people mad.

I'm glad you enjoy it though!

The game could be designed to mail everyone a full set of 78 gear once they hit 55 and some people would get mad.

There's nothing anyone can do in this game that won't offend and outrage at least a handful of people.

As to the design, you might find it simplistic and think that it's lazy, but opinions are awesome in that all are equally invalid.

But, hey, glad you're having fun with the event.

/sign,

Its weird, we shouldn't be so positive, this is an mmo after all :)

I've been very positive about this game since I came back to it. I left just after the last Rakghoul event to troll around some other MMO's and am really glad I decided to give this another go.

Big raspberry for Rakghoul event. Freeze, cough, cough. Most aweful event ever. Freeze, cough, cough. Rewards the griefers and jerks and penalizes their victims. Freeze, cough, cough. Also penalizes everyone who does not want to participate. Freeze, cough, cough Makes for boring play for non event participants. Freeze, cough, cough.

Had a lot of fun during this event, thank you Bioware Austin keep up the good work :)

I especially like the art and design of the tunnels :D

It's always good to see fresh content draw in a ravenous mob of players eager to devour the content. Makes grouping up for heroics, WB kills and OPs so much easier.

I think many of the players citing the original Rakghoul event as better are wearing rose tinted glasses. SWTOR was just out of the box and it was the first event released. At the time I had one character at max level and a couple more in their high 20s, for this event I have 10 level 55s is it no wonder that nothing in the game feels fresh to some players if they've been around since launch and have multiple alts ;)

It also had:

• Forced PvP (had to go into Outlaws den for one of the WB kills and AOE flagging)
  • People exploding on fleet contaminating those that didn't want to play.

In addition (and thankfully the Devs seem to have listened to the feedback) it had:

• A limited roll out of quests (couldn't really afford to miss more than a couple of days of the event if you wanted the full set of reward gear)
  • Gear that was only available for that one event for a very limited period of time (I didn't have any Republic characters at that time and it still irks me that while I have 4 full sets of the Imperial containment suit I don't have any of the Republic one)
  • Gambling packs for companion customisation that were bind on pickup to your legacy (Really wanted an infected Torian customisation at the time, never got it although I had about a dozen Doc ones - see my note about not having any Rep characters ;) )
  • Quests in the same game area as levelling (although the crash site may have just been a couple of Sand Crawlers prior to the launch, never really paid attention to that part of the Dune sea pre-event as I only had Imperials that were high enough level to be on Tatooine)

Edited by Vhaegrant

Heh. Here it is Saturday my time and I'm already worried about the event ending so quickly. That is a good sign. Thanks BW the vent is a lot of fun. But... can we extend it to 2 weeks next time?

Also, as there are going to be other planets involved will the planets be in a rotation? Which one is next?

Heh. Here it is Saturday my time and I'm already worried about the event ending so quickly. That is a good sign. Thanks BW the vent is a lot of fun. But... can we extend it to 2 weeks next time?

Also, as there are going to be other planets involved will the planets be in a rotation? Which one is next?

I really hope they return this event very soon, or even extend it for a week.

It is a good event that can be evolved into something real cool, imagine more bosses and a "underground movement" of infected that spread from planet to planet.

Dr Lokin made it, why cant more :rak_03:

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.