ranked pvp needs some incentives to grow

phat_maban

I can only speak for the harbinger server and as we all know ranked is dead.

What I want to know is what can we do about it. The players should not have to organize ranked matches via the community all the time.

What is bw's plan moving forward getting ppl to play ranked ? I can sit in a que for 2 hours and not get a pop. A lot of others can do the same with no results.

I want to play ranked and feel I can be competitive but it is impossible when there is zero pops on server.

My suggestion would be to hand out some kind of attractive reward for playing ranked. There is simply no incentives to play ranked atm.

Thoughts ideas ?

The rewards are already there though Maban, just not the specifics. Bioware said that there will be unique and exclusive rewards depending on standing on the leaderboards which will be seperated by tiers. You also get more ranked comms and leaderboard progression.

They just haven't shown what the actual rewards will be but considering this game runs on cosmetic adaptable armor, titles, pets toys and mounts it's pretty easy to figure out it will be a combination of those.

Unique and exclusive sounds good but like you, on Harbringer it doesn't pop particularly in APAC times.

No amount of incentive will revive ranked. Its barely surviving on even the pvp servers and pretty much dead on the pve servers. Ranked will never work in this game. PvP community is near dead and I don't even think cross server will save it at this point. I think too many pvpers are just sick with BW and the rest just pug out regs to kill time till a new mmo comes out.

Lately I just log in, do some slicing missions and run back and forth between the vendors in the combat area and don't even bother queuing and wonder why I even logged in. People are getting bored, simple as that.

For starters, make a daily + weekly for arenas.

Make it actually require wins, so you dont get people afking or throwing games just to get their dailiy - make them earn it, and encourage effort and competition. These are rated arenas after all, not casual regular warzones.

Doesn't have to be a big one - even 2 wins for the daily, 5 wins for the weekly.

Edited by Z-ToXiN

fact is many players dont like the 4v4s in general and others dont like the unbalanced way that the ques throw teams together with 3 heals on one team and none on another, id say get rid of the 4v4s, and on a side note allow us to que 8 people for 8man wzs

fact is many players dont like the 4v4s in general and others dont like the unbalanced way that the ques throw teams together with 3 heals on one team and none on another, id say get rid of the 4v4s, and on a side note allow us to que 8 people for 8man wzs

You never have a healing imbalance in solo q ranked arenas.

If you had known this, your argument would carry more weight.

Edit: Unless you're talking about group ranked where you queue 0 healers vs. 3 healer teams. To which I can only say

Edited by Morde_

dude theres always healing imbalances in ranked on jedi covenant but youd know that if you played on our server

RANKED has matchmaking. There is no healing imbalance in the solo queue ranked. If one side has a healer, the other side will as well.

Specifics on the rewards need to be addressed, or it will almost be like wasting time... wait... what the heck am I doing right now.

Anyways I loved competitive ranked 4's PVP, it's fast, fun, and exciting for the whole family! Get a team together today/voice comms/synergy and try it out! Defiantly made me a better PVP'er. That way you can stay with the ever changing meta on a weekly basis!

if fun is not incentive then this game is doomed to be bad, even if it is "successful."

Some people like their fun to be goal oriented. Also, it really needs to be said that the current system actually discourages players from playing ranked -- the general daily rewards you with medpacs and adrenals replenishing your stock (at least partially). Since there's no ranked daily doing the same, that means that any consumables you use have to replaced out of pocket.

Of course, I fully admit that I have don't find arenas to be fun at all and would never do a ranked match again once I had full ranked gear. So you have a point there. That's why I desperately want proper warzones added to the ranked queues.

Definitely get rid of being able to earn ranked comms by doing reg wzs. And also get rid of being able to convert reg comms into ranked comms. Give ranked comms their own dailies and weekly and bring 8v8 back. I would add x-server queues but we all know that aint gonna happen. Edited by MotorCityMan

You seriously can't list Arenas as "most difficult content". If it were the 8 man wzs I would have agreed, but arenas means nothing in my opinion. You need to have the best classes/spec to do well, where as in 8 man wzs you can still make a difference no matter what.

You seriously can't list Arenas as "most difficult content". If it were the 8 man wzs I would have agreed, but arenas means nothing in my opinion. You need to have the best classes/spec to do well, where as in 8 man wzs you can still make a difference no matter what.

If you honestly think 8v8 ranked warzones take more skill than 4v4 arenas then you're just completely incorrect.

Edited by Morde_

Actually the concept of completely removing ranked might not be a terrible idea. Split the ques to WZ and solo/group arenas, pull arenas out of the wz que raise the comm cap by 3X, raise the cost of top tier gear by 3x in reg comms, then apply the matchmaking algorithm they did for ranked and the leaderboards to what you have left.