I give up!

KinCharBamin

After a long break from this game I thought I would give it another shot.

I spent a good part of the day yesterday re-installing the game only to login and find all my characters have had their abilities wiped out and I have to redo them all. Grrrr, but what are you gonna do right?

So I spent the evening getting all my characters setup the way I think they should be but by then it was late and I was tired so off to bed I go.

Today I fire the game back up ready to give it another try, but wait, the freaking launcher needs to reorganize my data?

At the rate it was going, I might be have been able to play some time this evening.

Frak that. So I'll just uninstall and go back to EMU and wait for the next SW game to come out.

So disappointing :(

You can't really give BW a hard time re: your first issue. When they released the first expansion and bumped max level to 55, they redid the skill trees; so everyone had to respec. There wasn't really an alternative, since some skills were moved around, others added, and a couple deleted (if I remember correctly).

Issue 2 is a common problem. Take a gander at the support forum; launcher issues abound. I'm not giving them a pass on that, because it would bother me too (though I've been lucky with the launcher myself). But your first "problem" isn't a great reason to simply walk away from the game.

I spent a good part of the day yesterday re-installing the game only to login and find all my characters have had their abilities wiped out and I have to redo them all. Grrrr, but what are you gonna do right?

So I spent the evening getting all my characters setup the way I think they should be but by then it was late and I was tired so off to bed I go.

Today I fire the game back up ready to give it another try, but wait, the freaking launcher needs to reorganize my data?

At the rate it was going, I might be have been able to play some time this evening.

Frak that. So I'll just uninstall and go back to EMU and wait for the next SW game to come out.

Seriously? You're complaining because you needed to update a patch they released TODAY? Gezzus dude...have some patience...but...the EMU is probably better for you since we know that game will never be updated right?

It is annoying when that sort of thing happens, but it does sound a bit like you gave up before reaching the finish line. Admittedly I've never had these problems but I've seen the threads with people having issues so I can understand your frustration.

Oh well, you got this far, maybe tomorrow is a better day to give it just one last try. Your choice ;)

Seriously? You're complaining because you needed to update a patch they released TODAY? Gezzus dude...have some patience...but...the EMU is probably better for you since we know that game will never be updated right?

lol, I didn't even think of that...I just assumed he was having tech issues with the launcher. but you're probably right. OP, if TUXs is correct, this is an even sillier reason to give up - they're implementing fixes/features to improve the game. Is it really surprising that periodically you'd have to download these updates?

lol, I didn't even think of that...I just assumed he was having tech issues with the launcher. but you're probably right. OP, if TUXs is correct, this is an even sillier reason to give up - they're implementing fixes/features to improve the game. Is it really surprising that periodically you'd have to download these updates?

God forbid they would need to emergency patch anything tomorrow...can you imagine the outrage if he needed to instal and update THREE days in a row? :eek:

Instead you wanted a broken character with abilities and/or skills that no longer exist or that have been changed to make them undesirable? Automatic, free respecs are extremely common after significant class changes in these types of games.

Instead you wanted a broken character with abilities and/or skills that no longer exist or that have been changed to make them undesirable? Automatic, free respecs are extremely common after significant class changes in these types of games.

/Agree. Can't think of an MMO (even those in twilight of their life cycle) where this is not something that a player must do when re-entering the game.

I think he actually meant to say.... "it's hard to come back to an MMO after leaving it for some time and having to incorporate all the patch updates and changes made :eek:" ...... since abandoning it. :D

Personally, I see it as a qualifying filter. If you cannot cope with this, how on earth can you cope with actual patch days that come every couple weeks here.

Edited by Andryah

Personally, I see it as a qualifying filter. If you cannot cope with this, how on earth can you cope with actual patch days that come every couple weeks here.

Hahaha; no joke! The OP's frustration simply comes down to really unfortunate timing. We haven't had an update in a month, but he just happens to pick the day before a patch to "get back into the game." I was thrilled this morning when the update was only about 150MB and was ready to go in under twenty minutes. That's a win for both patch size and my internet connection actually working... :)

This is probably the worst I quit thread in a long sad history of bad I quit threads.

OP, stay away from MMO's in general. They will send you to an early grave. Stick with Xbox. Oh wait, that updates every time I switch the freaking thing on too.... Basically you're doomed!

Single player games, yep, that's what you need.

OP, stay away from MMO's in general. They will send you to an early grave. Stick with Xbox. Oh wait, that updates every time I switch the freaking thing on too.... Basically you're doomed!

Single player games, yep, that's what you need.

Or board games...

Sorry you had a bad second run OP. The first time through... did you even get off the first load screen? There many of those too.

Oh well...

Ciao!

Considering this guy plays the EMU I'd have to say this is a blatant troll.

Yet another SWG fan that throws a tantrum. :rolleyes:

Probably for the best he didn't get to play; none of the updates turned the game into SWG 2.0 during his absence - so he'd just complain about that anyway.

Edited by Callaron

You know, I am generally very open to "I quit" threads. I like hearing feedback that people have about the game and why they are quitting (obviously if they actually do) because it makes me reflect on the game myself on what I like and dislike about it.

But this is egregious... You are quitting the game because you have to re-distribute your talent points? After coming back to the game? Or having a launcher error on a patch day and thus cant play within your 24 window of gaming?...

OP your laziness is offensive and you should feel bad. This "I quit" story sucked.