SWTOR in 2014. Plan? Your Ideas?

NobleSpec

More of a mini game, like PvP.

Is there any story content in this "expansion"

Is there a level increase?

Are there any new planets we can go on?

Of course bioware have labelled it an expansion, but compared to other games this certainly isn't expansion size. And to you it may still be an expansion but to me it's an add on.

Makeb and Gsf are both nothing but dlc. gsf was highly criticized by the pvp community, some defend it but for the most part its gotten below avg reviews Makeb just 5 levels more fetch quests

sigh what more do i have to say?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Makeb and Gsf are both nothing but dlc. gsf was highly criticized by the pvp community, some defend it but for the most part its gotten below avg reviews Makeb just 5 levels more fetch quests

sigh what more do i have to say?

That you admit defeat and the real reason you sub constantly to this game is because you love it and want to marry it?

My plan is simple:

1. Play the game

2. Have fun playing the game

3. Stop playing the game if and when it's no longer fun

Easy peasy.

/Agree.

Know your roles and responsibilities, IMO, in the consumer and supplier model that is MMOs.

Ours, as players, is to play the game for as long as we enjoy it, offer constructive suggestions (in the suggestion box), report bugs (in the bug report forum or in game), and chillax.

Leave the actual content planning and development up to the professionals at Bioware.

Afterall, setting aside the hyperbole of a small number of dedicated SWTOR haters.......Bioware did a good job in 2013 with SWTOR (even by most skeptics measure and standards). Some of it in the form of pleasant surprises to the playerbase as well.

So as far as I am concerned....let 2014 and more surprises commence.

Edited by Andryah

Why do you have to be so insulting to the mentally handicapped? Tsk, tsk...

Oh...i had a feeling they were mentally handicapped, thank you for confirming my assumptions.

edit: oops almost forgot

/Agree.

but seriously why do people write like that HURR DURR /AGREE.

/Agree. I agree with your post !!!!!!!!11111 /.AGREE,

its so cringe

Edited by Rileysoph

Well, the Knight hasn't received full closure (being the only story I have finished yet, lemme elaborate).

-He killed the *Voice* of the Emperor, the Sith Warrior storyline says as much.

-When he returned to his ship, Kira talker about a friend who was still hearing the Voice. That could lead somewhere right?

And about Avengers style storyline, why can't they make it a bit different? We have all 4 heroes working towards the same goal. But through different means.

For example:

Goal - Killing the Emperor once and for all

-Knight:- Systematically eliminates most of the Dark Council

-Consular - Travels the galaxy to gather allies, including at least one Dark Council member who wants to betray the Emperor. The Consular should also get to kill a few Dark Councillors just because the Knight shouldn't have all the fun.

-Trooper - Leads various assaults on different planets controlled by the Empire.

-Smuggler - (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) I have heard he gets to control a fleet or corporation of his own or something in the end of Chapter III. Somehow make that fit into the whole thing.

The final mission is on DK, and *here* they all get together to kill the Emperor.

^^ That's just a basic outline, I expect Bioware to make something more complex than that if they want to call it a "story" XD

Problem with that is the story still remains fractured. People would end up having to run about the entire world area trying to get the complete story. And what if you don't have friends who are the right class or they're the same class as you so you have to complete the same mission twice or you missed an important chapter because you weren't the right class etc. It's still a problem to work out. That's the only thing that is preventing a story based expansion. "How can we create a story that is both independent and inclusive at the same time, all the while building on the previous story and expanding it successfully?"

But I have faith in Bioware that they will eventually discover a way to avoid Stupid Sequel Syndrome and deliver a quality story that every class can enjoy together.

pretty much this, oh and insinuate that these 'haters' are other ppl and convince the genral populace pretty pathetic if u ask me

wish these ppl would get banned so soem of us could trade some real logical and astute dialogue w/o their hyperbole in the mix

yse. anyone who likes tbis gaem shud be banned. ww shud traed vary loigcal dilogu tbis way.

No, pretty sure it's because there is nowhere else to go for the class storylines. Everyone got a nice ending, considering. There is nothing else left to do. Warrior becomes Wrath, The Knight killed the Emperor, Inquisitor joins the Dark Council etc. There's no real point of advancement for individual stories. And any type of Act 4 would have to render your character's status completely null and void for the sake of another rags-to-riches story or create some over the top threat that requires you to deal with. Makeb was the latter, operating under the Avengers-style Faction umbrella and while it worked for conveying a story without separating everyone via different instances, it drastically cut down on replayability.

It was sort of a lesser of two evils deal. Either continue Class stories, ruin your character for the sake of another journey and segregate the community during the leveling experience or discontinue the class stories in favor of faction stories, integrate the community and kill off replayability.

They weighed the options and went Avengers.

If you think there is no place to go, you really have no imagination. Gaining power is just the begining. Just think if the writers of Superman took your stance. Baby Superman arrives on Earth in the 1930s. He is the most powerful being! End of story.

Faction stories don't integrate the community, thought they do kill replay value. Everyone who solos class stories solos faction stories, unless you mean to disenfranchise the soloers and limit all new content into flashpoints and operations (which seems to be the intention behind Oricon.)

And please for the love of god let the poorly thought out Avengers analogy die. It simply doesn't work.

The Avengers movie focuses on recruiting the heroes, and then they mostly do their own thing until the final battle. Even in the final battle they separate and face different challenges. They don't do anything as a group. Would anyone have watched the movie otherwise? Imagine Fury skyping the 5 heroes "hey guys come to the Helicarrier we have a major threat to the planet." All six sit in on Loki's interrogation. No subplot with Hawkeye. All 6 jet to New York and fight side by side. They all smack Loki around and then close the portal together. Fury tells them at the end to bunk up on the Helicarrier since they will only do things together from now on.

Picture if Makeb was actually like the Avengers movie. Each class would have several unique quests before agreeing to save Makeb. Then they each would have quests that follow the same outline, but are all handled very differently. Then they face the Archon with different strategies based on their earlier chapters and the unique development they had since signing on to the mission. It would be the same over-arching story, but with 8 very different paths.

Edited by Damask_Rose
typos

I personally, would love to see Open World Space. like for example. you could Build a Raid or multiple raids and go and actually attack the other factions fleet or bases in different planets space area. Imagine a Huge Space Battle at a fleet? now talk about Star Wars.

I personally, would love to see Open World Space. like for example. you could Build a Raid or multiple raids and go and actually attack the other factions fleet or bases in different planets space area. Imagine a Huge Space Battle at a fleet? now talk about Star Wars.

too bad there's almost nothing wars-y about this game just lame cutscenes that i want to spacebar thru bc behind it all are just fetch quests

If you think there is no place to go, you really have no imagination. Gaining power is just the begining. Just think if the writers of Superman took your stance. Baby Superman arrives on Earth in the 1930s. He is the most powerful being! End of story.

Faction stories don't integrate the community, thought they do kill replay value. Everyone who solos class stories solos faction stories, unless you mean to disenfranchise the soloers and limit all new content into flashpoints and operations (which seems to be the intention behind Oricon.)

And please for the love of god let the poorly thought out Avengers analogy die. It simply doesn't work.

The Avengers movie focuses on recruiting the heroes, and then they mostly do their own thing until the final battle. Even in the final battle they separate and face different challenges. They don't do anything as a group. Would anyone have watched the movie otherwise? Imagine Fury skyping the 5 heroes "hey guys come to the Helicarrier we have a major threat to the planet." All six sit in on Loki's interrogation. No subplot with Hawkeye. All 6 jet to New York and fight side by side. They all smack Loki around and then close the portal together. Fury tells them at the end to bunk up on the Helicarrier since they will only do things together from now on.

Picture if Makeb was actually like the Avengers movie. Each class would have several unique quests before agreeing to save Makeb. Then they each would have quests that follow the same outline, but are all handled very differently. Then they face the Archon with different strategies based on their earlier chapters and the unique development they had since signing on to the mission. It would be the same over-arching story, but with 8 very different paths.

Have you actually completed a class quest? They all end with the characters gaining their highest place of power. They defeat their enemies and achieve their destiny. If you want to go by Superman, essentially, Superman defeats Lex Luthor forever. Now what does he do? Nothing. So what do the writers do? Reboot! That's one half of the crux of trying to make an Act 4 when the story already ended.

The Avengers analogy does in fact work, as in the Avengers, Iron Man didn't ditch the Battle of New York to go chase down the Mandarin by himself while Captain America toddled off to the Multiverse to find Red Skull. The story was focused on Loki and the Chitari, not five separate villains each doing their own thing that just so happens to be going on at the same time, like individual class stories.

And yes, soloing faction stories is possible, but at least it doesn't require the players to constantly back track because the Smuggler they just invited to the group is in the first area of the zone and everyone else progressed to the third area. If you have a group running the story missions, no one has to say "Well, I have to stop off here and do this cutscene so you guys just stand here and afterwards we can go to yours and then yours and then yours." That is the other half of the problem.

1. Open world space exploration

2. Player housing (Similar to Galaxies, giving us the items and tools to decorate and everything)

3. More awesome Cartel Market items

4. New playable species (More than one this time)

5. A new expansion that gives us several new planets to explore, a non-class based storyline (like Makeb) as well as Chapter 4 for every single class

6. Secrets. I miss MMO secrets. Hidden things that people don't and wont know about until they stumble upon it

7. The ability to use an alternate character as a companion (Charge us Cartel Coins if you must, I don't care)

8. New companion characters (made obtainable through QUESTS)

9. New content for already existent companions.

10. Bigger and better world events.

Okay, so maybe wanting/expecting all of this in ONE year is a little unrealistic. So I'll say, I want/expect this in the next few years.

My bet is that BW will go heavily into GSF development until they realized that its a wrong turn into a dead end street in later part of 2014.

Then they will rollback and do 'damage control'. I am not too sure whether it will be a case too late too little. Of course I would like them to focus on existing core of the game. But by the look of it, it does not seem important to them at the moment. New things that can sell well (or they think so) on the CM always get their priority.

My plan is simple:

1. Play the game

2. Have fun playing the game

3. Stop playing the game if and when it's no longer fun

Easy peasy.

This is Star Wars!

You can't just let it go:D

But on topic.

1. more smart questlines

2. A real threat that could crush both the republic and the empire, every game needs a major villain. A few hutts messing with a planet just cant compete with supervillains like Malak, Revan, The Emperor.

3. remodeling your ship, as in, the ship you use to travel to planets. Some furnishing, expanded ship parts in form of rooms where you could for example, decorate with trophies, maybe a physical A-Z book containing all the lore achievement stuff you have discovered through the game etc.

4. new companions, and some should be included in the game for free.SW is full of cool species to toy with.

5.more flashpoints. Nuff said.

6.A better way to organize your cartel collection, it´s an easy fix, really, example, give us the means to move whole sections up on the list. For example, i want armor, weapons and crystals to be on top of the list. click and drag.

7.more intruiging nemesises (is that a word?^^) through questlines, like Thana Vesh, she was brilliant.

8. Go back to the roots a bit, what happened to Revan? Is he plotting something?

9.please readjust the dailes system a bit, it feels a bit ...empty to finish off a questline just to stumble on another daily grind where quests are delivered by boxes with textmessages.

10. An event that lets both sides invade a part of both fleets.

thats my two cents, i love the game, but my problem is that i feel that it might drift away from its core with all the original writers gone. flame on and happy new year<3

And about Avengers style storyline, why can't they make it a bit different? We have all 4 heroes working towards the same goal. But through different means.

For example:

Goal - Killing the Emperor once and for all

-Knight:- Systematically eliminates most of the Dark Council

-Consular - Travels the galaxy to gather allies, including at least one Dark Council member who wants to betray the Emperor. The Consular should also get to kill a few Dark Councillors just because the Knight shouldn't have all the fun.

-Trooper - Leads various assaults on different planets controlled by the Empire.

-Smuggler - (POSSIBLE SPOILERS) I have heard he gets to control a fleet or corporation of his own or something in the end of Chapter III. Somehow make that fit into the whole thing.

The final mission is on DK, and *here* they all get together to kill the Emperor.

^^ That's just a basic outline, I expect Bioware to make something more complex than that if they want to call it a "story" XD

OMG. YES! :D I would personally LOVE something like that. Not only would it be more realistic instead of everyone doing the EXACT same thing, but it'd also give more incentive to play through the stories on different classes.

But sadly, I doubt that'll happen either because Bioware doesn't want to spend that much money on it and/or people will whine that another classes' role is more important or 'cooler' than his/hers'. :(

Swtor is doing well....at least better than it was a year from now. I commend Bioware on an excellent 2013.

There hasn't been any info for future expansions or plans.. So let's speculate!

What do you think will come next??? I hope for some story content myself. I know personal stories aren't on their drawing board at all- however lets at least see some story and dialogue!

Let's hear y'all's ideas!

Legacy based mission series.

It would be an 8 part mission that could only be completed if you did all 8 Act 3s.

prepare for a massive numbers drop in Four months when Elder Scrolls Online happens. Expect the Developers too never give timelines, New Voiced quests or misson. Text terminals only. Half arsed quests. Nothing new or groundbreaking. What remains of the team was ordered by EA to just focus on making gambling packs to get as much money as they can before the new year of MMO's destroys this game.

They seem to be moving in a great direction in terms of additional expansions/content. My wish would be the following:

1) Some type of web-based armory system where you can show off your character a little bit. These games are so much better when others can look up your accomplishments, gear, etc.

2) Some more open areas. This is something I thought would be fixed by now. In any particular area, to get from point A to point B you have to fight through endless mobs. You can't run through them since you're blasted off your mount constantly. What does this accomplish counter productive to a MMO design?

It makes the worlds feel small and claustrophobic..

I'd love a more open area akin to the timeless isle, where players can wander around, explore the open world and feel a sense of wonderment. Something that SWG had mastered.

3) 2 player mounts