Empire - republic balance

kjekkealex

Ive played on alot of different servers, and they all seem to be the exact same. Empire is winning everytime in PVP.

Is it so much more Empire players then republic?

or is it just that Republic got all the Dmg-dealers and dont care about the objectives?

i can change to play empire, but what is the fun in that. Many people have probably done that because of republics pvp win ratio.

do somone play on a server where Republic is winning, or is all the same?

Edited by kjekkealex

Not true. I'm on republic and I would say I have about a 50/50 ish win rate in pugs, maybe a little less like 45 win rate. And some of those losses come against other republic teams when we play huttball. But I think I may be on the only server where republic slightly outnumbers empire.

Not true. I'm on republic and I would say I have about a 50/50 ish win rate in pugs, maybe a little less like 45 win rate. And some of those losses come against other republic teams when we play huttball. But I think I may be on the only server where republic slightly outnumbers empire.

what server is that?

Brackets are the solution for sure.

However with such mirrored classes and abilities, they should allow faction changes.

Would be a cool gesture to implement it into the already existing light/dark system.

At the same time give players the option to pay for a faction change.

Also, set up an automated system that gives the lower pop on a server a bonus to exp, medals, and hp by a % relative to the imbalance.

I don't have any scientific data, but I feel like republic on my server is losing about 60-70% of the warzones. It's definitely less than 50/50. The first day I tried PvP I think I went 0-10 or so before I stopped. Granted I was only level 15 or so at the time so I probably wasn't helping much, but I was queueing solo and doubt is was my fault alone. Empire does seem to have a more prominent PvP presence on our server, and significantly better organization (more premades, maybe?) in completing warzone objectives.

I have lost like 4 Warzones since this game started.

One Huttball and few Voidstars... but that's cuz it was like 3 AM and we were all half asleep. There is plenty of higher level Imps on this server but the reason we rolled Republic was to smash them... and it's working out.

anyone know a server in EU that has 50/50 republic and empire players and pvp wise?

searched for a server for a long time, alot of the servers are flooded with kids, russian/scandinavian/polish and caps lock in chat.

Looking for a server with people with manners :D

Republic on Swiftsure, just using last night as an example, were winning about 1 of 8 matches. My observation was that there were more that play pvp organized and their were some teams pretty high level. I like a challenge but this was stupid. I'm with the person that said why switch sides to other faction when it makes it worse overall. In some ways the extremely annoying WoW trolls had a point. The pvp is given more thought.

I like this game a lot but it needs some of that +million subscriber money invested back into the game quickly.

Edited by bradadad

Its hard to tell when you only play warzones and have such a small sample size. On Port Nowhere, it seems there are multiple quality republic guilds. I usually am playing with a group of 3-4 from my guild and Id say we win at least 50/50 in warzones. Open world will be fun and i think more of a challenge where the Empire can use their numbers advantage.

I have lost like 4 Warzones since this game started.

One Huttball and few Voidstars... but that's cuz it was like 3 AM and we were all half asleep. There is plenty of higher level Imps on this server but the reason we rolled Republic was to smash them... and it's working out.

Server? :D

I'm on The Harbinger (Republic) and I haven't won a single WZ yet. Between my 2 characters I'd say I'm 0-12, but don't know for sure. I am average, maybe a little above, I'm not sure I should be around the top of the boards as much as I am. I've played pretty good, and seen good play by the others on my teams, but we just haven't won yet.

I haven't tried PvP on my one Imperial character yet, I'll have to give that a shot when I think about it.

On Kinrath Spider Empire was dominating nearly every warzone played. However the last 2 days the Rep's have finally been putting up a better fight and I was actually losing matches for awhile.

I think maybe Empire just had more people which meant higher chance of getting those crazy power level to 50 in 2 days in our warzones. Now there's a fresh wave of even leveling Empire/Rep's that are bringing back some sort of balance to the warzones.

Give it time, games still not even a week old if you don't count EGA.

Solution is:

1. Brackets 10-19,20-29,30-39,40-49,50

2. Premades vs premades only.

Ugh, more kids who want brackets.

You want really long *********** queues? Then bring in brackets, I however am perfectly happy with the 20 second queues im getting.

You don't like getting owned by higher levels? Learn to play your class, since level 10 I've been getting top damage and kills. Don't like a challenge then? Pre-mades are the best thing to play against.

Belgoth's Beacon.

Confirmed, our Blue side appears to be running healthy at the moment.

A Weekly War world pvp event thread http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=67598

and a server forum: http://www.belgothsbeacon.com/forum/index.php

are already up. We're here if you want to jump ship. Those of us in the Empire here wouldn't mind be outnumbered either. :cool:

Solution is:

1. Brackets 10-19,20-29,30-39,40-49,50

2. Premades vs premades only.

I like number 2, number 1 is in no way a solution and would just lead to long que times for everything except level 50's, and ontop of that would lead to twinking in brackets which can be a huge problem.