Finally ragequit

Tenacity

Been having a great time in GSF up until the last couple of days. I dont know if it's the influx of noobs since 2.6 or what, but 90% of my team is always off in the middle of nowhere while the objectives lie in enemy hands.

Why is it so hard for people to understand objective based gameplay? Got a 12 man team and you couldnt find two brain cells between the lot of them to rub together.

maybe its just a few bad days, in pvp ground or space, there are days where it seems like all the competent players jumped out a window, then other days where finally it looks like they returned and threw the bads out on the street, don't worry about it I am sure you will find a competent team eventually.

I dunno why you would rage quit, you can farm more requisition with a bad team than you can with a good team.

You can also (arguably) have more fun on a bad team than on a good team because that way you have all the targets you could wish for.

I've been on both sides of the equation and when your team stomps the other team, it becomes a very boring game. Obviously, equal teams is optimal, but if that doesn't happen, its better to be on a losing team than on a winning team, especially since your reqs are tied to your in-game performance rather than your team's victory or loss.

You can literally fly sat to sat and farm defensive turrets for massive requsition if all else fails.

Seems like a widespread phenomenon, since my last week on Progenitor (Imperial side) was pretty much the same. We either roflstomp the enemy, the enemy roflstomps us, or the majority of my team thinks we are in early access for deathmatch mode.

While it's true that the last case leads to "balanced" matches (score wise) and is great for farming Requisition, it does not make it less frustrating - quite the reverse. Some glaring examples:

1. At the spawn screen I say "First group A, second group B, scout X alone to C". When the match starts, 90% goes for B and the rest for C.

2. Enemy holds B&C, I capture A. Several of my teammates arrive to A, so I go to capture B. I capture B, but meanwhile we lose A. Several of my teammates arrive to B, so I go to (re)capture A. I (re)capture A, but meanwhile we lose B. And so on.

3. Enemy holds A, we hold C. I desperately hold B neutral against 2-3 attackers, and when I glance at the minimap in hope for reinforcements, I see 6 "green thingies" (copright Galaxy Quest) around C chasing a single "red thingy".

omg Dany, i know that frustration all to well on Imperial Side JC, more often than not it feels like i'm the only one playing to win while the majority of my team is out playing cowboy, chasing bait into the middle of nowhere or back to the enemy Capitol Ships...

twice yesterday we came across a Republic group who's main strategy was to take a Sat wait for it to spawn turrets and park a fully modified gunship on each one taken, parked (X) right between 2 turrets usually facing toward our Cap Ships... now with full turrets and 3 maxed GS playing turret too on all Sats there's no way a single pilot can take the Sats, but would anyone come to help at each Sat i tried to take, no, they were off chasing bait as far away from the Sats as they could, it was sad... it's like no one's ever heard of "break pursuit and change targets, it's a trap!"... it was a total stomping both times...

it really sux when you tell everybody the plan at the beginning of the match (i.e. Hold A & B) and you see all your teams green dots spread out all over the map in the first 10 seconds, because they ignored the plan cause they don't care about winning the match, only their kill count... Kill Count does not win a Domination Match, Holding Satellites does, it even says so in the Tutorial and on one of the Splash Screens when you get your StarFighter pop, so how do people not get this...

Edited by Elly_Dawn

Been having a great time in GSF up until the last couple of days. I dont know if it's the influx of noobs since 2.6 or what, but 90% of my team is always off in the middle of nowhere while the objectives lie in enemy hands.

Why is it so hard for people to understand objective based gameplay? Got a 12 man team and you couldnt find two brain cells between the lot of them to rub together.

First off, we're not even in 2.6 yet. Secondly, you clearly don't understand how the starfighter scoring system works. Your requisition earned is based off of personal performance (i.e. kills, damage done, objectives, etc.) and the win/loss only provides a boost at the end to whatever you, not the team, earned during the match. Which is why you see people chasing down kills instead of going after the satellites.

First off, we're not even in 2.6 yet. Secondly, you clearly don't understand how the starfighter scoring system works. Your requisition earned is based off of personal performance (i.e. kills, damage done, objectives, etc.) and the win/loss only provides a boost at the end to whatever you, not the team, earned during the match. Which is why you see people chasing down kills instead of going after the satellites.

No, you see people chasing down kills instead of going for satellites because they don't know how requisition is rewarded (which will hopefully be fixed next patch, but that's assuming people read that part of the scoreboard).

From my experience and not from a dev source, you gain requisition for kills and assists on the point, turret kills (and, I believe, assists), flipping the satellite, and winning. You gain a small amount for sitting on the satellite and kills off the satellite, but not nearly as much as flipping it back and forth. You also get a base ~300 for participating in the match.

I just love it when:

I capture B (or C or A depending on the map) and defend it for a bit. My teammates are unable to capture C nor A.

I announce that I will go help C, but B will be undefended.

I capture C while my teammates are chasing enemies near C, but ignoring the capture distance.

I defend C, but B gets captured.

I announce that I will go help B, but C will be undefended.

I capture B while my teammates are chasing enemies near B, but ignoring the capture distance.

I defend B, but C gets captured.

Rinse and repeat. ;)

I just love it when:

I capture B (or C or A depending on the map) and defend it for a bit. My teammates are unable to capture C nor A.

I capture C while my teammates are chasing enemies near C, but ignoring the capture distance.

I capture B while my teammates are chasing enemies near B, but ignoring the capture distance.

Rinse and repeat. ;)

Yea typical. My solution for that is get some friends who are committed to Gsf & fly together with them. When i log i just shout on my serwer's /Gsf channel & usually got grp in min or two. Premade of 4 ppl which now what to do is offen win for shure.

I just love it when:

Rinse and repeat. ;)

Kinda what I end up dealing with. On kuat mesas, I always go for point B, and I can usually defend it against a steady stream of attackers by myself for the entire match. Problem is, the other 7-11 guys on my team cant capture either of the other points.

It's the ground pvp heroes trying space, and failing as much there as they do in the ground game. Let them have their kicks. As soon as they realise it will take them FOREVER to get any upgrades, theyll stop playing.

Ask your self ; how does the average gamer deem him self and others as a good PvPer?

The average answer; damage and medals counted!

Now; if you in a objective based WZ find out that it's just that, damage, kills, assist etc, smash in average, that earns you those highscore medals, well then it is a question of stimulus and response. You can see it in huttball all the time, the team winning by 6-nil got barely any objective points, while the team losing got them all. You can cap your self silly in a domination WZ and barely get rewarded for it, hence the lol flying and dog fighting menace, and there's only a matter of time until we got the death matches(2.6) ... then we got 'piiiigs iiin spaaace' in other words arenas in space.

It's as simple as that to dumb down SWToR PvP a bit further ...

Want a depressing statistic? 50% of players are below the median skill level... and the median skill level is still pretty low. :<

Here's an interesting statistic, 99% of all internet statistics quoted are made up. Source please or I call Shenanigans. Shenanigans.

If the "noobs" are driving you nuts, help them raise their game. /whisper them some helpful feedback, courteously and politely. Invite them to your Vent/TS/Mumble group. Let's treat "newbism" like it's a disease! You treat Noob Flu* with generous amounts of positive feedback. Let's eradicate Noob Flu* like it was Polio.

*I reserve all rights to the term "Noob Flu." Trademark and patent pending.

Here's an interesting statistic, 99% of all internet statistics quoted are made up. Source please or I call Shenanigans. Shenanigans.

Technically he's right. A median is a middle ground. In percentile scoring methods, 50% of testers are below the median and 50% are above it. For example, when I took my Armed Services Vocational Aptitude Battery, I scored a 97th percentile, meaning I scored better than 97% of other individuals in the same testing group.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.