Why KOTOR 3 would've been a better route than SWTOR coming after KOTOR 2..

NobleSpec

I view Drakes as the Snakes of the Dragon world. They be classified by science as reptiles, but they are nowhere near true as Dragons. And Flemeth was a shape shifter, not a Dragon. It's like saying RC Cola is Pepsi.

It's not. And it never will be. :mad:

I must have dreamt up that high dragon I fought before sacred Ashes.. and the arch demon... and that dragon in in awakenings and oh god, that ******e dragon at the mines in DA2 that made me switch over completely to turn based combat (aka pause obsessively)

there are dragons in dragon age. they are rare, but they are there. and yes, Flemeth counts. as does arch demon. not to mention - dragon AGE refers to a time period (you know, like year of the snake, or rooster, or 2014 being year of the horse, except they are counting in centuries I think it was?)

aaanyways. Kotor had its issues. and my biggest problem with SWTOR as a sequel is that they compounded "Revan" and canonized Revan AND exile. something IMO they shouldn't have done. should have kept it vague. but oh well.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, for referance KOTOR 3 exists, but wasnt made into a game. It was made into a book.

Read "SWTOR Revan" and theres your KOTOR 3. The KOTOR storyline is over for the most part.

Edited by Nemmar

They could always do another KOTOR after this MMO ends in order to put a finality on the story.

yeah but they will not be able to ignore the Revan parts of the story here from this game either. If they do it, it will probably be something that leads up to the fate Revan gets in this game.

yeah but they will not be able to ignore the Revan parts of the story here from this game either. If they do it, it will probably be something that leads up to the fate Revan gets in this game.

That is SWTOR: Revan book. It explains it pretty well.

Not really, the thing is the Exile in that book is not the Exile in the game, she has different abilities and a different personality, and Drew who wrte it pretty much said that it was just to kill off the characters, so not really what fans want to read.

Now for the thread, Yes Kotor 3 might been amazing, and we might be onto Kotor 5 if it had happened, but it didn't and this kind of speculation gets morbid quite quickly. Basically It didn't happen, this game did, be grateful for small mercies.:p

Not really, the thing is the Exile in that book is not the Exile in the game, she has different abilities and a different personality, and Drew who wrte it pretty much said that it was just to kill off the characters, so not really what fans want to read.

Now for the thread, Yes Kotor 3 might been amazing, and we might be onto Kotor 5 if it had happened, but it didn't and this kind of speculation gets morbid quite quickly. Basically It didn't happen, this game did, be grateful for small mercies.:p

How can you say that? The Exile in the Book is the one in the game. People change personalities all the time.

The book "Revan" was GREAT right up until the end (there's NO way the Revan or Meetra I played with would have gone into imperial space WITHOUT my "homicidal assassin droid"Lol). That said, I still think there should be a KOTOR 3. But I think it should focus on a new set of characters. Set it to take place 1000 years after the events in swtor & let's get er done!

yeah I know I read it the day it came out, still though, I just am trying to think of options for a KOTOR 3, as it is it has to tie into the previous 2 kotors. I found these interesting articles about what KOTOR 3 would have been like, KOTOR 2 was meant to lead into number 3, and was going to do basically what this game did, introduce the "true sith" Empire hinted in 2.

http://gamerant.com/kotor-3-story-details-old-republic-operation-nightmare-update/

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/08/01/knights-of-the-old-republic-3-was-in-pre-production-at-obsidian/

Edited by Sangrar

Well, at least we know that there will be more Revan incoming.

No-one does story-based games anymore. Not outside of Europe.

looks at 8 stories in SWTOR. looks at every single Tell Tale game. looks at uncharted and Lara Croft and a plethora of games.. looks at bioware single player games

I guess those are all just chopped liver, huh

or they don't count becasue they are not telling a story YOU want to hear in a way that you prefer?

We can all agree...KOTOR and KOTOR 2 were two great games.

Hmmm. KOTOR 1 was a fantastic game, KOTOR 2 was a great game ;).

A open ended trilogy? Maybe. It just felt like the story was rushed into the MMO, severing the nice flow the original two set forth. There was no real finale.

Be careful what you wish for! The trend in the KOTOR games was down, not up. The plot was so convuluted by the end of KOTOR II I'm not sure a coherent KOTOR III would have been possible.

How am I dealing with this? I literally cut out the last chapter of the novel, and am currently waiting for KOTOR 3...lol...I can be patient.

As has been stated, you pretty much are playing the closest thing to KOTOR III you are going to get.

- Arcada

Edited by Nydus

Hey Guys, just a speculation that I produced in my head. I know its opinionated, leave your comments and own opinions below.

<snipped for brevity>

IF they did a KOTOR3.... it would already be consumed and discarded in the pile of consumed and abandoned single player games by summer of 2012. Why? Because a decade of console games has created a generation of consume and discard game players.

SWTOR already suffered from a large influx of KOTOR3 wannabes who played it to 50 on a character and then treated it like a console game that was completed and needed to discard it for their next SPG fix. They probably accounted for more then a million of the boxes sold prelaunch and at launch. But since they are not really MMO players... they moved on. At the same time... this game was a bit too KOTOR-like at launch and it pissed off the core MMO players looking for their next WoW-killer_wannabe and demanding a decade of content at launch.

Edited by Andryah

Ok, for referance KOTOR 3 exists, but wasnt made into a game. It was made into a book.

Read "SWTOR Revan" and theres your KOTOR 3. The KOTOR storyline is over for the most part.

That can be agreed upon. Instead of looking at it as a bridge between KOTOR 2 and SWTOR, it can be seen as KOTOR 3. But I know a lot of us would like a game instead. But I agree it could be KOTOR 3

• 3 weeks later...
KOTOR 2 was a load of crap... its not even finished... it just ends in the middle

KotOR 2 actually improves on a lot of the core gameplay functionality and adds new features like the influence system. As far as story goes, Obsidian was rushed to get the US release out in time for the holiday season, so a lot of content had to be cut. The KotOR 2 Restoration Mod (TSLRCM) restores a ridiculous amount of this content and hundreds of bugs. I recommend giving the game a fresh start from the beginning with the mod installed ;)

Yes, A BH or Smuggler could have been the basis for KotOR 3. You do know that there are OTHER people in the Star Wars universe outside of Jedi and Sith, right? Not everything has to be Lightsabers and morality.

I got crazy excited about this game because it was an opportunity to stray away from the Jedi and Sith play style. They are a main part of the story but they aren't the only part, arguably not even the most important part, (BH/Trooper fanboyism lol). When I heard about playing as a Trooper, Bounty Hunter, Smuggler, and Imperial Agent I literally cried a little with excitement. SWTOR was exactly what I wanted, I am not an avid MMO guy so all the problems people had didn't bother me slightly, and it delivered exactly what I wanted out of it. One could say my expectations weren't very high but I don't really expect perfection when any game comes out, especially after my ME3 expectations demoralized me.

They already did Kotor 3 but it was cancelled. All we know about htis now is that it was Kotor 3 and main protagonist was human female. Story supposed to be closure for Revan's and Exile's story, which we kinda have in Revan. Anyway thanks to this we have Mass Effect.