Scouts problem

Meitral

HI

I'm usualy flying my strike, good balance of everything and yeah i can die and i usualy end in the top of the best DPS and medals. But, on my server i've been playing against a scout that can just blow away anything in a few shot. I know my ship issnt full upgraded, but i got all the durability i can get, and this scout just burst me away in a face 1 vs 1.

Well, i just played a game where he crushed my back shield and hull in under 3 sec... My guest is cluster missile + full upgraded laser, i cant play scout because i hate the fact that their suvability is realy poor. Now when i'm against this fabulous scout, i just cant damage him the way i do with others scout or even strike.

Is there a damn realy good spec that some holy players discovered with the scout ? Some kind of exploit ? Or is there some tweaking to be done on the scout ? I'm not sure a scout should have the same firepower as a normal strike fighter... Better maneavrbility ok, best burst yeah,... but going 1 vs 1 against a strike and destroy it under 3 sec... no way. Maybe.... Maybe a stock strike with a player that just began to play... still, a scout shouldnt be able to crush a better armed, shielded with more hull in just a few seconds.

Oh and about gunship, yeah they seem to ruin the game, look like the FOTM for the noobs... but they're realy easy to kill compare to a scout that is fully upgraded and played by a real good player... I loved my duel against Udezak on Jedi Covenant, but i just cant understand how he can crush me and beat my DPS and kill as a scout....

Check into this Devs please... I dont want everyone playing scout to get the same kind of spec and rampage every game... gonna kill the fun....

Its called Dfield it gives immunity to weapon fire for 6 seconds. It has a decent sized cooldown and not all scouts have them. If you want to know more just look it up on your novadive/blackbolt that I know you have.

And as for dieing in 3 seconds in a head to head - you where probably eating rocket pods to the face. I suggest getting and learning directional field or not going face-to-face.

Edited by Zoom_VI

It's Burst Laser Cannons, available on Sting and Flashfire. They do extreme damage at close range... the Scout boosts right up behind you and then lights you up. It's like a shotgun.

They can also be combined with Rocket Pods or Cluster Missiles, but most of it is Burst Laser Cannons, often in combination with the Blaster Overcharge system.

Its called Dfield it gives immunity to weapon fire for 6 seconds. It has a decent sized cooldown and not all scouts have them. If you want to know more just look it up on your novadive/blackbolt that I know you have.

And as for dieing in 3 seconds in a head to head - you where probably eating rocket pods to the face. I suggest getting and learning directional field or not going face-to-face.

Bingo!

Use your range advantage...too few strike pilots do. Take me head on in my scout and chances are I will win (assuming dfield is up).

It's Burst Laser Cannons, available on Sting and Flashfire. They do extreme damage at close range... the Scout boosts right up behind you and then lights you up. It's like a shotgun.

They can also be combined with Rocket Pods or Cluster Missiles, but most of it is Burst Laser Cannons, often in combination with the Blaster Overcharge system.

This. I personally don't use blaster overcharge because I'm fine with 1k+ non-crits, but in short, burst cannons will wreck you.

Don't let him get behind you. Don't stay still when he's near. Don't be predictable.

Edited by Armonddd

I have a Mastered Nova Dive with maxed out laser cannons and rocket pods. I can do head on's with Strike fighters and nail them fairly quickly. Overcharge my shields (F2) and I have maxed out armour/shields to absorb damage..yea I take a beating but I can win those..quickly sometimes...quite often I get my butt blown off. I use T7-01 as crew and have him repair the holes. Sometimes other people are pounding on you and you don't realize it..so it looks like just one guy popped you in three seconds. Maxed Rocket pods and lasers can smash gunships who do not see you coming in just a few seconds.

is a eternity in the fast paced gsf combat.

It's an eternity if you're in the middle of a hot firefight the whole time, but scouts don't have the shields to support that. Scouts want to spend a lot of time getting away from crosshairs (and they have the maneuverability and boosting power to support that, because they're pretty much perfectly designed), which means the 6s up/14s down (or 3s up/17s down, if you so choose) becomes even better because you're spending some of those downtime seconds not being shot at anyway.

It's an eternity if you're in the middle of a hot firefight the whole time, but scouts don't have the shields to support that. Scouts want to spend a lot of time getting away from crosshairs (and they have the maneuverability and boosting power to support that, because they're pretty much perfectly designed), which means the 6s up/14s down (or 3s up/17s down, if you so choose) becomes even better because you're spending some of those downtime seconds not being shot at anyway.

Yes but a dogfight will rarely if ever last more than 20 seconds, thus Dfield can only be used once a dogfight. Quick-charge is better for dogfighting anyway because you will always have your shield arcs up, Dfield is a crutch component for people that can only hit things coming straight at them.

ok so if i understand all what you're saying.. Scouts got a real big bad *** burst DPS and a immunity shield with cooldown, the more reasons to check into this and maybe tweak stuff a little bit ?

Good DPS, Good speed, immunity every 20sec... I relay love my strike, but might as well play my scout, seems like the FOTM till they fix it ?

ok so if i understand all what you're saying.. Scouts got a real big bad *** burst DPS and a immunity shield with cooldown, the more reasons to check into this and maybe tweak stuff a little bit ?

Good DPS, Good speed, immunity every 20sec... I relay love my strike, but might as well play my scout, seems like the FOTM till they fix it ?

One of the main things I like about Scouts is their ability to run away. In other ships if it becomes obvious you will lose (you're defending a sat 1 vs 1 or 1 vs 2 and suddenly they decide to swarm it) it seems I always run out of engine in a fighter (or last night, gunship also) and when you run out of engine, you're dead.

In my scout F3 and you will never run out. When the odds become impossible I just boost away to another sat.

Their weakness is that they have a very high skill cap and are made of tissue paper. They certainly aren't invincible. They are especially weak to gunships.

Yes but a dogfight will rarely if ever last more than 20 seconds, thus Dfield can only be used once a dogfight. Quick-charge is better for dogfighting anyway because you will always have your shield arcs up, Dfield is a crutch component for people that can only hit things coming straight at them.

Tell that to Silent, who just held a point against two people for a good half minute or so. Also, shield piercing from a number of sources says lol, quick charge. Also, I'd rather immune damage than try to tank it.