Dumbing Down Of PvP

Cempa

This thread has gotten way too much attention. So many glaring problems.

1. The title doesn't match the content at all - what do roots have to do with the dumbing down of pvp? Quite the contrary, more CC and utility over DPS and heals requires player to think more tactically than just DPSing or healing a target.
  2. Ravage can only be talented high up in ONE tree of ONE advanced class, not smash. Deadly Throw can only be talented in the middle up ONE tree of THE OTHER advanced class, not smash.
  3. The 4 sec CC immunity is mid tree in ONE of tree again of one of the advanced classes, and is locked to the stance that's DIFFERENT than the smash stance.

I sometimes think I would rather there be more roots as offensive abilities, then eliminate roots on casts by sorce or mercs, Basically, only things that would root would be things like death from above where its sort of a big animation, then the obvious things that require cover due to the obvious of being in cover and already uninterruptable. Edited by TechTheHic

The PvP here is slow and dumbed down by design. Too many of the classes rely on it too much to change. Roots are spammed soooo much you would have a permanent white bar. You probably spend 45% of each match under the effect of some kind of cc\root\slow. Hard stuns, kb with roots, single target roots, single target slows, Aoe slows, Aoe mezz, single target mezz, talented ability based roots, talented ability based stuns, and lol store bought stuns. Its too big of a crutch at this point. Hell I normally die 2 to 5 times a match and you should have heard the outcry when they wanted stun breaks to reset on death lol. The community whined about stun breaks on death even though stuns are on low cd and that wouldn't have effected resolve at all which mean you could have still been stun locked to death either way.

I know how to play my own class, thank you.

You clearly didn't read the OP though. So let me explain.

First he says that he is primarily complaining about Smash Monkeys, right? So, full Focus Spec? Gotcha.

Then, he says, that Deadly Throw and Ravage have talented roots on them. Meaning, full Combat right? Right? Unless you think there's some next level hybrid that actually gets these while still somehow having access to Smash.

Then he complains about the CC immunity that *GUARDIANS* receive. Wait, what? A second ago we were talking about a 36/36 Combat/Focus Sentinel. No, nvm, we are talking abotu a 36/36/36 Vigilance, Combat, Focus Guardinel.

Does that make it clear to you? Or not? Oh, and complaining about Watchman/Annihiliation being OP?

El Oh f***king El. Seriously. L2P.

My 36/36/36/36/36 "guardniel would like to have word with you. If you have not noticed, I am passing on the immortal tree cuz with that much survivability I will be OP :rak_03:

Edited by Ottoattack

My 36/36/36/36/36 "guardniel would like to have word with you. If you have not noticed, I am passing on the immortal tree cuz with that much survivability I will be OP :rak_03:

2 hard stuns, too. With Vengeance Ravage resets, of course. And permanent Unstoppable.

PvP is actually fun before the 55 LvL. That's the proof that all these retarded CCs serve no purpose. Actually the most fun is the lowest lvl PvP, less CC more fun.

saying crowd control abilities are useless in pvp, especially when the match is objective based, seriously makes me doubt your skill. an example of this, your teammate is capping a door or pylon but an enemy is heading towards them to disrupt the cap. cc that guy, objective accomplished.

lowest level pvp is more fun because cc's are less important? Thats arguably when gunslinger/snipers and scoundrels/operatives are at their best, because they have two cc's, one of them being aoe, before most classes have one.

Edited by SwordEmpire

saying crowd control abilities are useless in pvp, especially when the match is objective based, seriously makes me doubt your skill. an example of this, your teammate is capping a door or pylon but an enemy is heading towards them to disrupt the cap. cc that guy, objective accomplished.

lowest level pvp is more fun because cc's are less important? Thats arguably when gunslinger/snipers and scoundrels/operatives are at their best, because they have two cc's, one of them being aoe, before most classes have one.

PvP is about fight and kill your enemy, thats what REAL men enjoy. I know for you it's comes to you as a surprise. Make sure you don't miss a note.

Edited by sauerkraut

PvP is about fight and kill your enemy, thats what REAL men enjoy. I know for you it's comes to you as a surprise. Make sure you don't miss a note.

and real warfare was a battle of wit along with strength. if you cant see how figuring in tactics helps in a fight, then its your loss.