Balance design Flaw detected, fix please!

Evolixe

I can't believe that nobody has brought this to any attention before, but in a recent discussion I discovered that Shadows are allowed to skip impose weakness and still take Clairvoyant Strike.

While Assassins are forced to take Impose Weakness in order to get Voltaic Slash.

So I ask you, what the hell is this?!:

http://imgur.com/RCPU55q

I don't really see any problem with not having to get Impose Weakness to get Voltaic Slash.. those abilities are not in any way relevant to eachother and it would slighly help PvE if you would take that obligation away.

Thank you.

Edited by Evolixe

This thing needs to be fixed asap. It makes shadows and assassins in unequal positions.

Oh rily? How many times has it been in your favour? :D While we were dangling our rocks in air and delayed KB's y'all were celebrating instant abilities. Nothing to fix, SHADOWS FTW!Aww them unequal positions :D:D

Edited by Leafy_Bug

Wow, that's really annoying and somehow I never noticed it before. I always take Impose Weakness anyway, so it wasn't really a thought, but yeah… This definitely represents an imbalance, especially for PvE.

As a side note, a guilds of mine plays Infiltration in PvE and does amazingly well. Better, in fact, than a lot of our other, more FOTM classes.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

As a side note, a guilds of mine plays Infiltration in PvE and does amazingly well. Better, in fact, than a lot of our other, more FOTM classes.

Now imagine what he would do if he played a proper class :)

Because I'm going to outdamage you. That's why.

Kiting at council and I still outdamage you. You have a long way to go, young padawan ;)

No crying here, you're free to try and beat me on a shadow :p

You won't see me doing something as stupid as gearing up my shadow for PvE DPS, lol. And the argument here isn't who's better, it's that shadows/assassins aren't viable for PvE when you have such better alternatives...

BW should fix the important stuff, like Ilum Beastmaster achievemt, and not waste time with things this. :p

You won't see me doing something as stupid as gearing up my shadow for PvE DPS, lol. And the argument here isn't who's better, it's that shadows/assassins aren't viable for PvE when you have such better alternatives...

BW should fix the important stuff, like Ilum Beastmaster achievemt, and not waste time with things this. :p

Who said anything about having to gear up? ;)

I'll make it bold for you, so you won't miss it again.

And the argument here isn't who's better, it's that shadows/assassins aren't viable for PvE when you have such better alternatives...

I even underlined the most important thing, just for you! <3

I don't play by the rules, thought you knew that by now :p

And the argument here isn't who's better, it's that shadows/assassins aren't viable for PvE when you have such better alternatives...

This is simply ignorance. I'm guessing you're just emphasizing for the tease, but I thought I would specifically contradict to avoid third-party confusion. Shadows/Assassins are perfectly viable when tanking, and (with skill) are perfectly viable DPSing. There are two shadow DPS in my guild who have both out-parsed some of our gunslingers in equal gear. And we have really good gunslingers.

You might also consider that Ascension's progression group uses a shadow DPS, and Republic Gentlemen used a shadow DPS until Nightmare Styrak, including their world 5th clear of NiM Dread Guard before the first nerf. That sounds pretty viable to me.

Edited by KeyboardNinja

Viable: capable of working successfully

I'm at a loss if current content is cleared with shadows'/assassins' how they aren't viable?

please clairify

Perhaps you mean preferred?

I'd prefer a good assassin/shadow to a bad/average sniper/marauder.

Edited by Sarafain

Viable: capable of working successfully

I'm at a loss if current content is cleared with shadows'/assassins' how they aren't viable?

please clairify

Perhaps you mean preferred?

I'd prefer a good assassin/shadow to a bad/average sniper/marauder.

But only if there's already one Mara in your team.

Umm, no. When I can throw out 3.2k dps on a boss in a mix of 72s and 78 coms gear, I'm pretty sure that means I'm viable. I'm pretty sure that when I carry a fail 16 man PUG by tanking Raptus as an Infiltration Shadow, and still dealing the most damage, I think we're somewhat viable.

And, to point out for the umpteenth time, Republic Gentlemen cleared NiM Dread Guard with a Shadow, and without a Sentinel, before the first nerf to it. We can carry our weight.

Edited by Aelanis

off topic

Oh rily? How many times has it been in your favour? :D While we were dangling our rocks in air and delayed KB's y'all were celebrating instant abilities. Nothing to fix, SHADOWS FTW!Aww them unequal positions :D:D

i remember that for a long time Force Synergy could proc from Combat technique (an I assume the other techniques) critical hits while Exploitive Strikes did not proc from dark charge.

My guild runs progression teams without sentinels all the time. In fact, our main progression group ran with a sentinel but without Inspiration (due to its interaction with Focus spec) for all of the content from 2.0 up until 2.5 (so basically everything thus far).

Inspiration/Bloodthirst is an overrated utility. It is no where near as essential as an armor debuff is. It's really nice to have during burst windows, but it's not going to be the difference between a clear and a wipe unless you're already really close (as in, like Severity Gaming's famous 6k wipe on NiM Kel'sara).