COOL ! premades already ruining starfighter

Kratier

I will gladly tell that to any player who complains that Premades are ruining their pvp, because it's the truth. Group PVP is about teamwork to get the win. You should be blaming the lone wolf players who refuse to work together, that's who you should blame.

Premades is just smart gameplay and you can't dispute that no matter how hard you try to twist it.

Indeed. But no, keep chugging along there, Discount Leeroy Jenkins. Because I guarantee you, even if they removed Premades from PuG queues, you're still going to get curbstomped by the two players on the other team who decided to stick together instead of run off alone.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't have a problem with facing premade teams, it's just the GSF hardcore mode.

Problem with GSF is, if you're stationary near an enemy, you're dead. The only time when you can call incs by typing is when you're in spawn, and if you were guarding a satellite and are now in spawn, it's already too late. Being able to PTT and say it to groupmates is a big plus, since you don't have to be stationary for it, and can even do it during a dogfight.

QFT.

I'd really like to see a small hotbar added to the UI with 3 buttons that can be assigned hotkeys.

button 1 = write string "incoming A" to the chatbox

button 2 = "incoming B"

button 3 = "incoming C"

That would pretty well even up any potential pug vs. premade issues. It would provide most of the actually utility of PTT, without them having to deal with all the technical hurdles.

If they wanted to be aggressive about it, they could add 3 more buttons to announce "A/B/C clear" in chat.

Indeed. But no, keep chugging along there, Discount Leeroy Jenkins. Because I guarantee you, even if they removed Premades from PuG queues, you're still going to get curbstomped by the two players on the other team who decided to stick together instead of run off alone.

You'll forgive me if I'm not shure if you're agreeing with me or talking to someone else.

I will gladly tell that to any player who complains that Premades are ruining their pvp, because it's the truth. Group PVP is about teamwork to get the win. You should be blaming the lone wolf players who refuse to work together, that's who you should blame.

Premades is just smart gameplay and you can't dispute that no matter how hard you try to twist it.

It doesn't matter what you, or I, believe, or want. You can have teamwork in a pug, but it won't be as good as a premade with voice chat, and each knowing their role on the team.

If participation drops off as I think it will, the devs will have to make adjustments.

Both. I agree with you and am talking to those PVPers who think they can run off by themselves.

Thank you for the clarity. Yes, I'm talking to the people who repeatedly run into the middle of Alderaan that get ripped apart while the enemy team holds two bases including the middle.

It doesn't matter what you, or I, believe, or want. You can have teamwork in a pug, but it won't be as good as a premade with voice chat, and each knowing their role on the team.

If participation drops off as I think it will, the devs will have to make adjustments.

The only adjustments that can be made is to enable voicechat in game. Which will do nothing but give those geniuses free reign to complain to their team mates that they died because [insert dumb excuse here].

So you admit it's a L2P and L2Work together issue? Thanks.

They could try solo queue only, but there are ways around that. Just like there was a way in 8v8 rated to get a double premade.

Yeah, then it's not Premades. It's "Crappy healer didn't heal me!" or "Enemy Jugg hasa pocket Sorc and camping the pad!"

The problem is not that premades are more efficent. The problem is that these PVPers suck and they expect everyone else around them to let them suck and WIN.

So you admit it's a L2P and L2Work together issue? Thanks.

No, it's a admit there's an advantage that good premades have that can't be duplicated in pugs to the same degree.

Most people in ground pvp just quit against a premade, and queue into another WZ. I don't blame them for doing it.

No, it's a admit there's an advantage that good premades have that can't be duplicated in pugs to the same degree.

MMOs generally do a pretty good job of convincing terrible players that they're not terrible through gear progression (ect.), but the illusion breaks down pretty quickly in GSF. People get used to thinking that they're awesome, so they think that there has to be another explanation for why they're failing. They're quick to blame premades or ship upgrades or anything else for their losses, but the root issue is that some people are just better at the game than others - a lot better.

Edited by Lymain

Liking a person doesn't make them your friend. Buddy/acquaintance - sure. But a friend is someone who'd share the last slice of bread with you in time of need. Someone who considers you family. The average online acquaintance doesn't really qualify.

The vast majority of Internet relations would just post a frowny face, or donate 5 dollars to your cause, but that's about it (not speaking of exceptional cases when communities raise tens of thousands of dollars for healing sick children, or to help a wrongfully accused person defend themselves in court, but that's not an issue of online friendship - it's human decency).

I suppose I'm just not as jaded then. To me a friend is someone I enjoy talking to and enjoy doing things with (in this case, playing TOR). "Buddies" are friends. There's levels of friendship like everything else. I've known some people online for 5 to 10 years. That's more than a casual acquaintance no matter where they live in proximity to me.

Anyway, they're called "friends lists" in games for a reason. The majority of people don't have your lofty criteria for what constitutes a friend. :p

MMOs generally do a pretty good job of convincing terrible players that they're not terrible through gear progression (ect.), but the illusion breaks down pretty quickly in GSF. People get used to thinking that they're awesome, so they think that there has to be another explanation for why they're failing. They're quick to blame premades or ship upgrades or anything else for their losses, but the root issue is that some people are just better at the game than others - a lot better.

Yup.

I have been in GSF matches where we all decided on a plan before the battle started and then stuck to that plan. 9/10 we win the match and it's almost a walkover.

That 10th time tho, it usually turns out the enemy made up a plan and stuck to it too.

Now, these are complete strangers mind you. I'm not playing with my guild or in premade groups.

Just ordinary folks working together to win the match.

Unfortunately, this only happens maby half the time I play a match. The other half, people just spread out, go dogfighting and don't listen to eachother.

Those matches we always lose.

I'm guessing this is what the OP does in every match.

Edited by OddballEasyEight

I suppose I'm just not as jaded then. To me a friend is someone I enjoy talking to and enjoy doing things with (in this case, playing TOR). "Buddies" are friends. There's levels of friendship like everything else. I've known some people online for 5 to 10 years. That's more than a casual acquaintance no matter where they live in proximity to me.

Anyway, they're called "friends lists" in games for a reason. The majority of people don't have your lofty criteria for what constitutes a friend. :p

I suppose living in a wealthy society does diminish the value we place in friendship. Although, I prefer calling things what they are. Wouldn't call an online acquaintance a friend (no matter how much I enjoy chatting and playing with them - we haven't been in a foxhole). Wouldn't tell a one-night stand that I "love" her, no matter how good she was and no matter how much she wants to hear it.

I don't really get the premade issue for GS I really don't. I've been on both receiving and giving end of some near whitewash matches but I don't think it was down to premades personally.

It's not like ground game where it's easiy and very effective for 4 people to focus fire and cause havoc. But in space... I can't say the matches I got clobbered I got clobbered cos of 4 guys were on skype, flying the V formation and top gun style areal combat. I got clobbered cos 6 guys on my team had single digit hit percentage 0 kills 0 assists and 0 objective points. If 3/4 of the team are without a clue and easy pickings the 2 that know what they're doing are pretty much SOL too. And you don't need to be in a premade to be on the winning end of such a scenario and get 15+ kills.

That being said newcomers are gonna have a hell of a time. But not due to premades, due to general learning curve. Subs have had a couple of months to turn into sharks. Now we're getting 2 waves of people being thrown in at the deep end. Team that has 6 newbies will get butchered by the team that only has 2. Without a premade in sight. And we know matchmaking won't help much.

Edited by aeterno

I suppose living in a wealthy society does diminish the value we place in friendship. Although, I prefer calling things what they are. Wouldn't call an online acquaintance a friend (no matter how much I enjoy chatting and playing with them - we haven't been in a foxhole). Wouldn't tell a one-night stand that I "love" her, no matter how good she was and no matter how much she wants to hear it.

Like I said, there's levels of friendship. That guy who makes you laugh who you enjoy playing a game with can still be a friend even if he didn't save your life in a foxhole. It's a little different from a one night stand because I'm talking about people who you game with on a regular basis. I just don't consider people to be disposable I guess.

Also, friend is defined as:

1. A person whom one knows, likes, and trusts.

2. A person whom one knows; an acquaintance.

3. A person with whom one is allied in a struggle or cause; a comrade.

4. One who supports, sympathizes with, or patronizes a group, cause, or movement: friends of the clean air movement.

None of that says a friend has to be a person who you'd trust to save your life. Also, they're called "friends" on social media, but I think people you enjoy talking to in your guild count as friends more than those 800 Facebook friends so many people collect.

Edited by Beltane

Yup.

I have been in GSF matches where we all decided on a plan before the battle started and then stuck to that plan. 9/10 we win the match and it's almost a walkover.

That 10th time tho, it usually turns out the enemy made up a plan and stuck to it too.

Now, these are complete strangers mind you. I'm not playing with my guild or in premade groups.

Just ordinary folks working together to win the match.

That IS the definition of an premade, imho !

Unfortunately, this only happens maby half the time I play a match. The other half, people just spread out, go dogfighting and don't listen to eachother.

Those matches we always lose.

Because you are then not a premade anymore.

Human psychology. Not understood by PvPers.

That IS the definition of an premade, imho !

Because you are then not a premade anymore.

Human psychology. Not understood by PvPers.

I do not think that word means what you think it does. [/inigoMontoya]

A premade group is a group that queued together before the match (hence "pre-", before the match, "made", grouped up), as contrasted with a Pick-Up Group (or PUG) where everyone queued individually (or in small groups, usually 1 or 2).

You can have PUGs that decided to coordinate a strategy, but that doesn't make them a premade. By the same token you can have a premade that utterly fails to plan or implement a strategy - but that doesn't make it a PUG. (It does defeat the purpose of forming a premade, but that's another matter.)

Premades against randoms is for carebears.

If you're a carebear, continue to queue your premade against randoms.

How do you know it's a pre-made? How do you know if you aren't flying against a pre-made with your pre-made?

Not wanting to fight against a coordinated group is the definition of carebear in GSF. You seem to think that anyone who shows teamwork and coordination is a carebear when in fact your not wanting to fight against the best available is what being a carebear is all about.

This is a MMO. In MMO's, people play together. If you are playing a MMO and not playing with others...well, you are doing it wrong. If you are anti-social, if you hate playing with others, if you just want to log on and "do your thing" then you are gimping yourself and to expect others to change to your play style because you won't join a guild or play with friends is just ignorant.

Instead of railing against the limited advantage 4 players in VOIP contact have, start using teamwork yourself. Don't expect others to lower themselves to your level, their world does not revolve around your wants.

How do you know it's a pre-made? How do you know if you aren't flying against a pre-made with your pre-made?

Apparently if you lose to someone, it has to be a premade :rak_01:

Seriously I have had ground warzones where no one on the other team was even in the same guild and someone shouted "that was a premade" upon losing, and in gsf you can't even see guildnames. There are one or two premades yes, but not nearly as much as exaggerated on these forums.