How to bring devs to PvP forum section?

Azzataky

Hey everyone. :rak_03:

We are here trolling, talking, discussing issues that concern us about PvP, yet no answer what so ever, nobody cares about PvP players it seems. What could we do to bring theirs attention here? Or at least get an answer?

Spaming wouldn't work, some tried it. Insulting each other does'nt work, some tried it. We can't shoot any object in game like in some other MMO. I was thinking about not playing for a week or so but it wouldn't probably have much participants.

Any other way you guys think we could bring devs here?

P.S. Anyone knows when it was last time a dev posted here? :D

Hey everyone. :rak_03:

We are here trolling, talking, discussing issues that concern us about PvP, yet no answer what so ever, nobody cares about PvP players it seems. What could we do to bring theirs attention here? Or at least get an answer?

Spaming wouldn't work, some tried it. Insulting each other does'nt work, some tried it. We can't shoot any object in game like in some other MMO. I was thinking about not playing for a week or so but it wouldn't probably have much participants.

Any other way you guys think we could bring devs here?

P.S. Anyone knows when it was last time a dev posted here? :D

Trying real hard to not play or post and just move on. Well; I just posted so there goes that, until I can't any more. I don't think it would matter if they posted or not anyway. What exactly do we really want from them that they can address? Premades? Balance? Not really much they can say there that would satisfy anyone.

If you really want them to post here, I guess maybe find our best looking female PvPers and send them to their offices and try the seduction approach. That might work.

Early in the game the devs made statements and promises about pvp. Unfortunately this was done without making sure all that they promised was possible or would happen in the time frame estimated. Now they are being careful and reserved. Each response is carefully done at this point because they know if the players feel they have been going back on their promises then it will only shake trust and confidence in the devs even more than it already has. I can't blame them for that, at this point they know they got to be careful with what they say, because while they know that its subject to change and sometimes even say so, players will go "but they said this would happen" or "Biofail lied to us" or something like that. No one can blame them for maintaining a careful stance so it doesn't become any worse.

Early in the game the devs made statements and promises about pvp. Unfortunately this was done without making sure all that they promised was possible or would happen in the time frame estimated. Now they are being careful and reserved. Each response is carefully done at this point because they know if the players feel they have been going back on their promises then it will only shake trust and confidence in the devs even more than it already has. I can't blame them for that, at this point they know they got to be careful with what they say, because while they know that its subject to change and sometimes even say so, players will go "but they said this would happen" or "Biofail lied to us" or something like that. No one can blame them for maintaining a careful stance so it doesn't become any worse.

I think you are giving them too much credit by assuming that they do have something and they just don't want to commit. What if they are silent because they have nothing?

What if it's because in order to address ranked Q popping and the premade "issues" requires cross-server and it really just isn't possible? What if expanding PvP is limited then by the population to participate being limited as well as the engine unable to handle larger battles? What if they just don't have the staff to try frequent balance passes anymore? What if there really are no more tricks up their sleeves and this is as good as it gets?

I think you are giving them too much credit by assuming that they do have something and they just don't want to commit. What if they are silent because they have nothing?

What if it's because in order to address ranked Q popping and the premade "issues" requires cross-server and it really just isn't possible? What if expanding PvP is limited then by the population to participate being limited as well as the engine unable to handle larger battles? What if they just don't have the staff to try frequent balance passes anymore? What if there really are no more tricks up their sleeves and this is as good as it gets?

I get the sense it's all of the above.

I did not say they have something, but they know anything they say might make things worse. For example, if they say "we are working on a fix for this" then people will expect that fix and angry when its delayed due to problems. That's what I meant, I didn't say at any point they had something they were hiding.

They never had any tricks to begin with. They failed from lauch and now we are so few that they decided that we are not worth it.

They told us that they wont overbalance and will approach that in a slow manner to avoid certain issues. But all Im hearing is: We will do it slow so that we dont have to put any work into it. That way we save money to put in some other, more important project

Edited by Beeteel

I play this game for a year now and I would say it is heavily PvE focused and even not endgame focused (because of that much stress on story). PvP is minority and when I look into PvE forums, people seems to be more satisfied with balance in PvE (operations e.g.).

Why would they make balances so often if the majority is satisfied? In PvE this goes relatively ok, thus there is no reason to balance it so often.

Even in the big PvP patch there were two operations and whole new planet of PvE stuff with gear and whatsoever.

Maybe they are trying to do something, but obviously we are the second (or third) in the line...

They never had any tricks to begin with. They failed from lauch and now we are so few that they decided that we are not worth it.

They told us that they wont overbalance and will approach that in a slow manner to avoid certain issues. But all Im hearing is: We will do it slow so that we dont have to put any work into it. That way we save money to put in some other, more important project

and yet your still here, interesting :rolleyes:

Anyway, going slow is the way to go with balance, going fast is what helped make imbalance worse to start with up until now. Anyway, good to know though we can speculate and make up theories about stuff we don't know completely about

What exactly do we really want from them that they can address?

I would be happy even for something like "we are aware of these issues and we are working on them, currently they are in this stage (just talking about it, working on it, implementing the solution)". Even that I know that would be just public relations answer and it wouldn't say anything real, we would know at least what is happening and when approximately we can expect something to happen.

Or even if they would say "its not an issue for us because.." at least we'd know. Damn even if they would say "we tend to have this as PvE game mostly and PvP is our third or last concern therefore bla bla..". PvP players who are now here feel already like nothing is being done so they probably wouldn't leave anyway.

I'm not hard to satisfy in that matter, its just something > nothing.

Each response is carefully done at this point because they know if the players feel they have been going back on their promises then it will only shake trust and confidence in the devs even more than it already has.

The thing is that they need to learn to strike a balance between community interactions and holding their cards close to their chest, because being silent doesn't help with the community's confidence either.

I play this game for a year now and I would say it is heavily PvE focused and even not endgame focused (because of that much stress on story). PvP is minority and when I look into PvE forums, people seems to be more satisfied with balance in PvE (operations e.g.).

Why would they make balances so often if the majority is satisfied? In PvE this goes relatively ok, thus there is no reason to balance it so often.

Even in the big PvP patch there were two operations and whole new planet of PvE stuff with gear and whatsoever.

Maybe they are trying to do something, but obviously we are the second (or third) in the line...

Thats not what we was told before launch. Atleast not from devs, sure everyone suspected that PvE>PvP were the case but still.

Id say they wont focus on anything PvP even if some minor thing in PvE would be comromized because of it. This is obvious but is doesent justify the way we have been treated. Swtor also lost millions of subs and Id say its because of bad devs. This game is a faliure and theres no doubt about it

The thing is that they need to learn to strike a balance between community interactions and holding their cards close to their chest, because being silent doesn't help with the community's confidence either.

to be fair they have particularly been silent over the last few weeks due to Christmas vacation, I mean after all the community representatives have families and lives too. It will be a little more busy soon

Yup. I'd rather they work on the game than be summoned to answer every qq post about premades, class balance etc.

I did not say they have something, but they know anything they say might make things worse. For example, if they say "we are working on a fix for this" then people will expect that fix and angry when its delayed due to problems. That's what I meant, I didn't say at any point they had something they were hiding.

My appologies. I was reading into it a bit more than there was.

Turns out my forum privileges didn't go away until I went to look at my account settings right after posting last. Oh well. Still have the account I pay for, for my son. I actually don't see him playing much anymore, so I wonder if he's ready to be done so I can close this one as well.

I like this response. So predictable. I came back to SWTOR 2 months ago. I have unsubbed and havent playd the game for 2 weeks.

do wait, you stop playing and just decide to skulk around the forums? That makes no sense. I know the subs still active for now since you are probably waiting for it to end since you were probably already billed and since you have to be a sub to play, still, if you already payed for that time, and you won't even play it, probably if I have to guess, off "principle", then why are you still skulking around the forums I mean, I would at least get my moneys-worth and play until the time I payed for ended, not spend the time posting on forums.

do wait, you stop playing and just decide to skulk around the forums? That makes no sense. I know the subs still active for now since you are probably waiting for it to end since you were probably already billed and since you have to be a sub to play, still, if you already payed for that time, and you won't even play it, probably if I have to guess, off "principle", then why are you still skulking around the forums I mean, I would at least get my moneys-worth and play until the time I payed for ended, not spend the time posting on forums.

Cannot speak for that poster directly, but I can understand based on my own issues of posting here when not playing or even subbed. It is because there are a lot of things about this game that I love. The lore and story. The combat. Hutt Ball. Space PvP for a bit here and there. Just gets to be not enough any more and if I am paying for it, I might as well voice my opinions on the game and hope it somehow gets better; even if I feel there is little hope.

Yup. I'd rather they work on the game than be summoned to answer every qq post about premades, class balance etc.

Noone says we want response every day to every topic mate. I think people would be happy if devs would once a month looked at most active topics in PvP section and told us short opinion / answer on that. And if mods would do theirs job properly we would see topics with same issue merged so it would be easy to say which issue is currently important to PvP community on forums.

Cannot speak for that poster directly, but I can understand based on my own issues of posting here when not playing or even subbed. It is because there are a lot of things about this game that I love. The lore and story. The combat. Hutt Ball. Space PvP for a bit here and there. Just gets to be not enough any more and if I am paying for it, I might as well voice my opinions on the game and hope it somehow gets better; even if I feel there is little hope.

oh ok I guess I can understand that. Still though I hold out hope, this game still got some stuff going for it that is why I have stuck around since early access.

to be fair they have particularly been silent over the last few weeks due to Christmas vacation, I mean after all the community representatives have families and lives too. It will be a little more busy soon

I don't fault them for taking a break during the holidays, that should be expected, but I just went back 50 pages and there are only three Dev posts, and only one of them some semi-recent (11/25, the other two were from 8/15, and 4/24).

That's not a very healthy level of community interaction.

If you look at some of the arguments going on now from Pro-Wildstar people, one of the most mentioned things is how active the WS devs are with the community. Whether or not that level of interaction will remain after the game is released is irrelevant.

The point is that it is being involved with the community is such a positive thing that gamers consider it to be important enough to list it as a feature of a game, and when all is said and done, it's a relatively cheap and easy feature to implement. If game developers choose to ignore this (as is the case with Bioware, seemingly), they'll wind up with a disgruntled player-base which is more willing to jump ship at the first sign of something better.

Noone says we want response every day to every topic mate. I think people would be happy if devs would once a month looked at most active topics in PvP section and told us short opinion / answer on that. And if mods would do theirs job properly we would see topics with same issue merged so it would be easy to say which issue is currently important to PvP community on forums.

Ye I guess that is true. I just think we tend to see things from a players perspective (as we should). We actually have no idea what pressures the programmers/devs are faced with, or how hard it is to code the things we want. Not like they would talk that stuff over with us anyway. I guess people just want to feel like their opinions are considered though, but I do agree that they (devs) are between a rock and a hard place. Maybe they don't say anything because they cannot always give an answer that suits everyone. It's a business and like any business they have to toe the line of management etc. I'm not a bioware apologist or anything like but I think it's a difficult position to be in and I think it's hard to get the balance right.

The saddest decision for me was loss or 8v8 ranked, that was not something I was happy with but I had no idea gsf was coming as well as arenas. Maybe they didn't want to split the queues even more. Who knows? But I think removing 8v8 was the worst thing they did. But they did make huttball. Huttball is so well designed, it gives me a little hope that they could surprise me one day with sonething that inventive again.

Well the majority of the posts here they really cannot comment on. Take the removal of 8v8 rwz and the petition that was created to put it back in. They would be admitting defeat in that 4v4 arenas have failed and that they make a brain dead decision. Also the majority of class balance issues, a prime example is operative healing. They said that based on "their metrics" that they found that merc healers won more games than ops during PTS. A huge debate which has gone on since launch has been premades. At the start they probably could have gone the route of separate queues but now, with a dwindling player base and no cross servers coming they really cannot afford to split the queues and their only solution is a full blown matchmaking system.

The only thing they need to touch on and it wont ever be here is their promise to keep up with the small scale balancing and their overall direction of where they see PvP going. I mean two...TWO warzones in two years have been added. Too me this is insane, and I know they mentioned a new huttball coming but that remains to be seen. Oh and bolster. They have still yet to release their lengthy math post on actually describing how the heck bolster works. And this will benefit everyone, new and old players alike because there is still a debate on how it actually works.

The majority of the posts here are poorly thought out and do not warrant a response. Take the majority of the premade threads are almost always some rant that just mindless bashings and meaningless keystrokes. It is pretty accurate on what PvE players say in that us PvPers are for the most part a bunch of kids who scream and demand things. Yes there are still some big issues with PvP but the way this community goes about it to me is all wrong.